WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Good morning. :drinker: :drinker: The sun is shining!!!!

So I had a better day yesterday and I started on the office. I had a lovely stroll down memory lane and then chucked out a bunch of stuff. I had really old tax docs, and tons of craft instructions and costume discussions and tons of old schoolwork. why was I keeping it all?:grumble: I haven't looked at some it for 10 years. today I need to organize all the stuff I am keeping and i will be using my label maker to the max.

My new little apple tree fell victim to the Bodi. we suspect him anyway, Its broken at the base from either a really really strong wind or a happy puppy tail. :noway: I am betting on the 95 pound year old puppy. we are trying to salvage it but I may just go get another one.

Alice - loved the bog dog story:happy:

Mimi - thanks for all the info. It makes why we do this all that more clear.:smile:

Jeannie - congrats on being under 150. I am right there behind you. Hopefully tomorrow I will be with ya. ::bigsmile:

SuzyQ - I hope you can get outside soon.:happy:

Michele - I don't know about exercising helping with the hot flashes because I exercise A LOT (3 to 6 hrs a day)and it doesn't phase my hot flashes:explode: . congrats on the new suit.

Reb - enjoy the R & R. :yawn: You certainly deserve it.

MacMadame - be careful grindstones can really injure your nose.:wink:

tiarapants - good luck with the proofing. :yawn: I hope it is a subject you enjoy.

Jackie - I am glad things are going okay. I am sure you will lose once the routine sets in. :flowerforyou:

Auntiebk - it isn't that bad and you know you can do it. :love: I believe in you.

for those of you I missed I hope you have a fantastic Friday. :flowerforyou:
  • heartrw
    heartrw Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    "heartw - paying taxes is really not a thing that you must do. You can always go to jail. Not that I'd want to...lol" (from Michele) :laugh: :laugh: Thanks for the giggle...as I'm kind of partial to my freedom I think I'll insist on DH paying our taxes!!

Mary...hope your Mom recuperates quickly and is able to get out of the Rehab place. My experience is that our Mom's are never very happy there...then with MIL the stress of the change always caused her mind to slip quite a bit more.

Congrats to those doing well. I offer my shoulder to cry on (figuratively speaking, of course) to those who aren't. Prayers and happy thoughts going out to all. Have a great day!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I'm very busy getting ready for my daughter's birthday party tonight. We plan to grill. Anyway, wanted to share this sort of funny way too true video about the oil spill sort of. That makes no sense, but you will understand if you watch. Have a good Friday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAa0gd7ClM
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Fast walking made me out of breath! :grumble: Guess I'm not ready for areobics just yet.
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Definitely listen to your body. Take it easy xx
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    TGIF:heart:

Jeannie - congrats on getting below that 150 mark, it's all the small successes that add up to one big one:flowerforyou:

Alice - so glad your marsh story had a happy ending and :drinker: here's to hoping your yorkie learned her lesson.

Mimi- WOW, I guess I'd best get a move on and start working on strength training, just not my favorite thing to do:grumble:

Kackie - glad you were able to get a break from the heat in the mountains...somewhere there is a place with perfect tempatures...just not sure where that is:wink:

SuzyQ- keep taking it slow so your healing doesn't have a set back:smile: Your story about your parents made me smile Your 'house' projects of updates and remodels brings back a lot of memories...some of them even good:ohwell:

Linda- sorry you aren't feeling well, but glad you didn't dent any cars with that cart...so how many calories do you figure you were able to use up chasing that cart:huh:

Michele- YEAH You getting into an 8 bathing suit! That is a big milestone:drinker: and getting it on sale what a bonus!

Barbie - you really make me smile:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Tiarapants- my heart breaks for you and your sad memories of your Mums last weeks, :cry: I can't imagine what that must be like. Do hope you are feeling better soon and back to eating regular breakfasts soon.

AuntieBk- making that size jump is HUGH and you deserve the kudos for all your hard work...besides it was on sale:flowerforyou:

Jackie - :laugh: :laugh: I was picturing you forgetting to undo the straps one the wheelchair:laugh: it was truly a LOL moment.

rjadams- you have inspired me to go home today and throw away some of my "junk" I'm sure some of it is older than your 10 year....bad...I'm so bad:grumble:

Mary - LOL:laugh: :laugh: :sad: :sad: yep it's one of those funny cries! And still no one really knows how to fix / clean up the mess.

