Twilight Saga ECLIPSE Challenge

Options

Replies

• AWWTOBESKINNY
    Options
    I read the Host it is slow to start and it was hard to keep with it but over all its a great book when you get past the first few chapters. They are also making that one into a movie or so I heard they were. I got my Eclipse tickets cant wait. I'm going to order my shirt online so I can wear it to the movie. :happy:
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options

Ooh I wanted to share, I have a new PR for holding a plank, held it for 3 mins and 15 seconds today, whoohoo!! :drinker: My goal is a 5 minute plank by Eclipse!! :happy:

Wow a 5 minute plank good luck! That's going to be a tough one but I know you will be able to do it. Planks are hard I can only do them for a short period of time.

I started reading the Twilight series again this week. This is my third go around. Everytime I read them I start to remember how much better they are then the movies. The whole time I'm thinking they left this out of the movie and they left this out of the movie.:laugh:

If any of you out there have not read the books yet I completely recommend you doing so before Eclipse comes out. It makes the whole Twilight Saga much more enjoyable.
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 18
    Options
    Acureese - WOW!! You have got to be tuff then to hold a plan that long! How do you keep your wrists from hurting?

Usmcwifeb15 - I totally agree - I had to read New Moon a second go round before watching the movie and I want to re-read Eclipse before seeing this one too. It's so much to condense into a two hour-ish movie I think they leave a great deal of the important stuff out. But still love the movies...

Haven't seen the Host in any of my local libraries so will have to wait on that one.

And thank you both for the welcome :)
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    Wow, I've been missing for a bit. It wasn't on purpose either.

Welcome to anyone who is new and congrats on all the accomplishments! I would like to join you, acureese, on achieving a 5 minute plank by Eclipse. Maybe that'll help me wih these push ups I can't seem to do:laugh: Anyone else who can't do push ups the save their life? Please tell me I'm not alone!

I haven't had too much of a loss lately. I got lost in trying to master the gluten free, vegan eating and fell off the wagon. I got tired of cooking, ran out of money, and just plain stopped eating. My nutrition levels dipped and that woke me up with a quickness. My last blood tests showed that I was borderlining malnutrition. Deficient in protien, B12, folate, and a bunch of other stuff. And of course, I was dizzy all the time and so weak. And I gained weight back. I went into real starvation mode.... That was stupid of me, I know better.

Anyway, I'm back with a vengence! I'm eating my calories and have energy to exercise. I'm back on the Power 90 train!

I have lost 13.5 inches overall since the beginning of March, so that makes me happier than the stupid scale!

If I don't get back on here, have a great Memorial weekend! I'm going up the Northern Michigan for beer and bonfires! (I have a plan to make sure I don't come home wiped out and fat, lol. Lots of hiking, running, and water! before the mid-day beerfest begins)
  • acureese
    acureese Posts: 169
    Options
    thanks ladies for the support!! :smile: Usmc I totally agree, haha I love reading the book after seeing the movie, that way I can read the "deleted scenes"! :happy:
    JesseD I do them on my elbows, that way when I'm building up I can put a weighted plate on my back, too! :tongue: I love ending workouts with planks, it gets the last bit of what I've got left out of me! The best way to build on them is start with 20-30 second planks, 2-3 with 30-60 seconds rest in between, and slowly increase by 10-15 seconds each time. My friend could only do a 60 second plank 3 weeks ago, and she reached 2 minutes this week!! :drinker:
    WannabeaCullen, glad to have you on board with the goal!! :flowerforyou: I could only do like, 2 pushups when I first started, at one point I got up to 4 sets of 25, but as soon as I stopped doing them as much I lost it...if I don't keep practicing I lose my upper body strength pretty fast! :tongue: I'm back up to 3-4 sets of 15, but it's a struggle! My goal is to be able to do 3-5 pullups by the end of summer too...I can't do those to save my life!!! :noway:

Congrats on your accomplishments wannabeacullen, that's so great! Have a great time in N. Michigan! (btw, i agree that dietary lifestyle is hard, so I changed it a bit to fit me better. I'm pescetarian (vegetarian + fish), eat gluten free 75% of the time (I can handle a little bit here and there), have some eggs and dairy, and only eat processed foods for my cheat meals on the weekends. The moderation of it worked better for me:drinker: )

I'm going away for the weekend too, see everyone on tuesday!! Have a great memorial day weekend everyone!!:flowerforyou:
  • acureese
    Options
    Hi!! Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!! :smile: I didn't get to go to a gym the last 6 days, but we made sure we walked a lot, and were able to go canoeing one day and on a long hike the other, so that was a nice way to bring it outdoors! :happy:

