What's your "Don't get me started" subject?

Options

Replies

• brandon0523
    brandon0523 Posts: 516
    Options
    Stupid people on face book who cry they cant find a good man or woman but then post how trashed they are two hours later

Younger generation.

The horrible misconceptions on steroids and other performance enhancing drugs.

And chicks that dont put out
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding in another "don't get me started" topic!

I forgot about this one... Particularly when a breastfeeding mother is feeding her infant in a store like Hollister's or A&F and get kicked out for "indecent exposure"... Yet the posters are more sexual and demeaning than breastfeeding will ever be... Then you get the puritans who think their children will be scarred for life if they see a woman using her boobs for what God intented... Feeding her offspring.

Amen to that! I always think if you don't like it then I will gladly put a blanket over YOUR head. LOL!
  • brandon0523
    brandon0523 Posts: 516
    Options
    Breastfeeding in another "don't get me started" topic!

I forgot about this one... Particularly when a breastfeeding mother is feeding her infant in a store like Hollister's or A&F and get kicked out for "indecent exposure"... Yet the posters are more sexual and demeaning than breastfeeding will ever be... Then you get the puritans who think their children will be scarred for life if they see a woman using her boobs for what God intented... Feeding her offspring.

Amen to that! I always think if you don't like it then I will gladly put a blanket over YOUR head. LOL!
    the more boobs i get to see the better is they way i look at it.. i always try to give the baby a high five.. the mom always gets mad though
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Walmart lines....WHY are there so MANY????!!!!! with nobody working them..... tumblr_m8fu3etzdf1r6v7x1.gif
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    people who complain about healthcare....it's not a right. there are only three guarantees in life, taxes, death and you will have to interact with someone who doesnt share the same values as you

people who complain about politics but follow their parties lines to the T, as if your party knows exactly what is right for this country as a whole

bad drivers - this equates to jerks whom if i let out from a side street or parking lot and cant take the time to get off their cell phone to acknowledge someone did something nice for them

smokers

people who think the rich should have to pay more in taxes because they are rich. heres a the answer. you make $10,000 and are taxed at 25%, that means you paid $2500 in taxes. someone who makes $100,000 a year and is taxed at 30% means they paid $33,333.33 in taxes. $33,333.33 > $10,000. THEY ALREADY DO PAY MORE
  • JerseyGirlinTN
    JerseyGirlinTN Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Politics & Religion

Simple.....never discuss either with friends/family or someone is getting cut out of the will.

This. Exactly.
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Diets. 'Yeah so I eat a blueberry every 15 mins and then I do 3 hours of cardio.......' Don't get me started.

Tattoos: 'Girls shouldn't have tattoos, they're not feminine.' and 'What are they going to look like when you're older?!' Don't get me started.

Body bashing: 'When did THIS become hotter than THIS....' Don't get me started.

Weight lifting: 'Women shouldn't lift heavy..... they get bulky.' Don't get me started.
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Michael Vick because I hate him so much
    People who don't spay or neuter their pets
    Anyone who abuses or neglects animals
    Anyone who abuses or neglects children

All this. I get riled up over this.
  • aaronlawrenc
    Options
    Right now...

"Photography is not an art, you pick up a camera and point and shoot"... don't even get me started

OR

Queensland VS New South Wales State of Origin... all you aussies will understand !!

Australians...lol jk. Agree with the photography
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou:
  • aaronlawrenc
    Options
    When i go to the gas station and the clerk is talking on the phone in some language that im not sure what it is, and instead of greeting me, he continuously yammers on to what i assume is another gas station clerk at a different store annoying someone else...
  • nakaiki
    nakaiki Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    The "organic" and the "go green" fanatics....this explains that well....

"Being Green...

Checking out at the store, the young cashier suggested to the older woman, that she should bring her own grocery bags because plastic bags weren't good for the environment.

The woman apologized and explained, "We didn't have this green thing back in my earlier days."

The young clerk responded, "That's our problem today. Your generation did not care enough to save our environment f
    or future generations."

She was right -- our generation didn't have the green thing in its day.

Back then, we returned milk bottles, soda bottles and beer bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilized and refilled, so it could use the same bottles over and over. So they really were truly recycled.

But we didn't have the green thing back in our day.

