Master Cleanse

Options

Replies

• ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I did it about 4 years ago. Lost 16 pounds in the 10 days and when I tried to come off of it was sick for 2 days. Its up to you how you choose to lose weight but I got really sick.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    Thanks anyway! :)
    I will do it with you. I am an experienced MCleanser. I've done several. Great outcomes, never gained all the weight back. I have done extensive studying on this and can share, but I prefer to do it through emails, because I am not going to be argued with on here by people who are inexperienced and uneducated. I would love to help you, etc.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Master cleanse gets the thumbs down from health professionals - http://www.cnn.co.uk/2010/HEALTH/04/20/crash.diets.harm.health/index.html

Edited for typos
  • boswellheather
    boswellheather Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Both my aunts who are Nurses do this cleanse and my uncle who is a health nut they swear by it! My best friend also has done it and so long as u don't cheat it stops being hard after the first couple days as i am told. Don't expect to keep off much of the weight u loose its mostly water and toxins but i do believe that doing this could be a good way to jump start better eating habits as it will shrink ur stomach and make you want to make better choices. I say good luck and if u need a friend add me. XD
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Magic toxins... It's amazing how many people think they have them.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I jumped started my healthy eating by eating a bunch of trash right before I started. Since I knew it would be a long time before I ate garbage again.
  • ckopeny1
    ckopeny1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that twice - 10 days each time, not modified.

Since you're going to do it anyway, take this one word of advice - do NOT ignore heart irregularities. There have been a few instances of death because of this, which is a sign of electrolyte imbalance. I had heart symptoms and profuse sweating but didn't understand why until after the second cleanse. I feel lucky to be alive.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I jumped started my healthy eating by eating a bunch of trash right before I started. Since I knew it would be a long time before I ate garbage again.

bahahahahahahahahhahahaha ...

hey, I got an idea lets all eat a bunch of crap to kickstart off our diet!
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Since you have already decided to do it...all i can say is...be prepared to be extremely hungry when you are done. Your body is going to be so weak and you will not have the energy to do your daily work/routine etc etc.

You are not going to lose fat.

You will be severely dehydrated after this. Since the weight you think you lost will have been water weight.

You need to be there for your child and this will drain you of all energy...dont say we didnt warn you. I really hope you will be ok after doing this...
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    eat in a deficit and work out ...you will lose weight..

Fad diets only lead to temp weight loss followed by gain back..

^^^^THIS^^^^

Been there, done that! I've done the Master Cleanse diet twice before, and have concluded I will NEVER do it again. Yes, you will lose weight, but unless you adopt the lifestyle that the creator recommends in his Master Cleanse book, you will not only gain the weight back, you will gain much more of it back. And potentially have a harder time getting the additional weight off. Trust me, I've done it!

Although, I believe you've made up your mind and you're going to do it anyway....hope it goes well.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I am just trying to get toxins out of my body, I am not looking for much change or for a permanent change.

I don't plan on doing this for a long period of time. 10 days is not long. No, my doctor has been very helpful through out my life and I think that it's a good idea to listen to his recommendations.

I appreciate everyone's concern but, I don't appreciate how some of you are coming across. I am a very friendly person willing to listen and hear people out but, I am just looking for support and motivation. Sorry if this comes across as rude.

If you want to rid yourself of toxins, google "How to keep my liver and kidneys happy". I bet the research doesn't mention anything called Master Cleanse.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I am planning on starting the 10 day master cleanse on Friday. There are a lot of benefits from doing this diet and I am excited to get started. I am not only doing it for weight loss but, I am doing it more for detox. I have been eating badly for a week now and I feel so sick to my stomach. I believe that this will help me get rid of the toxins in my body and allow me to feel healthier and more energized. The diet consists of drinking as much as water as needed (filtered), at least 60 ounces of lemonade (with 1/10 tsp of cayenne pepper) and a laxative herbal tea to clean out your body.
    I have talked to a few people who have had success on the diet and I know that it sounds like you aren't getting the nutrients that you need but, I will post the link that tells why you are getting the nutrients needed and energy to work out on the side. I will be doing 30 day shred every day (if everything goes as planned) and walking as much as possible but, until I am done with the diet, I am going to put all other exercises on hold.
    I am wondering if anyone wants to be my master cleanse diet buddy? We can support each other and talk to one another through all of our ups and downs the next 10 days. I understand that a lot of people on this site are against any fasts or cleanses but, I am doing this to detox my body and to receive the best benefits possible.
    Has anyone else completed this with any success? Did you work out? How did it go? How much weight did you lose?

I am starting the cleanse at 234 pounds and I am hoping to get to 230.0 pounds by the time the 10 days are up. I am also hoping to lose a total of 5 inches off of my entire body. Those are my short term 10 day goals.

