What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• kmw899
    kmw899 Posts: 41
    Options
    If I manage to eat breakfast, I'll more than likely have one of these

-cereal, usually Honey Bunches of Oats or Special K with skim or almond milk.
    -whole wheat toast with an avocado smeared on with salt and pepper
    -chocolate protein shake with 8 oz skim milk and a frozen banana mixed in
    -multigrain waffles with sugar free syrup and turkey bacon
    -quick cook oats made with water with ground flax and wheat germ mixed in and sugar free syrup
  • luvablesweetpea
    luvablesweetpea Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    These are great ideas! Thanks!!

For me : fruit with oatmeal
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    3 eggs scrambled with mushrooms, lowfat cheese, and one Roma tomato:love:
  • BeautieXO
    Options
    Usually cereal, and depending on if I'm cold or not, a serving of oatmeal with a cut up apple or peach. If I'm not looking for warmth, 1/2 cup sunrise mesa cereal with a splash of milk and a handful of berries.
  • crazy4fids
    crazy4fids Posts: 173
    Options
    bump for later!
  • m5parr
    m5parr Posts: 21
    Options
    Over easy egg on toasted Dave's killer bread (21 whole grains) I like to dip the bread in the yolk, yum! Oh, and a non fat latte with 1tbsp of coffee syrup. Can't quite knock the lattes :P
  • Elliemisaurus
    Elliemisaurus Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Some kind of hot cereal (either oatmeal or whole wheat farina) with a tablespoon of peanut butter and some cinnamon and honey. Soooo yummy. :)
  • Poptart and a piece of fruit.
  • dakotawitch
    dakotawitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Most days, I eat 2 eggs sunny side up, with 2 slices of veggie bacon and 4 oz of either veggie juice or orange juice, and at least one cup of coffee with soy creamer (or fat free half and half) and 1 Tbsp agave nectar.

If I'm in a hurry, a protein shake or a protein bar, plus coffee and water.

Baked oatmeal is also a frequent feature in our house, as is regular oatmeal done overnight in the crockpot. If we bake it, we bake in fruit (usually apples) and applesauce. If we do regular oatmeal, I eat it with a little soy or almond milk and a dash of maple syrup. I usually also have coffee and either orange or veggie juice with it.

I sometimes sub out the coffee and have chai tea instead.
  • RyanShanks1
    Options
    Red River hot cereal, quite filling but not many cals
  • Thruen
    Thruen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal errday
  • tufztuf
    tufztuf Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Toasted Alvarado bread (very dense)
    2 Scrambled eggs - one whole and one white only
    Coffee w/ milk and sweetener

The high protein content makes me feel full all the way up to lunch.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    tomorrow i'm having chobani fat free plain yogurt with my strawberry jam mixed in, coffee and greek taboulle salad. lol

Today I had steel cut oats with my strawberry jam mixed in, coffee and celery. :~)
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    bacon, protein shake and a cheesestick (think they are called string cheese in america)
  • lilncbrat
    lilncbrat Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job and get up at 4:30 already to get my workouts in so I have to have something ready to go. I like to make a quiche on sundays and cut in servings and eat at my desk. I can make one quiche and it lasts for 8 days.
    Right now it's spinach and sausage.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I have a fruit and yogurt smoothie.

1 container Dannon light&fit Greek vanilla yogurt
    1/2c strawberries
    1/2c raspberries
    1 packet splenda
    1/4c Mott's for Tots reduced sugar apple juice
    3 ice cubes

throw it in a blender and away I go... plus I will have either a special k protein bar or a package of special k pastry crisps.

On the weekends I will have 2 scrambled eggs with 2 slices of deli style ham and reduced fat cheese, and fresh fruit with a piece of 12 grain toast.... typically I get about half of that because my baby girl will nom on it too :)
  • 04ward
    04ward Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Green Smoothie or Protein Shake. I never was a breakfast eater so this is the hardest part, making myself eat in the morning.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,959 Member
    Options
    Lately it's been Pho.
  • lisayew
    lisayew Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually juice my breakfast or do this:

Melt a banana in the microwave and make oatmeal with cereal oats and almond milk with a teaspoon of almond butter at the end. The banana is sweet with no added sugar. Its good.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    light soy milk with 1 scoop of promasil protein powder, 1 scoop of GNC women's ultra mega active and occasionally 2 tbsps of either Pb2 or better 'n peanut butter plus a fruit (banana) or a plain greek yogurt

my favorite though is a piece of whole grain bread with 2 tbsps of bettern 'n peanut butter and sliced banana with a pure protein shake (chocolate of course!)