What is the biggest unexpected surprise after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I got pregnant after being told I couldn't.

best response! congrats!
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    The horrible flabby loose skin on my tummy. :-( I've lost about 35lb since July last year, and while I love how I look now (although I'm not done yet!), if I lie on my side or lean forward, I have this horrible wrinkly squelchy stuff. Euuch.

On the bright side, I'd forgotten how much I love my collarbones! :-)

Im struggling with loose skin on my stomach,thighs, and arms. At times it feels so discouraging, knowing Ive come this far, but still have this skin to deal with. But its all worth it. I never want to go back to the way I was!
  • PaulN6
    PaulN6 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Although I am only almost half way through, I have come across several surprises.

1. My chair doesn't pull down after few hours so I have to pull the handle and bring it back up like I used to.
    2. It takes much longer to fill up the bath tube with water plus I can cover almost my whole body in water - couldn't do it before.
    3. I keep walking VERY fast - went from 20 mins to 10 mins walk to the gym!

Looking forward to the upcoming surprises :)
  • badmojo108
    Options
    My Kindle, Tablet, or DVDs no longer fit in the back pocket of my jeans. It never occured to me before that the rear pocket on jeans would get smaller as I went down in jeans size. I remember buying my tablet specifically because it would fit in my back pocket.

I can hang all my sweaters/polo shirts now, where I used to have to fold them and keep them in a drawer. My XL clothes would get stretched out in the shoulders, now everything fits on my hangers perfectly and doesn't get stretched out.

Sitting for long periods isn't nearly as comfortable as it used to be. :(
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    What I would really look like at the (almost) end....in a good way. My body is not perfect but I have a new found love for it. My stomach was huge and now it is just about flat. I lost weight all through my body and it took my brain a while to really catch up to what everyone else was seeing, in the mirror when I looked at myself. Working on some strength training but nothing crazy.
  • sleepygirl38
    sleepygirl38 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'll start with the negative. It is still just as hard at 140 to find the motivation to eat right and work out as it was at 181.

However, the positives are so much more including finding out that I am inspiring co workers. On a bad day I feel guilty that I am letting them down, which is now motivating me. Another positive is that when I get pregnant I will actually look like I am pregnant and not just overweight. I will be able to have a healthy pregnancy. Tons of more good things too.
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'll start with the negative. It is still just as hard at 140 to find the motivation to eat right and work out as it was at 181.

However, the positives are so much more including finding out that I am inspiring co workers. On a bad day I feel guilty that I am letting them down, which is now motivating me. Another positive is that when I get pregnant I will actually look like I am pregnant and not just overweight. I will be able to have a healthy pregnancy. Tons of more good things too.

All of what you said for me as well. It is so hard still some days to keep the motivation level up as I close in on my goal. I am anxious about maintenance and just want to get there. When people tell me I inspire them at first I was shocked but now I get it because so many others inspired me too.
  • Nige_Gsy
    Nige_Gsy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    The biggest surprise for me is the reaction of those around me. If I had a pound (or dollar) for every time I have been asked if I am well, or what illness I have, I'd be rich.
  • ReaGaladriel
    ReaGaladriel Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    This topic is so interesting, I can't wait to get to my goal and post my reply :)
  • hatton83
    hatton83 Posts: 31
    Options
    I have only lost 40lbs, but just with that amount gone I am happier and sleep a whole lot better. Sounds weird, but since I have started going down this new and better path in life...I am def a lot more happier. :)
  • artex1024
    artex1024 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Since 2009, I've lost 80 lbs, but I've just recently started to notice certain changes, since I'm pretty much the smallest I've ever been. One that I noticed over the last couple of days (and I was actually thinking about it this morning) is that I actually feel my height now. I'm fairly short at 5'4", but I've never felt short. I guess my extra girth made me feel like I had increased stature, but I work with a bunch of guys who are 6'+ and we do a lot of heavy lifting. It's really put in perspective for me just how small I am. And the more weight I lose, the smaller I feel. I feel like Alice drinking the shrinking potion sometimes. Lol
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    It's surprising to see things change that have never ever changed before. I've yo-yo'd a little over the years but there were some features that always looked the same (the shape of my my thighs and my sides in particular). Those things were the last to change and I guess I just never got that far before. Now, I've gotten far enough that those things, too, are changing. It's weird to see differences there.
  • Falenea
    Falenea Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Loving this topic.
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    How I feel MENTALLY - I no longer need anti depressants, I don't get moody/anxious or paranoid anymore. If I wake up in a bad mood, I work out and I am much better for the day!
  • Anycleavers
    Anycleavers Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My *kitten* hurts if I sit for to long. I guess it's a signal to get up and move!
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Great post
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    For me, (and im about 25lbs down from my highest weight) it's seeing my reflection and going "who's that?" and then realizing its me!
    Noticing slimming in my thighs and belly, places that were downright stubborn through my "yo yo years" are now disappearing before my eyes...
    I notice that I get places faster when walking, I don't mind walking places, my energy level is higher...I feel happier, stronger, healthier...
    my craving for sweets isn't as great as it used to be...
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Touchy subject, but my penis is bigger. Not that it shrunk, mind you, but the weight loss has mad it all usable. Didn't know that would happen.
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Akrion
    Akrion Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    TMI WARNING!!!! The urinary incontinence that I experienced with sneezing or that one time I tried doing jumping jacks has magically disappeared. When I first experienced it, I just blamed it on the two pregnancies and considered I'd be stuck with this problem forever but after losing just 4# and walking 2-3 miles everyday, I can do jumping jacks again!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!