We have a big weekend ahead of us. I'm hopng to get out of work on time today and then head home to start going through a pile of papers of Mom's. Tomorrow night we have free tickets to the Rockies Baseball game from our bank (in their suite) ought to be fun and then Sunday night we have free tickets to the comedy Works ( I won in a drawing)...so this is free weekend entertainment.

Today wearing a top that I haven't worn for 2+ years and new size 8 capris...in black so I'm feeling smaller...hoping that the scale says the same tomorrow on weigh in morning:wink:

Everyone have a good Friday...keep up on the fight against inactivity and drink your water:drinker:

Laura:smile:
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :yawn: First day off and feeling out of sorts, both physically and mentally.

I think giving blood yesterday was not the greatest timing. I also had to do some personality profile tests for work which I did yesterday before going home. Also not the greatest timing on my part, but wanted to get it out of the way. And you know.....all those things to do before you can actually leave work for 2 weeks :ohwell:

Got my blood work back this week and my cholesterol did not budge despite doubling meds :grumble: :grumble: This afternoon my annual physical, so will see what the doc says.

Will check in later.

:heart: Rebel:heart:
  • caminogirl
    caminogirl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just popping in quickly, I'm trying to get the trailer ready for our trip South - DH has decided that 2 weeks away is just what's needed, so a week from now we're heading to Cap Cod! Which is great 'cause I read Nathanial Philbrick's "Into the Heart of the Sea" this winter and it's all about whaling in the New Bedford area. I love reading history, especially well written history, and I love even better going to places that I've read about. Last year we went to Gettysburg and that was amazing too.

Congrats Jeannie for going below 150! It's a great feeling to hit a goal :flowerforyou: - I saw the scale move to 219.6 this morning which made me very happy :happy:

RJ - I'm with you on the cleaning thing - I love to throw stuff out!! Hee Hee - It makes me feel lighter! I should have had a career as a Professional Organizer. I love throwing out other peoples stuff too - I've helped friends purge houses when they want to sell and I'm ruthless!! Knick-knacks from holidays long gone don't stand a chance with me! :laugh: :laugh:

Rebel - good luck with your tune up at the doctors today :flowerforyou: and then relax and enjoy your holiday too. You've been busy, this is likely post-busy let down. Hope you feel in the pink soon!

Mimi - thanks for the tidbits from the book, I'll have to search it out and read more but at least it proves we're all on the right track. :flowerforyou: Good new re. your blood work too.

We're off for a dinner out on Saturday at friends and she's a wonderful cook, but hard to say "No thanks" too - my old dilemma - and as we're overnight I can't do the doggy bag thing either. :ohwell: I will be mindful though - it helps to think of you all while I'm not stuffing my face; your successes are encouraging me to try harder.

Well not a long post but I hope each of you has a great weekend!
    Cathy
  • caminogirl
    caminogirl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say 'thanks' for all the hot flash tips! :smokin: I'd not heard of some of them before so I will research it all a bit more and see what would work for me.
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good Evening All - Wow it took some time to catch up with all the posts, we are a chatty lot :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Lots of good advice about hot flushes as we in the UK call them :smile: I might have to try the vitamin B12. I already drink soya milk and have done for the last 2 - 3 years mainly because I read that dairy food can cause breast cancer. One of the nurses at work is very interested in health and wellbeing and showed me this article about a woman that had breast cancer and looked at other countries diets (she was also a scientist or something) and found that women in Asia who drink and eat a lot of soya had far less breast cancer sufferers. To cut a long story short she cut out all dairy products from her diet and ate/drank soya products and fresh fruit and veg and was much better. Can't remember if she cured herself completely or the tumours got smaller (it's an age thing loss of memory :bigsmile: ) but anyway soya hasn't done anything to reduce my hot flushes. I suffer terrible for a few weeks, then they seem to be not so bad for a few weeks, then come back again :noway: :noway:

I went for a facial today - a birthday present from the girls at work - yes I know my birthday was in March, but it has taken a while to get it organised :laugh: It was quite relaxing and my skin did feel lovely after it - I'm not sure if I would want to have one too often though. Maybe every 3 or 4 months or for special occasions.

:flowerforyou: Jackie you made me smile, forgetting to take the strap off your mums wheelchair. :bigsmile: I hope you are getting all the help you need - I'm not sure what the social or age concern can do to help, but I'm sure you've looked into it. Just be careful to get some time to yourself to get a bit of balance in your life.:smile:

I've had a few bad days this week, so I'm not expecting any loss when I weigh myself tomorrow. I've even missed out on doing the gut n butt too :frown: I wish I could get my act together and get back on the exercise waggon. I feel so inspired when I read about all the exercise you do but just can't seem to get into the exercise spirit.

:drinker: Things to be thankful for 1. My friends on mfp, 2. My parents are in good health. 3. The sun came out as we walked the dogs 4. My lovely family :heart: :heart:

:flowerforyou: Chat again soon

Viv :smile:
  • ainslieglen
    ainslieglen Posts: 110
    Options
    Hi everyone....

Just about three years ago, I was still living alone in my own apartment.:smile: I'd been on my own since 2000,and enjoyed the freedom and solitude. In 2003, while in NC to spend Christmas with my US family I collapsed and was rushed by ambulance to hospital. I had been unconcious from the time of the episode until I woke up to a round of ct, mri, eeg, ekg heart monitoring...you name it.:angry: Obviously I survived. :bigsmile: I remained living alone until 2007. Then I had a good talk with myself, and came to the conclusion that I didn't ever want to have an episode like that again while alone:sad: . And I damn well didn't want my kids to have to try to decide what would be best for me.:huh: I was 69 at the time and the prospect of ever putting them in that position was something I couldn't live with. :noway: I value my independence and decided to be proactive about my future. My children have their own lives and I have mine, and I want us to enjoy each other without worrying what to do "IF".

Long story short, I investigated retirement life-style facilities for active, independent seniors, and found one that I absolutely totally enjoy:laugh: . I chose one that offers full dining room service& housekeeping. There is staff on duty 24/7, and if anything happens to me, I'll get prompt attention. My Dr. knows my wishes, as do my children, and I have a living will that makes any decisions mine.:bigsmile: I don't want to live with one of my children. I've decided on a full care facility should it ever become necessary.
    The stress it has removed from my life (and theirs) is enormous.:laugh: None of us has to worry about "what will happen to Mom?)

I tell you this because I have children ages, 50, 49, 47 and 37. I'm 72, so could possibly live a lot more years. :smokin: Now is the time to make some plans for later life. I'm so happy I did, and I urge my kids to start thinking ahead.

I've read the posts from caring, unselfish people who are taking responsibility for aged parents. You all deserve so much respect. :heart: I couldn't do it for my Mother (brother and sil did, so I didn't have to). I know how I felt, and I didn't want to run that risk with my four. Reading your posts has made me realize how right I was to make the decision I did.:flowerforyou:

Thank you:smile: Ainslieglen
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I value my independence and decided to be proactive about my future. My children have their own lives and I have mine, and I want us to enjoy each other without worrying what to do "IF". ... My Dr. knows my wishes, as do my children, and I have a living will that makes any decisions mine.:bigsmile: ... I tell you this because I have children ages, 50, 49, 47 and 37. I'm 72, so could possibly live a lot more years. :smokin: Now is the time to make some plans for later life.

Thank you:smile: Ainslieglen

My Mom and Dad had a living will as well as a living trust, so thankfully all the major decisions were made by them instead of by us kids in the heat of the moment. And it was a good thing too because toward the end, Moma's thinking was fuzzy and my brothers were absolutely NO HELP. It was a great comfort to me to have everything they wanted on paper from how to dispose of their car right down to what songs they wanted sung at their funeral. Its never too soon to plan ahead. :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Alice, I'm so glad your missing dog story had a happy ending.......you could probably quadruple the number of calories burned walking the same amount of time and consider that the amount of calories you burned....what a blessing that your dog was small enough for you to carry.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: tiarapants, I understand the "visitation" from your mother......when my mother died we moved into her house partly because it was something she wanted us to do and partly because DH's 16 year old son came to live with us and we needed a bigger place.....we gave away a lot of furniture both hers and ours and kept a lot of her stuff in exactly the same place she had it........even though I was careful, generous, and thoughtful with all her possessions, for years I had dreams that she had visited and found fault with my choices.....my mother and I had a rocky life together filled with my often not doing things well enough to please her...what has helped me make peace with our relationship is to recall with gratitude the things that she taught me that have been useful in my life (one good example is the years of ballet lessons she imposed on me that have resulted in the huge passion for dance that has been a central part of my retirement)
    I've been having Isagenix shakes for breakfast for over a year and I love the nutrition and simplicity of them and can't imagine having to go back to traditional food.

:drinker: Robin, I hope to be inspired by your disposing of old things filled with sentiment.....I, too, have tax returns from 1968 to the present, boxes of photos, videotapes, and many other things that should be tossed.....I keep praying for the willingness.......I'm sorry about your apple tree and understand completely about pets and their roaring their way like windstorms through our homes (we have window coverings that are in terrible shape thanks to dogs and cats who wanted to look out the window when the shades were down)

:drinker: suzzzque, you are a wonderful wife to be so supportive of your husband's love of fixing up houses.....it sounds you have found a way to be a good sport about it.......what about the yard? are you a gardener that has to give up the work you've done in the yard?

:flowerforyou: Laura, congratulations on the new smaller clothes
    that is a much better feeling than anything the scale says.

:flowerforyou: Cathy, your trip sounds fabulous....two weeks away is a perfect trip

:drinker: Jeanie, congratulations on getting below 150......changing that middle number is a huge accomplishment

On the subject of hot flashes (flushes).......I consumed a lot of soy (soy milk, tofu, soy burgers ) when I was in my 50's and I'm sure that helped keep the problem at bay....

:flowerforyou: ainslieglen, you gave me some important things to think about for my future...thank you...I have some of that stuff taken care of, but not all......right now, DH and I are updating our will and we've already paid for and made plans for cremation which is a step in the right direction. our will includes provisions for who will take our pets.

We are having a beautiful sunny day......hubby has gone to Seattle for a business meeting so he didn't get to enjoy playing golf or working in the yard in the sunshine, but the poodles and I spent more than an hour walking at the dog park and enjoying the lovely weather....rain is predicted for tomorrow and then sunshine on Sunday when I have to go to Tacoma for a meeting.:laugh:
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Michele – Water exercises can reduce cellulite??!? :noway: Well that's a good bit of news. I suddenly like swimming a whole bunch more that I did yesterday.:laugh: That's a “why the heck didn't I know about this earlier” kinda thing. I hope and pray I'm one of the lucky ones who will have good results.

I did my every few weeks run today to Sam's club, Wal-Mart and darn near every other store in a 50 mile radius, or so it seemed to me. I wish groceries could be delivered by UPS... but then I wouldn't get to pick out my own produce. Dang. Guess it will never happen, huh?

The good news …...... wait for it.......... I finally lost some weight - 2.5 pounds this week.:bigsmile: It's been a several week dry spell, so I'm real pleased. I'm 4.5 pounds away from the 100's. Soon I hope.

I got some tape to wrap an old injury on my foot so maybe next week I can get more out of my “swimming” laps. (quotes because a real swimmer would scoff at what I call swimming)

Tomorrow I will be cooking up a storm making stuff for DH's birthday/Fathers Day. The family will be here and a friend or two. I'm making a red velvet cake and I'm going to do like Mimi suggested and have one bite and really enjoy it. I'm going with the thought that it's all downhill after the first bite. I'm going to make a bunch of grilled veggies & sweet potatoes to go with the pulled pork and smoked turkey, so I should be okay in the food department.

If any of you like eggplant, I have been making a really easy and simple dish almost every day lately that I don't get tired of. I have eggplant, peppers, tomatoes and onions growing like crazy right now.