I wanted to share that when we got back last night we had to go to a dinner meeting, and I went to throw on a black dress I have...and it was too big! I was able to find a newer one that fit, but when I got home after I started trying on dresses...and about 8 of them were too big! :noway: So I was like wait a minute...and went and found my goal dress...and it zipped up and fit for the first time in three years!! :drinker: Yay!!! Soo I still have the goal weight for Eclipse, but have a new goal dress I bought years ago (and never wore, it's been waiting for me!), and I think with some toning it's an achievable goal for the movie weekend! Hehe hmm, maybe my husband will want to go on a date post-movie with me...:wink:
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Yay acureese! Thats awesome congrats!

I had a great weekend. No food comas for me! Ha. I was getting so bored with everyone sleeping off their eats, lol. I was energised and ready to go all weekend! It was a great feeling!

Hope everyone else had a nice weekend! I'm not weighing till next week.

Later!
  • usmcwifeb15
    Options
    This whole no loss thing is really starting to drive me crazy. I worked out 7 days last week stayed within my calories everyday and burned 9907 calories that should have been a very nice 2-3lb loss but no nothing.:grumble: So the only thing I can figure is that I am burning to much and not eating enough and my body has decided to put it's foot down. FYI I don't eat my exercise calories, I never have. So I upped the calories I am eating this week from 1200 to 1400 to see if that will make a difference but I am still burning the same when I work out. Wish me luck!

Acureese that is so great that your goal dress fits. You are doing a great job!

I had a nice Memorial Day out at the lake and it was so nice having the hubby around for 3 straight days. Sounds like everyone else enjoyed themselves as well.

We are down to 28 days till the Eclipse premiere!!!!! :bigsmile:

SW-163.8
    02-01-10 - 152
    02-07-10 - 148
    02-14-10 - 147.2
    02- 21-10 - 147
    02-28-10 - 145.4
    03-07-10 - 144.4
    03-14-10 - 143.6
    03-21-10 - Mini Goal 140 YAY!!!! MADE MY GOAL 140.6
    03-28-10 - 140.6
    04-04-10 - 140.6
    04-11-10 - 140.6
    04-18-10 - 138.6 - HELLO 130'S
    04-25-10 - 138
    05-02-10 - 136.8
    05-09-10 Mother's Day - Mini Goal - 132 Didn't quite make my goal still 136.8
    05-16-10 - 136.8 No loss for me!
    05-23-10 - 136
    05-30-10 - 136 - No loss!!!! :grumble:
    06-06-10
    06-13-10 Moving back to the East Coast - Mini Goal - 127
    06-20-10
    06-27-10
    06-30-10 Eclipse Goal - 125
    Over all goal - between 120-125
  • JesseD
    Options
    Acureese - that is wonderful!! I know you are stoked! I can't wait till I can get back in my favorit dress again too...

Usmcwifeb15 - I know you have got to be frustrated - but hopefully at least you are probably losing fat and gaining muscle with all the work you are doing. Hopefully switching things up a bit will give you a jump start.

I had a bomb of a weekend (neck issues kept me down for two days) and did not control my eating like I should have. But I'm working extra hard this week to reach my goal with a new push of determination!

Started reading Eclipse again...I LOVE that book!
  • acureese
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I'm happy to hear you had a great weekend to wannabeacullen and usmc! Haha wannabeacullen I totally know what you mean, so much more time on my hands without the food comas to deal with!! :tongue:

JesseD I hope your neck is feeling better! Don't worry about having a couple days off from the program, the important thing is that you've jumped right back into it with a great attitude and mindset!! :flowerforyou:

Usmc, don't get down, you've been doing awesome so far. I think it's a good idea to tweak your calories up a bit, you put out some crazy awesome numbers of cals burned daily, but it's a good idea to make sure you don't go too low on the cals, too, otherwise our bodies like to hold onto anything it can...that's what happened to me for three weeks! :grumble: Funny enough, I've eaten every 2-4 hours the past couple weeks, my appetite's gone up, I've eaten more...and I've lost weight! :noway: Hehe weight's a funny thing! The key things are my blood sugar and metabolism are more steady, and I've cut out most processed foods and sugar, giving myself a couple cheat meals on the weekends. Sorry I'm rambling! But yeah i think the calorie tweak should make a difference! :happy:
  • JesseD
    Options

I had a great weekend. No food comas for me! Ha. I was getting so bored with everyone sleeping off their eats, lol. I was energised and ready to go all weekend! It was a great feeling!

