Are you 100% honest with your food diary?

Options
Do you record every calorie that passes your lips?

Replies

• 83lea
    83lea Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Absolutely yes!
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    No I eat slightly more (~100-300) calories just cause of random snacks/sauces I have throughout the day but don't feel like logging. If I was trying to lose weight I'd probably be a little more diligent in tracking every calorie though.
  • monabrew
    monabrew Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Every single calorie! I measure on my food scale and enter the exact amount. Woop some extra work involved but pays off :)
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Mostly. But not miniscule things like a spray of Pam or a dash of seasoning for recipes.
  • so far i have been honest lol.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Absolutely honest. Lying is only lying to myself and that's pretty pointless.
  • HPLW0705
    HPLW0705 Posts: 102
    Options
    For the most part. Sometimes I don't have time to measure things out, so I eyeball. My food diary is to hold myself accountable for what I eat. I know what I eat and if I really feel that I haven't logged everything, I don't finish the day.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Yes, except for like others have stated the 'extras' like mustard, seasonings, etc.

Are you honest?
  • ellygolightly
    Options
    What is the point in logging everything if you're not going to log it all? I log it all even when I am RIDICULOUSLY over! Haha.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I log everything, no matter how miniscule (or how embarrassing), including spices. Oh, I did stop logging sugar-free gum, though.
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I try to record everything - If I am not honest it is because I did not eat enough so i pad it a little. My Dr. said 1000 - 1200 calories but I find if I eat under 1200 I get the "starvation mode" lecture from friends!!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I log everything, no matter how miniscule (or how embarrassing), including spices. Oh, I did stop logging sugar-free gum, though.
    Me too, everything else is logged religiously. Why bull**** ourselves? I'm here to get healthy, not whitewash everything. If I have an off day, I log it and start new the next day. Lying would be a slippery slope.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I don't log gum. Like the <5 cal gum. Gumball machine gumballs I log, they're 20 or more calories each.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Nah.

I'm a bit lazy. BUT I tend to over estimate if I'm not sure on things and it balances out. I will log every single bite if it's not good for me though. So eat one jellybean and I'll log it. Last night after I'd closed my diary for the day I decided to eat a few spoonfuls of yoghurt (I had 50 calories to spare) and I didn't bother to go write it down.

I think everyone has to find what works for them. There's no right way to do this.
  • silversociety
    silversociety Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    <--- I log it all.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I do log honestly because if I need to change things up I can look back to see where I may have gone wrong or to help me decide what I can do better or different.
  • Barbara1245
    Options
    I am new to this and try listing honestly. How do I record quantities that aren't in the program like 5/8 oz of something. I weigh and measure so I know what I'm eating but am having trouble finding specifics in the program.
  • jennifersmiles444
    jennifersmiles444 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yes...I'm completely honest. Why wouldn't I be? The whole reason I keep a food diary is to keep myself on track. I have found that the little things add up quickly:)
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    No, but only cos I often say I ate more of something than I've actually consumed, not the other way around.
    I don't see the point in under-logging - you're only fooling yourself in the long run.