Is diet pop REALLY that bad fro you????

Options
1202122232426»

Replies

• doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    There's no reason to drink it unless you are addicted to it. It's just a bunch of substances your body doesn't need and are most likely harmful.

There is no reason to eat or drink a lot of things that we do other than the enjoyment we get from it.

And those are the foods that should removed first. There are many foods that can be enjoyed and have many nutrients. I enjoy toasted wasabi seaweed, nuts and seeds, raw cacao, and a lot of other things now instead of candy and banana smoothies instead of pop. It's the psychological attachment that needs to go.

Exactly. Living to eat is how many got here. Eating to live is a much better idea.

No, an excess and lack of discipline is how a lot of people got here. Moderation is key. Gluttony is not the answer, nor is sustenance-level consumption.

How is that a "no" to what the other poster and I said?? Do you like to disagree just for the sake of disagreement? Gluttony doesn't cover every case of obesity. There are old people who gain body fat on 1200 calories a day. It is called "sarcopenic obesity" and is a very serious problem in the elderly.

It was a no to you, not the previous poster. I found what you said incorrect. Successful diet (as in food consumption rather than weightloss regimen) for the majority of human beings is all about moderation rather than abstention. Also, I said a lot of people here not all cases of obesity.

Yes, sarcopenic obesity can be a problem with the elderly, but those who are not genetically predisposed to it can fight it off and reverse it with an exercise and diet program.
  • smittieaj
    smittieaj Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Wow, this thread is still going?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Sustenance is what everybody should be striving for.
    No thanks, I like being happy and healthy. I'd say "have a nice life" but that isn't going to happen with sustenance as a goal.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    There's no reason to drink it unless you are addicted to it. It's just a bunch of substances your body doesn't need and are most likely harmful.
    Lol, you mean like all the stuff on the cabinets in the back of your profile pic? I'd rather have a diet soda because at least I KNOW what's in it. Supplements have NO REGULATION which means you really DON'T KNOW what's in that bottle. Especially if the raw material it's manufactured from is China.

And there are lots of "substances" we don't need. Don't need milk. Don't need alcohol. Don't need nachos. But I'd rather be HAPPY enjoying having them in moderation, than eating perfect a being grumpy. But that's just me.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Sustenance is what everybody should be striving for. Finding the nutrient dense foods their body is craving. Being fat is eating the wrong foods not gluttony. You can be a glutton of fruits and vegetables and have no problem with weight.
    So there shouldn't be any fat vegetarians then.

IDEA Fitness member
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    No thanks, I like being happy and healthy. I'd say "have a nice life" but that isn't going to happen with sustenance as a goal.

What you don't want your food to give you strength?
  • queenbee47340
    Options
    the coke and sprite zero's can replace a diet drink in a New York Minute. they have no calories and are much better for you then all the diet options.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Lol, comatose people sustain on tube feeding. Nah, I'd rather eat what I need and want to.

IDEA Fitness member
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Lol, you mean like all the stuff on the cabinets in the back of your profile pic? I'd rather have a diet soda because at least I KNOW what's in it. Supplements have NO REGULATION which means you really DON'T KNOW what's in that bottle. Especially if the raw material it's manufactured from is China.

And there are lots of "substances" we don't need. Don't need milk. Don't need alcohol. Don't need nachos. But I'd rather be HAPPY enjoying having them in moderation, than eating perfect a being grumpy. But that's just me.

Most of those are vitamins not other supplements, and are suppose to be helpful unlike diet soda. What you've never taken vitamins before?

I agree with you, there are a lot of substances we don't need and diet soda is one of them. I am very happy with no diet soda and I bet I feel better from a banana smoothie than you do with diet soda. I'm not saying don't drink diet soda, I have in the past. I'm just stating that there's no reason to drink it. If you need water drink water. Diet soda has a bunch of stuff that is most likely harmful.