I take 1 tbs of olive oil and saute 1 medium onion, 1 large red or green pepper (diced) , and two eggplants (¾” cubes approx) Saute and stir about 5 minutes until about ½ done. Add 2 or 3 tomatoes depending on size, cover and cook another 5 minutes until the eggplant is tender. I add garlic pepper to it, but you can add any spices you like. When it's done I sprinkle ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese on top and let it set a minute or so to get melty. This makes enough for 2 servings, they are large servings but I like the stuff. MP says there are 280 calories in half this recipe.

Ainslieglen – It sounds like you made a very wise decision regarding living arrangements. You sure have been considerate of your children that's for sure. And to be happy with your decision is wonderful. I have given thought to what I will do should I end up living alone. It's hard for me to figure out now, but I'm with you on one thing – I won't be living with our son. We love each other very much, but that just wouldn't work. I guess I will stay right where I am as long as it's safe and I can drive. I think that will be the deal breaker for me. I can't live here and not drive.

I do need to take care of those last decisions like my parents did. My mom was an extraordinary organizer. Funeral arrangements, will, living will, power of attorney, giving away things ahead of time, she was prepared. I knew everything she wanted done and how to do it. DH and I, not so much. Only the will so far.

Here's to a great weekend. And I second or third the motion – don't forget the water!

Faye
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    ainslieglen, - thank you for your words of wisdom. You made me think.

I am making a list with everything I want to accomplish during my 2 week "down-time" and one of them is updating our will and putting our affairs in order (again). I have been fortunate that my parents and in-law parents went into a care home they enjoyed. It was a huge relief! I don't want to be a burden to my children.

Update on doc visit. I am a little down-hearted about the cholesterol level not coming down despite doubling dosage. He doubled my dosage again and will check again in 3 months. I know most of it is due to genetics, since both sides of the family have it whether skinny or not and whether fit or not.

Doc also suggested I start taking Vit D and Calcium. I already take vitamin D.

Today was RESTING day. I feel the need for restoration. I am tired, just really really tired.

Bound to feel MUCH better tomorrow!

hugs :heart: Rebel:heart:
  • ainslieglen
    ainslieglen Posts: 110
    Options
    Faye:
    Not being able to drive any longer was one of my big considerations. When I had to give up driving, it was a huge loss.:angry: What the root of the problem I experienced turned out to be is a seizure disorder and it affects balance, depth perception etc. plus the risk of triggring a seizure.:sad: They're under control now, but I have to admit , travelling by plane alone scares the he-l out of me. However,I'll be damned if I let my whole life be dictated by a risk that is now very slim as long as I'm careful.:noway:

Hey, congratulations on the pounds lost! Isn't it a great feeling?

Have a super week-end:flowerforyou: ainslieglen
  • kcfva122
    kcfva122 Posts: 40
    Options
    Hello, I'm back! I got super busy and lost you guys. I thought maybe nobody was posting any more, but couldn't imagine that could be so.

Finally found you today when Barbiecat congratulated Suezzque for the weight loss. I kept on looking until I found the latest post.

Still superbusy - 4 more days of school and the next day I start driving 1200 miles to Nova Scotia - alone!!!! Well, with two cats, but they don't help a lot. After I finally get there I hope to have a little more time and can get caught up some. I'll be there for about 2 months.

I've been messing around with 3 or 4 pounds lately and not sticking with it every day. I've actually lost about 28 pounds but I changed my ticker when I discovered that my scale was 10 pounds lighter than the doc's.

I lost my Mom a month ago, and that led to a lot of stress eating, which I'm still trying to get under control. Which reminds me, it's time for my morning workout and walk, and I'd better get started. Lots of packing and cleaning and other necessary stuff to get done this weekend. I might not get back on for a week or so. This time next week I hope to be crossing the border from Maine to New Brunswick!

I skipped reading all the months that I missed, so I don't know what's up with anyone and who all the new folks are, but it's good to be back.

Karen
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Well it finally happed. No weight loss this week:angry: . Its okay, I knew it was coming.:noway: I didn't burn as much this week and I had a couple of bad days. (well bad for me) I am not stressing about it. I have still averaged 1.5 pounds a week since March and I feel good about that. I know its just going to get harder and harder to lose and I accept that as well.