Anyone who is wanting to be my mater cleanse diet with me can join me and message me daily or text me daily to keep each other accountable and talk to one another about our ups and downs (like I said earlier). Just let me know!

OMG. They need to add a 'rolling my eyes' emoticon. :noway: ......this one is close enough.
  • frog131908
    frog131908 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I say do whatever you want as long as it is safe, it is recommended not to go over 3 days. Another option if you just want to cleanse yourself are colonics.
  • ALittleBitLess1
    ALittleBitLess1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi

glad you are not doing a cleanse they really are over rated," no pain no gain" when it comes to exercise if fine if you want to push yourself but not when it comes to your diet.
    Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon or lime in the mornings does make me feel good though (have it with a little honey and ginger or cayenne if you like a kick), but just once a day unless I want heartburn!!

Also please be careful what you are doing with your meds, if you discuss this with your Dr and he/she gives you the ok, make sure they are clear about what you are planning - sudden changes in diet can effect how your medication is absorbed - can go either way and make it too potent or prevent it from being absorbed and used by your body properly.

Good luck with your goals!
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    Options
    eat in a deficit and work out ...you will lose weight..

Fad diets only lead to temp weight loss followed by gain back..

^^^^THIS^^^^

Been there, done that! I've done the Master Cleanse diet twice before, and have concluded I will NEVER do it again. Yes, you will lose weight, but unless you adopt the lifestyle that the creator recommends in his Master Cleanse book, you will not only gain the weight back, you will gain much more of it back. And potentially have a harder time getting the additional weight off. Trust me, I've done it!

Although, I believe you've made up your mind and you're going to do it anyway....hope it goes well.
    THIS is the problem! She called it a "diet". It is NOT a diet, nor is it intended as a diet for weight loss. It is a cleanse. The weight loss is a bonus. You must do it with the mind set you are "cleansing" in order to succeed.

I was once going to do it for a diet to lose weight. I was desperate and yet couldn't stay motivated past four hours on the plan. Then one day I got very sick and the sickness wouldn't go away. I suffered a lot. I took meds. Nothing helped. So I started doing extensive research to cure myself which miraculously let me to the Master Cleanse (again). That "thing" I viewed a "diet". I was so desperate to quit feeling ill that I tried the cleanse in desperation to heal. It worked. I stayed motivated through having a true goal that was very important to me. I did do an ease into it though. It makes the difference. Begin eliminating bad foods prior to the cleanse such as soda, sugar, bread. I then replaced snacks with the mixture. I did this for three days and lost 9 lbs ((gulp)). I cleansed on and lost more weight. I have only gained 4 lbs of it back and it has been nearly a year. I felt so energetic. The way I felt and still feel is what made me a believer. When I read about it (all the reviews, the pros and cons) I was a skeptic, when I was desperate, I tried it as a last resort and then became a believer based on experience. You can't deny your own experiences.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    THIS is the problem! She called it a "diet". It is NOT a diet, nor is it intended as a diet for weight loss. It is a cleanse. The weight loss is a bonus. You must do it with the mind set you are "cleansing" in order to succeed.

So if she had done the same thing (as she did, as you did) but simply called it a cleanse it would have worked?

That's a funny thing to influence your results. Your Master Cleanse understands the English words applied to it?
  • zilliegirl
    zilliegirl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Temporary changes won't get ya permanent results.

I'll stick with my 1950 calories of awesome, regular food all day long, and continue to lose the fat and watch my metabolism soar. Every time I see a post about this Master Cleanse (seriously? want a good cleanse, schedule a colonoscopy! :tongue: ) I think it sounds like a diet of pure torture.

I think what you are referring to is the medical procedure called vacumoscopy. Where they attach an industrial size vacuum cleaner to your a#$ and turn it on high for thirty minutes...

works every time...
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    Options

So if she had done the same thing (as she did, as you did) but simply called it a cleanse it would have worked?

That's a funny thing to influence your results. Your Master Cleanse understands the English words applied to it?
    She didn't "do what I did". She dieted, I cleansed. They are different. When you cleanse, you change to all natural soap, all natural toothpaste, shampoo, etc. You body brush, you use the sauna, you do body wraps.

The cleanse is a mind set. You have to have the mind set of WHY you are doing it in order to succeed. You stop cleansing when your tongue is pink, you don't stop when you lose 10 lbs. You may lose no weight at all and view your, "diet" as a fail. But you may have cleansed thoroughly thus it was a successful cleanse and a failure as a diet.

You don't "get it" because you haven't tried it. A cleanse is mental.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options

What a goofy thought. The cleanse is a mind set. You have to have the mind set of WHY you are doing it in order to succeed. You have to have a goal in mind (an outcome) that you focus on. Doing it for the wrong reasons (the reasons it wasn't designed for, will make it very difficult and affect the intended results and outcome.

You don't "get it" because you haven't tried it. A cleanse is mental.

Wut? :laugh: