What can you do now that you couldn't 30 days ago

Options

Replies

• roxy08fox
    roxy08fox Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I can run 4 miles in 40 mins WITHOUT stopping! I used to have to run 7 mins on, 3 min walking. Next month, I want to say I ran 5 miles in 50 mins! :bigsmile:
  • Maewhet0126
    Maewhet0126 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't really a physical thing.. after a month of dieting and Zumba and lots of cardio I van now honestly say I have determination which I could not say that a month ago.
    Congrats to everyone whos lives our changing (: feel free to add me
  • LivMinusTen
    LivMinusTen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I fit my pre-pregnancy clothes again! I only had one skirt and a pair of pants but I was so happy with it. And I honestly can say I start to like myself when I look at myself in the mirror.
  • MissJJ74
    MissJJ74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I can do squats now. I was not able to do them without wanting to fall over before.
  • tazminacat
    Options
    I can go to sleep really early.... and not cry and whine when I have to get out of bed the next morning to go work out. I complain, but that's because my cat is still in bed all warm and comfy looking at me like I'm a sap for getting up. Hmm... this makes me want to go take a nap. Can't, gotta take the doggie to the park.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Time to bump the thread. Today, for the first time EVER I did some burpees. They weren't pretty, but I did them. About 4 of them total. I was too afraid to even try before. Take that fat!!! So, what about you...what can you do now that you couldn't 30 days ago?? Let's hear it:wink:
  • committowalk
    committowalk Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Run 1.6 miles with no walking. Halfway to my goal of being able to run a 5K. Since the 5K I'm doing isn't until May, I'll have plenty of time to get the other half and improve my speed.

THIS!! Too funny -This is exactly what I was going to post. :) Today I ran 22 minutes without stopping - that was 1.6 miles. I'm slow, but 30 days ago I could only run for 5 minutes at a time. I'm making great progress and my 5k is the end of May, so I have lots of time to improve, too. :)
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Jog/Walk 7.9 miles in 1 hour and 37 minutes. I was also sore for next 3 days but it was worth it.
  • phoenixrizez
    phoenixrizez Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I can do the "crab walk" at the gym halfway across the basketball floor. I can also do the girl version of push ups (okay I can do 2 push ups) but still!!!! I haven't been able to do either of those things EVER in my life! I'm PUMPED.
  • pestilencerose
    pestilencerose Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    last longer doing exercises. i have more stamina
  • HPLW0705
    HPLW0705 Posts: 102
    Options
    For the first time in a long time, I was able to run 4 miles and not really realize that I was running...I know it sounds weird, but I love it!
  • tjsoccermom
    Options
    Love all the running!! Still can't do a real push up myself, but you'll get there!!
  • tjsoccermom
    Options
    Woot Woot! Jogged for one mile without stopping! What can you do now that you couldn't 30 days ago?
  • adopt321
    adopt321 Posts: 111
    Options
    I can squat 205 lbs and I only weigh 130 lbs. Sweet!!!!
  • tjsoccermom
    Options
    OK...I've got something new. I can jog for 20 minutes straight now. I'm getting close to 2 miles. I'm so excited!! So, what you can you do now that you couldn't do 30 days ago?
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    A tricep dip between to benches and a 45lbs plate on my lap
  • bluehonda2012
    bluehonda2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Jog for two miles around my neighborhood. I was only doing a mile 30 days ago.
  • maniesduchocolat
    maniesduchocolat Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Jog 2 km at a rate
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I can swim! Freestyle, breast stroke, and back stroke! (Previously I could only float on my back)

I can do 5 pullups (vs 2 1/2).
  • CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do any pushups now I can do 15 (girly style though lol) I also couldn't hold a plank for as long as I can now (2 min WOW!) and I broke my record for squats just last week with 250 squats (spread them out over the whole day hee hee)