WannabeaCullen...omgosh, I must have had a short circuit yesterday because when I read your post, I totally did not get the food coma thing... I kept reading it like "comma". Well duh huh for me.
    Sounds like you are doing really well too and are really determined!

Thanks everyone for such great inspiration! Really helped to jump start my walking program more (more inclines this week - my butt cheeks are so sore - it's awesome!).

Okay on a side note...has this ever happened to anyone? Last night after logging out of mfp, I read the hour before heading to bed. I woke up this morning from a dream - about Bella worried about logging in her fiber and protein counts for the day?! What the heck? I guess the combo was going to colide at some point...
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options

Okay on a side note...has this ever happened to anyone? Last night after logging out of mfp, I read the hour before heading to bed. I woke up this morning from a dream - about Bella worried about logging in her fiber and protein counts for the day?! What the heck? I guess the combo was going to colide at some point...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    How much fiber do you think is in blood? Eeeeww, lol.

I've had some strange dreams after falling asleep reading in bed. Especially the first time through the series, because I litterally could not stop reading till I passed out. I wish I could recall some of them at the moment.
  • acureese
    Options
    Hahahaha JesseD that's AWESOME!!! :laugh:
    Great job upping the incline btw, whoohoo!! :drinker:
  • KCSPEARS
    KCSPEARS Posts: 123
    Options
    has anyone read the second short life of bree tanner yet? Im reading it now!
    congrats on everyones weight loss!
  • acureese
    Options
    Ooh I haven't read it at all, how is it? :smile: I'd love to hear what people think about it!
  • KCSPEARS
    Options
    WELL FOR ME, IT WAS NICE TO SEE HER SIDE OF THINGS, I DONT REGRET BUYING IT, HOWEVER IT WAS HARD TO STAY READING IT, IM JUST USE TO HAVING EDWARD & BELLA IN THE BOOK I GUESS, LOL
    I WANT BE READING THE 2ND SHORT LIFE OF BREE TANNER OVER & OVER AGAIN LIKE THE OTHERS.. :)
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I thought it was going to be available for free in the net?
  • KCSPEARS
    Options
    i think that was for june 7th only. im not sure.
  • usmcwifeb15
    Options
    Ok guys I am just going to have to be kind to myself and say maintained for the last 2 weeks. We have been moving all our stuff into storage, then we lived in a hotel for about 4 days and now we have been driving for 3 days across country. I have been eating horrible:noway: and have not been able to make it to the gym. I guess I am thankful for the moment that the scale is packed.:laugh: Hopefully I am going to be able to get myself back on routine here soon. I already called the gym in Georgia to set up my membership so I am determined to get the rest of this weight off it's just unfortunatley getting a little prolonged:grumble: . I hope everyone else is doing good!

SW-163.8
    02-01-10 - 152
    02-07-10 - 148
    02-14-10 - 147.2
    02- 21-10 - 147
    02-28-10 - 145.4
    03-07-10 - 144.4
    03-14-10 - 143.6
    03-21-10 - Mini Goal 140 YAY!!!! MADE MY GOAL 140.6
    03-28-10 - 140.6
    04-04-10 - 140.6
    04-11-10 - 140.6
    04-18-10 - 138.6 - HELLO 130'S
    04-25-10 - 138
    05-02-10 - 136.8
    05-09-10 Mother's Day - Mini Goal - 132 Didn't quite make my goal still 136.8
    05-16-10 - 136.8 No loss for me!
    05-23-10 - 136
    05-30-10 - 136 - No loss!!!!
    06-06-10 - 136 - No loss!
    06-13-10 Moving back to the East Coast - Mini Goal - 127 Moving did not help with the weight loss! 136 no loss!:grumble:
    06-20-10
    06-27-10
    06-30-10 Eclipse Goal - 125
    Over all goal - between 120-125
  • JesseD
    Options
    usmcwifeb15 - sounds like you have a ton going on....if it were me I surely would have caved and let it all go to the wayside with all that happening. So, yes you should be kind to yourself and personally I think you've done great! And you still sound focused.
    Hope the move went well!

I've actually gained weight....but I'm ok with it, because at my last "peak health" review on the 14th, the nurse said I'd lost 2% body fat! So I was really tickled with it and I do feel a difference in my clothes. So gaining weight not really what I wanted but gaining muscle sounds pretty good.

One week left to go!