Options

Replies

• jamiesueaustin
    Options
    For real... I want pop tarts now...
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I eat Pop Tarts and ice cream daily. I'm able to lose weight and/or maintain while doing this, without issue. My blood panels are absolutely great. Just wanted to share; you can eat what you want and hit your goals. Proceed to flame and hate. Thank you.

no **** because you eat 4,000 calories so the ice cream and pop tarts make up a very small % of your calories.

in someone eating 1200 or 1600 or even 2000 calories, they make up a much larger percentage of intake - and thus are more of a problem. lol

I eat less than 2,000 cals a day and eat ice cream almost daily. Poptarts less often, but still present.

It's called fitting them into your day. Which I do. Every. Day.

I didn't say you can't do it. I said it's "more of a problem" meaning you need to be more conscious of the % of your diet they make up. With a 4000 cal diet, you can pretty much say "who gives a ****", unhinge your jaw, and consume.

That could be said of ANY food, though. It's not a "problem" if you eat correction portions of foods so that they fit into your day. It's handling your business efficiently. You can't blame the foods, only the person consuming certain amounts of said foods, for weight loss inability.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I eat something I want every single day. Today I had coconut M&M eggs. Only 6 of them, but they were yummay!
  • Just2Bhappy
    Just2Bhappy Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Nope. We are. According to 1 Peter 5:8: Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

Back the fudge up..

Are you saying that God hates beer?

He is more of a wine guy.

He just believes in moderation. Don't get **** faced and a lion wont eat you.
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You have sabotaged my weight loss journey with your profile photo of a pop tart and ice cream sandwich. This is a trigger for me, a trigger that is pulled any time I see an image of food.
    When I see these sorts of things, I lose total control of myself (except the amount of control, obviously, that I need to get into my car and drive to the store, select "unhealthy" foods and patiently wait to check out and then return home and prepare them.)
    I eat them all. I think the very notion that you have chosen to force me to do this to myself is enraging and nauseating. Unfortunately, anger and nausea are also triggers, so If you'll excuse me, I have to go to the store.
    With love,
    Burt
    : :flowerforyou:
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I eat Pop Tarts and ice cream daily. I'm able to lose weight and/or maintain while doing this, without issue. My blood panels are absolutely great. Just wanted to share; you can eat what you want and hit your goals. Proceed to flame and hate. Thank you.

no **** because you eat 4,000 calories so the ice cream and pop tarts make up a very small % of your calories.

in someone eating 1200 or 1600 or even 2000 calories, they make up a much larger percentage of intake - and thus are more of a problem. lol

I don't see where my caloric intake came into this? When I eat less calories, I eat less pop tarts and ice cream. I don't stop all together. The point?

how many pop tarts do you eat daily (on average)?

2 most days. My diary's open. The last couple days are a bad example, been hitting 4 or so.

perfect. so you unwrap one package and eat them both right?

so does everyone else.

in a 4,000 cal diet that doesn't make any difference.

in a 1,200 cal diet, that same two pop tarts makes a significant difference.
  • Just2Bhappy
    Options
    For real... I want pop tarts now...

I want a smores pop tart frozen or toasted.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

I don't see where my caloric intake came into this? When I eat less calories, I eat less pop tarts and ice cream. I don't stop all together. The point?

Does it matter. You could eat 100% of your calories from pop-tarts in a day and still lose weight.

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    > 1 Year Consecutive Logging
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif

and sacrifice your health. and be malnourished. yep. you're right.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Nope. We are. According to 1 Peter 5:8: Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

Back the fudge up..

Are you saying that God hates beer?

He is more of a wine guy.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
  • Just2Bhappy
    Options

2 most days. My diary's open. The last couple days are a bad example, been hitting 4 or so.

so does everyone else.

So if you on a 1,200 diet only eat 1. :) You can have your tart and eat it too. :D Moderation.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

I eat less than 2,000 cals a day and eat ice cream almost daily. Poptarts less often, but still present.

I didn't say you can't do it. I said it's "more of a problem" meaning you need to be more conscious of the % of your diet they make up. With a 4000 cal diet, you can pretty much say "who gives a ****", unhinge your jaw, and consume.

That could be said of ANY food, though. It's not a "problem" if you eat correction portions of foods so that they fit into your day. It's handling your business efficiently. You can't blame the foods, only the person consuming certain amounts of said foods, for weight loss inability.

oh totally. we live in a free market capitalist society - companies can make whatever they want! I absolutely blame the person and not the food. But you have to KNOW that some foods are less healthy than others, and that knowledge hard to come by when people like the many on this board say "eat whatever you want"

to lose weight, yes, it doesn't matter what you eat if you're under your TDEE, but that doesn't mean you're getting all the nutrients your body needs to function correctly and be healthy.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

so does everyone else.

So if you on a 1,200 diet only eat 1. :) You can have your tart and eat it too. :D Moderation.

and what do you do with the other one? have you ever heard of someone not eating both pop tarts? ever?
  • jamiesueaustin
    Options
    CHRIST OP! Almost 1000 calories burned on the elliptical plus the rest of your exercise? F-ing-A you deserve pop-tarts and ice cream!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

so does everyone else.

and what do you do with the other one? have you ever heard of someone not eating both pop tarts? ever?

I had 3 the other day...didn't have room for all 4 in my calories.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

so does everyone else.

I do, frequently. Lol It's called will power. I definitely think they're a**holes for putting two in a package and making serving size one but It's up to me to decide how many to stuff into my mouth. This is why there are ziplock bags. :wink:
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options

Me, if I eat a Pop Tart it's only 1. I put the other in a zip lock bag. My daughter will only eat 1 at a time also.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options

oh totally. we live in a free market capitalist society - companies can make whatever they want! I absolutely blame the person and not the food. But you have to KNOW that some foods are less healthy than others, and that knowledge hard to come by when people like the many on this board say "eat whatever you want"

to lose weight, yes, it doesn't matter what you eat if you're under your TDEE, but that doesn't mean you're getting all the nutrients your body needs to function correctly and be healthy.

That's why you eat other food in addition.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Most people don't say eat whatever you want.....IIFYM assumes<20% from junk. The point people are making is people don't have to completely give up "bad foods" to see the change. No food is inherently bad but I think most would agree there are some foods you have to watch your portion sizes on more carefully. Shoot.....peanut butter.....even though "good" for you......is very easy to overindulge in......4TB (same cals as pop tarts) is pretty easy to put down.
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else break off the unfrosted edges and save the middle part for last? Or am I the only unreasonable freak on this post? :laugh:

I chew them off like a squirrel and then eat the frosted center. Every. Damn. Time.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

so does everyone else.

I do, frequently. Lol It's called will power. I definitely think they're a**holes for putting two in a package and making serving size one but It's up to me to decide how many to stuff into my mouth. This is why there are ziplock bags. :wink:

haha true, but the point is, I'd argue that 95% of people who open that package eat both, regardless of whether their daily calorie intake is 1,200 or 4,000.