My husband is boycotting my cooking...

Options

Replies

• grlaurie
    grlaurie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It sounds like he needs a swift kick in the butt! But seriously he needs to support you and not throw a fit like a teenager. If this is important to you then it should also be important to him and not an opportunity for him to throw a pity party. I mean he can always cook himself if your food is that awful (which I doubt.) Hope that helps!

This!!!!
  • hippy2skippy
    hippy2skippy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My dad was like that with my mom...until she made him cook for himself. Not cooking for him actually meant she had a lot of free time on her hands. He can't cook at all so after about 2 weeks of it there was never another word about her cooking. My mom is old fashion and southern - there are no options and if we didn't like it we didn't eat.

Yep!
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Just because YOU want to eat a certain way doesn't mean he has too. I don't blame him for wanting to eat GOOD food. Perhaps you should cook 2 seperate meals. Don't impose your new found lifestyle on other people, including your spouse.

ARE YOU KIDDING???? COOK SEPARATE MEALS??? No no no!!! Do not baby this man. If mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy in my house. If he wont eat your cooking he can cook his own. I bet a week of doing that will change his mind!!
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Cook small portions for him and you can have something different. Thats what I do for my husband. Or I'll get him a burger from a restaurant and then make my own food. Sometimes I think he feels bad when I do that, so then he will start asking to have some of what i cooked for myself, and it all balances out. Not that big of a deal.
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Ignore his behavior- hes being immature.

This. Cook what you like and if doesn't want it, he can make himself something different.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Just because YOU want to eat a certain way doesn't mean he has too. I don't blame him for wanting to eat GOOD food. Perhaps you should cook 2 seperate meals. Don't impose your new found lifestyle on other people, including your spouse.

Or he could cook his own.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I say, cook for yourself and let him fend for himself. He'll either get tired of it or he won't.
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am getting the same thing. But my husband did a lot of the cooking because he is home 3 hours before me from work. Now he says he does not know what to cook so now he doesn't cook at all. I tried telling him I will make do and ad or delete things as needed.That didn't work..uggggghhh !! I have just started this about a week ago. I hope it gets easier.

These men need a reality check. This is a game some play cuz they can't handle change
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I'm loving the over-reactions

It seems she should leave her immature, non-supporting husband
    or
    He should leave his selfish, self-rightous wife!

It's just a tiny little issue that a husband and wife need to work on, what's the matter with you people! Surely there's room for a compromise.
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am betting the husband is the bread winner. Since he brings home the bacon, atleast cook the man the food he wants. ( and women wonder why men cheat) He's gonna find someone who will cook that steak, burger, etc for him.

Wow. Seriously? Just wow.

I know. I'm speechless at this but so very grateful that unlike the response above, my husband is very enlightened and realizes that we are partners in this marriage and that means being supportive of the others endeavors (including eating more healthy).
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    You aren't his chef. Tell him to cook his own friggen burgers.

^^Exactly!! I am trying to make healthier choices so now i even cook my own dinners and grocery shopping if what is on offer doesn't suit. Complaining about it doesn't seem to sink in so I've stopped complaining and taken responsibility for my own actions.
  • cpereyra831
    cpereyra831 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Your husband is a meathead. Dead from the neck up. It's doubtful that he will change in the near future. Perhaps when he gets much older. Of course, by then you will be so sick of him that it will be too late.
  • Ron6098
    Ron6098 Posts: 31
    Options
    Make him some fried chicken and mashed potatoes. Put a lot of butter in the potatoes....and laxative...hide the toilet paper.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I'm loving the over-reactions

It seems she should leave her immature, non-supporting husband
    or
    He should leave his selfish, self-rightous wife!

It's just a tiny little issue that a husband and wife need to work on, what's the matter with you people! Surely there's room for a compromise.

BINGOO
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Didn't expect to come back to this thread and see som many replies...lol.

Here's what's on the menu for this week:

Chicken Cordon Bleu Sanwiches- Chicken breast, ham, arugula and smoked mozzarella with butter and dijon mustard on a baguette.

Szechuan Orange Beef and Broccolini over Rice

Almond Crusted Flounder with Garlic Caper Butter Sauce with Roasted Asparagus (and rice for him on the side...none for me)

Chicken Francaise with Broccoli and side of rice

Bacon wrapped Filet Mignon with sauteed spinach and roasted French Fingerling Potatoes

Teriyaki Shrimp Stir Fry with Zucchini, Red Pepper, Snow Peas and Mushrooms...over rice (again)

My husband will only eat rice or potatoes as far as carbs go. He won't eat cous cous, quinoa, bulgar, barley or any other grain...so I don't make them. I've made all of these things before and he's asked me to make them in the past.

This all goes back to this weekend when I was really busy preparing the garden for spring planting, busting my *kitten* ripping up sod and turning over the soil....that I didn't have time to make him potato pancakes.

I have no problem making them...or eating one or two...but I didn't have time. So he blamed it on my "diet." I'm not really on a diet. Just eating a little healthier and eating a little less.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    This doesn't necessarily have to be a situation of his diet or your diet. Burgers have a place in a healthy diet, and if they make your partner happy, why not cook them? They're easy. If you didn't want beef, you could get chicken or turkey patties for yourself.

Hmm, I just saw your most recent post. It looks like you guys are struggling through some things that might not be all about your diet. Best wishes to both of you.
  • Mitsozuka
    Options
    Boy if I ever had a S/O who pulled that crap on me while I was trying to get fit, they wouldn't be my S/O For very damn long!

I'd say if he doesn't like it, he can hit the bricks, he wants to throw a tantrum, fine, fight fire with fire. He *****es about the cooking, No sex for him that night! Or that week maybe.

He wants to drown himself in empty calories, let him do it somewhere away from you.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    i would tell him well tough luck you're on your own for dinner!
  • blondemom1979
    blondemom1979 Posts: 64 Member
    Options

You can't be serious! Just because HE wants to eat a certain way doesn't mean she has too! Isn't that him imposing his lifestyle on her? I don't blame her for wanting to eat GOOD/Healthy!
    I agree with a previous poster about trying to compromise, for instance bread his chicken but not yours, pick up two kinds of burgers, two dressings, make yourself whole grain pasta and him white. Come up with some ways to make one meal slightly different to suit both of your tastes..... Make some small changes to make both of you happy. That is what marriage is about. Not bowing under and not having what you want just because he isn't willing to compromise.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I'm not a terrible cook at all. In fact I get compliments about my cooking from everyone but him. The only way I can tell he likes something I've made is if a week or two later he asks me to make it. He's always really critical of anything I make....he just says it makes me a better cook in the long run.

So ever since I've been trying to lose weight I'm not as heavy handed with oils and butter, but I still use them frequently. I don't make really low calorie dishes. I typically have about 500-600 calories left for my dinner, and he gets a much bigger serving than I do (around 800-1000 calories).

Ever since I've been working out more and making healthy lunches and semi-healthy dinners he's starting to give me an attitude. He says I might need to lose weight but he doesn't so don't put him on a diet too.

I'm not. I know I'm giving him enough food, because i know what I'm feeding myself...and he gets almost twice as much food.

So he's been requesting i make a bunch of deep fried food and burgers and stuff. Since I didn't he's just deciding that he won't eat anything I cook...even if it's stuff he likes.

This is so frustrating. I already went food shopping for the week and planned out all this weeks meals. So am I just supposed to cook all that food just for myself?

Maybe make a cheat meal once a week and do the healthy stuff the other days? That way you both win.
This discussion has been closed.