My husband is boycotting my cooking...

Options

Replies

• blondemom1979
    blondemom1979 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am betting the husband is the bread winner. Since he brings home the bacon, atleast cook the man the food he wants. ( and women wonder why men cheat) He's gonna find someone who will cook that steak, burger, etc for him.

OOHHH men cheat for food....all this time I thought they wanted sex.....boy was I off....does that mean if my Husband goes to McDonalds for lunch that's an affair? Man is he in trouble when I get home! BTW I do almost all of the cooking, and I am the "bread winner" Baked him lemon pie today and I hate the stuff! Now I might throw it in his face since he had that affair with McDonalds!
  • jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    He needs to just get over it! What you are making sounds just fine. It's not just chicken and broccoli every day. If he doesn't like what you make, you can make your meals and he can make his own. My mom used to make separate food bc my brother was so picky and I think that's just ridiculous! Don't do it!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Listen, you're there to serve him, so quit being selfish and cook what he wants, no matter how unhealthy or unappetizing it is. And wear a nice dress and heels while you're at it; he should have something pretty to look at while he waits for his dinner.

She should be cooking naked with stilettos on.

That's just dangerous. She'd get a grease burn and have to go to the hospital. Then no one would get dinner.

Had water coming out my nose when I read that. Thanks for the laugh!!!
  • EvetteM41
    EvetteM41 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the other replies so forgive it I repeating... My guess is he is jealous. That maybe you'll lose weight and other men will want you. I have a friend who's boyfriend is like that. She talks about joining the gym so she feels better about herself. He goes into instant baby whining mode. Oh what? You want to look good for other guys? Umm no I want to be healthy! So she continues to cook everything drenched in oil and butter to make him and his 60% blockage in his heart happy. Me personally? I will cook stuff my husband likes a lot of the time. But then make a healthier version for me. I tell him ahead of time what I am making. If he really doesn't like it. Oh well. Eat PB& J with the kids. :) But he doesn't act like your husband. He just finds something else and goes about his business. LOL Good Luck! Hope he comes around and changes his mind.
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Wow the ammont of people saying he should cook for himself is incredible!

I assume the household chores, wage-earning roles are 50/50 split. Maybe he does all the decorating - does he say "I'm painting the bedroom black and gold, if she doesn't like it then she can paint it herself"? Of course not, there would be compromise

Is he the only one that works? Then she has chosen to be the one that cooks. Does he have to work all day then come home and eat what he doesn't like? What a crappy life

My wife does most of the cooking, she WANTS to make things I like. When I cook, I WANT to make things she wants. What's wrong with that?

Guess you missed the post where she said she works 10 hour days and is the bread winner of the household--not that it really matters. He's behaving childishly to refuse to eat food simply because he does not want certain things she's cooking (she said she's still making meals he has liked in the past). Children behave this way...grown adults discuss their preferences and make reasonable requests without throwing fits and going on food strikes.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    So am I just supposed to cook all that food just for myself?

Yes, and he will either eat with you or make his own food. That is up to him, not you- being a wife does not make you a short order cook... You are still making things he enjoys, if he wants something else here and there, fine. But refusing to eat what you cook even when HE LIKES IT? I dont even let me 4 year old do that...

This!
  • EvetteM41
    EvetteM41 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Your food for the week sounds really good!!
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I am betting the husband is the bread winner. Since he brings home the bacon, atleast cook the man the food he wants. ( and women wonder why men cheat) He's gonna find someone who will cook that steak, burger, etc for him.

OOHHH men cheat for food....all this time I thought they wanted sex.....boy was I off....does that mean if my Husband goes to McDonalds for lunch that's an affair? Man is he in trouble when I get home! BTW I do almost all of the cooking, and I am the "bread winner" Baked him lemon pie today and I hate the stuff! Now I might throw it in his face since he had that affair with McDonalds!

No he's not gonna cheat because you baked him a lemon pie. You weren't being selfish like the others in this thread.
  • cchang3
    cchang3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    2 separate meals! I don't know about you, but the average woman works full-time, has a family and takes care of the household chores. Who has time to cook 2 meals?
  • Braz76
    Braz76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think if she's doing all the work, he could be more appreciatitive of her efforts. If he wants something different, why can't he make it himself or eat it whilst he's at work and support his partner.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Also, what I do is i make a menu for about a couple weeks out, and I ask my husband if there is anything he would like to have for dinner while I'm making my menu. This way we're both getting things that we like. When there is a night he wants, lets say, chicken fried steak, I make it and I eat it too, but I just have way less than he does. I like to cut mine and the kids into steak fingers and let him have a big one.
  • sandyrrt
    sandyrrt Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I assume he's not crippled, so let his selfish, childish *kitten* cook his own artery clogging crap. Some guys are threatened when their wives claim back their power. Don't let the boy make you feel less than. You are not his mommy. Require him to be grown up. Life never gets better by rewarding negative behavior.

LOL! I like you:)
  • tjsoccermom
    Options
    In my house, I cook it and you can eat it or not. If you choose not to, then you prepare your own. I also work, run kids around, do the grocery shopping, work out 1 - 2 hours a day and share in the housework, so I don't have time to be a short order cook. I admit, I do easily feel insulted when they don't like my meal, but I'm learning to get over it. And if my family chooses not to eat it, then I have lunch for work. Or, it was bad and goes down the drain or into my dog, depending on what it was. It helps to have a husband that's on board, but if he chooses not to be, then I'd be telling him he's on his own. Maybe you need to make it clear how important this is to you and you can't eat the foods he wants to eat. Just be sure that there are options for him in the house that he can prepare.
  • cebiginalaska
    cebiginalaska Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    tell your hubby he needs to go back and live with his mommy if he wants to be treated like a child.
    if he wants it he can cook it, you're the spouse, not the maid/chef
    find a man who is supportive of your choices and kick his immature *kitten* to the street

^^^ This Big time.
  • made2wonder
    made2wonder Posts: 69 Member
    Options

You know, this is the double standard I've seen time and again. If a man has to lose weight to improve his health, the woman usually has to cook all his meals for him, and she usually goes along with the new program and benefits from it herself. But if it's the other way around, watch out. The woman ends up having to cook her diet food AND another meal for the husband and kids that turn their noses up at hers.

A woman makes it easy for a spouse that wants to lose weight. A man? Well, it depends on the man.
  • tjsoccermom
    Options
    Quit being a troll. And everyone else, quit feeding this troll!!!!
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Quit being a troll. And everyone else, quit feeding this troll!!!!

Only if she feeds her man a burger.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Whoa. You're cooking all that tasty gourmet food that would cost a fortune in a fancy restaurant, and that bozo is asking you to make the equivalent of $6 at McDonald's instead?
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Ok so you work 13 hours a day. If he works less and has more spare time than you then he should do the cooking. But would you be happy if the roles were reversed and he cooked what HE wanted for you? Then said "If you don't like it then cook your own"? Both doing the cooking seems impractical - surely there's compromise?

He does have way more spare time than I do. I do the cooking because I know how to. He can cook a little, but it stresses him out.

I'll just make him a burger this weekend. Maybe I'll have one too. He just needs to get over himself. He's being a baby.
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Wow....
This discussion has been closed.