Grocery stores bagged our groceries in brown paper bags, that we reused for numerous things, most memorable besides household garbage bags, was the use of brown paper bags as book covers for our schoolbooks. This was to ensure that public property, (the books provided for our use by the school) was not defaced by our scribblings. Then we were able to personalize our books on the brown paper bags.

But too bad we didn't do the green thing back then.

We walked up stairs, because we didn't have an escalator in every store and office building. We walked to the grocery store and didn't climb into a 300-horsepower machine every time we had to go two blocks.

But she was right. We didn't have the green thing in our day.

Back then, we washed the baby's diapers because we didn't have the throwaway kind. We dried clothes on a line, not in an energy-gobbling machine burning up 220 volts -- wind and solar power really did dry our clothes back in our early days. Kids got hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new clothing.

But that young lady is right; we didn't have the green thing back in our day.

Back then, we had one TV, or radio, in the house -- not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen the size of a handkerchief (remember them?), not a screen the size of the state of Montana. In the kitchen, we blended and stirred by hand because we didn't have electric machines to do everything for us. When we packaged a fragile item to send in the mail, we used wadded up old newspapers to cushion it, not Styrofoam or plastic bubble wrap. Back then, we didn't fire up an engine and burn gasoline just to cut the lawn. We used a push mower that ran on human power. We exercised by working so we didn't need to go to a health club to run on treadmills that operate on electricity.

But she's right; we didn't have the green thing back then.

We drank from a fountain when we were thirsty instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time we had a drink of water. We refilled writing pens with ink instead of buying a new pen, and we replaced the razor blades in a razor instead of throwing away the whole razor just because the blade got dull.

But we didn't have the green thing back then.

Back then, people took the streetcar or a bus and kids rode their bikes to school or walked instead of turning their moms into a 24-hour taxi service. We had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances. And we didn't need a computerized gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 23,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest burger joint.

But isn't it sad the current generation laments how wasteful we old folks were just because we didn't have the green thing back then?"

This!
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options

ME TOO! I work with an agency to adopt cats/kittens out, the stories I've heard are heartbreaking!
  • trailtripper
    Options
    Oh WOW (or should I say WoW). Used to drive me absolutely ballistic. Dwarf Hunter Trailtripper.

Do not play WoW any, went back to EQ, but I do enjoy the references in this thread.

Trailtripper
    Oh and folks that stand in fire.... it's simple game mechanics ffs, not rocket science.... holy #$@#$@$
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    i carry the equivlalent of you in my bra. .

OMG I loved this :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ChgingMe
    Options
    Don't get me started on Personal Trainers at the gym who are out of shape and sitting at their desk eating McDonalds. You are your biggest promotional piece and people are suppose to take advice from you?

Ha my daughter once had a dance teacher who was about 100 pounds overweight. I changed dance studios because of it.
  • ChgingMe
    Options
    I totally forgot this one:

Adults with poor grammar. You went to school for AT LEAST 12 required years. In that time, SOME BASIC grammar rules should have been taught and learned.

If we need subtitles to understand English speaking people who were born and raised in America, THAT is a problem.

Honey boo boo child!!
  • Annelies11
    Annelies11 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Gender equality in Arabic countries (I teach English to Arab men)

You're/your, to/too, there/their... and incorrectly placed commas :)

People who express amazement at me being married or a college professor because I can't be older than 22! (I am almost 30)

People who tell me I don't need to lose weight.

People referring to Amsterdam as a country... no, it's the Netherlands, and we do more there than smoke weed!
  • ChgingMe
    Options
    I totally forgot this one:

Adults with poor grammar. You went to school for AT LEAST 12 required years. In that time, SOME BASIC grammar rules should have been taught and learned.

If we need subtitles to understand English speaking people who were born and raised in America, THAT is a problem.

THIS THIS AND THIS!!!!

My boyfriend gets so offended because I am constantly correcting his grammar. I'm sorry I cannot hold an intellectual conversation if the majority of your sentences are formed incorrectly

Im not so much a sentence person. My peeve is your, and you're omg that will set me over the edge. There are two of them people NOT one
  • danlarson
    danlarson Posts: 27
    Options
    Incompetent, Stupid, DISTRACTED Drivers! Seriously about 40% of the people on the road shouldn't be.

This is especailly true that I commute via motorcycle. My loud air-horn has been one of my best purchases ever!