worst way to breakup with someone

Options

Replies

• elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I saw a movie back in the 80's where Farrah Fawcett poured gas all over her unconscious husband and lit him on fire...that seems pretty harsh...
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    On Valentines day.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    I saw a movie back in the 80's where Farrah Fawcett poured gas all over her unconscious husband and lit him on fire...that seems pretty harsh...

the burning bed
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I changed the locks on my apartment door and just ignored him. He was an *kitten*, though. ;)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • IM_Lara_Croft
    Options
    With lies and betrayal
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    through a text message. :mad:
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I have 2 really good ones..
    The first was when I was 19 and had just been diagnosed with cervical cancer and my boyfriend at the time said he couldn't handle the stress and broke up with me.

The second one was when I living with a guy and came home and he told me he slept with my cousin and couldn't handle the guilt so needed to break up with me.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I was working for a really great firm, on top of the world and met this guy when I was on vacation in Connecticut. We stayed in touch for about a year and he finally decided to move-in with me...so he loaded all his stuff in his truck and drove across country. After a few months I got him a job at my firm and that's where he started making the few friends that he had. We'd all hang out occassionally, but I was always the more mature one and would stay home, to do work/homework, instead of going out to drink and sing karaoke (their favorite pasttime).

Fast forward 2 years later..I bought him a car...he still hangs out with all his friends A LOT. I started getting weird intuition about the one girl that was a part of his group of friends. She looked like a short, fat Harry Potter with long hair. She slept with all of our guy friends, but always seemed to act a strange, suspicious way with him. I'm very non-confrontational, but my intuition was screaming at that point and so I even called her out on it. "Oh no I think of him like a brother!"....

A week before Thanksgiving the recession finally found us here in Reno and I, along with 75% of the staff at my firm, were laid off. I was obviously devestated. A few nights after that we were stoned (sorry if that offends people, I don't smoke anymore -- it was just when I was dating him) out of our minds laying in bed. Out of the blue I asked "Are you happy?" He replied "Oh yeah...today was great, me and ...." "no no no, are you happy...with US?"

Awkward pause..

"No."

I cried myself to sleep that night...he moved out the next morning...that was that. My intuition was right...he was cheating on me with Harry Potter and ended up spending Thanksgiving with her. I believe they stayed together for about 2-3 years before they split and he moved back in with mommy in Minnesota.

I don't regret anything. I wish, back then, I would have got some swings in on her for my own satisfaction. Worse break-up...but in a sense they're all great since we're not with them anymore. I, honestly, have been the person to wrongly ditch/break up with someone...so Karma got me back. *shrugs*
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    When I was younger my ex boyfriend told me the last girlfriend he had moved out when he was not home, changed her number, and he has not heard from her since. His friends use to see her around town. I think that is pretty bad and he said "She could have at least sent me a text or something'. LOL

Yeah, I think this one takes the cake

I have a friend whose fiance broke off their engagement this way. This must be a shock to the core... I cannot even try and imagine what that feels like.
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    When I was younger my ex boyfriend told me the last girlfriend he had moved out when he was not home, changed her number, and he has not heard from her since. His friends use to see her around town. I think that is pretty bad and he said "She could have at least sent me a text or something'. LOL

I had a guy do that to me once. He was such a loser...stupid me. I should have been the one to kick him out!!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I was dumped after a 4-5 month relationship thru text..... then again after only 5 dates.
    I think it is utterly pathetic. Atleast a freaking phone call depending on the time you have dated.
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My ex showed up at my job in the middle of the day to ask if I knew where is passport was because he had a 4pm flight.
  • SoOoSoOo89
    SoOoSoOo89 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :yawn: :smile: :noway:
  • ChubbyNaty
    Options
    Ignoring the person or by text. That''s really disrespectful.

I had a guy pressuring and calling me to set a date to hang out after I said I didn't have the time and finally when I did he stood me up and never answer my calls or text lol. He need to grow the hell up.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    get caught in coitus with their sibling or parent. or both.
  • Just2Bhappy
    Just2Bhappy Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    No, the worst way you can break up with someone is thru text, most impersonal, cowardly thing that a person can do. At least with a friend they had someone ALIVE telling you, you can't flip off your phone lol

Yes, my exwife did that to me, and no I will never agree this is an acceptable method.

THIS! Text is the worst.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I "broke up" with a guy through a 7 page text. He as soon as he got up off the couch at the hookah lounge, and headed next door to the arcade, I hit "send."

I say "broke up" because we weren't really dating... He had a fast car I liked to ride and I guess that meant we were a couple to him. .__.
  • Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    when I was about 20, I had a second job, I was dating my manager. We decided to take it slow since we worked together, after 6 months we slept together. It was the worst sex ever,people say size deosn't matter are liers! He was small and didn't have any moves, so I quit my job, little did I know he knew one of my uncles, he saw a picutre of me at my uncles house and asked who I was, and then told my uncle Dam your niece dumped me like a sack of potatos, with no warning

But really how do you break up with someone for that reason, Ummmmmm, no can't see you, you suck at the deed