To make myself feel better I looked back at my stats. :
    body fat 40.6 % down to 29.3%
    waist has gone from 39 inches to 32.5 inches.
    hips went from 40 to 37.5
    bust went from 41 to 38.
    I am happy with my progress.:happy:

I hope you all have a STELLAR SATURDAY!!!!

edit: I was just looking at my starting figure. 41-39-40 boy I really was a barrell on legs :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    ::drinker: suzzzque, you are a wonderful wife to be so supportive of your husband's love of fixing up houses.....it sounds you have found a way to be a good sport about it.......what about the yard? Are you a gardener that has to give up the work you've done in the yard?

THATS the hard part about flipping houses. I've taken a start of Moma's houseleek, Grandma's irises and Wisteria and my own hosta collection from place to place. It seems just about the time we get a place looking really good hubby is ready to sell it. and turn a dollar. Having a good looking landscape helps. :flowerforyou:

Most everything in these beds has been there less than a year, so I'll be able to dig it up and bring at least a start of it with me this time too. I've been delaying digging and separating my tulips until we get word on this house because if we get it they'll go in a pot for easy moving and if we don't I'll spread them out where they already are. WAIT is a 4 letter word for a reason! :grumble: My biggest problem is tend to remodel and decorated the soon to be house in my head so its hard to think of anything else.... And I don't even know if we're getting it or not! Hubby assures me it will be our last house, if we get it, so I'm looking forward to being able to settle in. So far the longest we've ever stayed anywhere is 8 years.

I'm feeling better today and REALLY want to get outside and piddle in my flowerbeds, but it is windy and both hubby and common sense told me NOT to get out in it. I'm beginning to get cabin fever. Gonna try walking with Leslie again and see if I can last more than 5 minutes this time.

Been thinking alot about my Daddy these past couple of days. Perhaps its because Sunday is Father's Day and then the following week would have been his 92nd birthday. Hard to believe he's been gone almost 4 years. In my guest room closet hangs Daddy's favorite sweater. The left cuff is worn where his watch was. It is his signature brown color.... When I am especially missing him, I put it on and somehow wearing it makes him almost seem closer.

I remember when it was my turn to go to work with him as a child. The acrid smell of the West Texas oilfield... Lunchtime in the "dog house"... Watching him add water to the grape kool aid in the old Miracle Whip jar and shake it... stale bologna sandwiches wrapped in wax paper for lunch... Having to go behind a tank out on the lease to use the bathroom in the wind... I felt so privileged to be a part of his grown up world for a whole day.

I remember summers at the little league field watching Daddy coach ball.... Even now I can close my eyes and smell the grass and hear the chatter of the players followed by the cracking of a bat, the thud of the ball in the catchers glove... Daddy's voice above it all.

I remember Daddy's voice at mealtimes... asking the Lord's blessing on our food.... "Lord bless this food to the nourishment of our bodies and us to Thy service, and make us ever mindful of the needs of others."

I remember the time all us kids chipped in together and bought him a black and white t.v. at Christmas for the kitchen.... how he misted up when he opened it.

I remember Daddy teaching me to roller skate. He seemed so sure footed. I have to smile as I recall the time he took my children to the local skate rink and how nervous the owner was to have a 75 year old man on the floor.

I remember chocolates from Daddy every Valentines day from the time I was a little girl.... From my earliest memories of him there has always been that familiar heart shaped box with a red bow on it from him every year. Even when I married the chocolates kept coming! One year I hinted that I was dieting and didn't need them, but he showed up with a tiny little box anyway.

I remember the time I was sitting out in the truck in front of my house with a young man who is now my husband waiting for curfew... How Daddy came to the front door to flicker the porch light off and on until his seventeen year old daughter came in the house.

I remember how Daddy beamed when I sang in public and especially at church.

I remember how he began to lose his appetite this past year and how the only thing he wanted to eat was sauerkraut salad or pineapple cake. How I loved to cook for him.

I remember Daddy. :heart:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :smile: Happy Saturday, everyone! Pouring down rain here--they predicted a sunny morning and THEN rain--someone got it WRONG! :grumble:

Laura--Your weekend sounds like SO much fun! :happy: Enjoy yourself! Congratulations on the top fitting:drinker: --I bet you look great.

Rebel--That's too bad about your cholesterol numbers not budging but I hope you enjoy your time off!:flowerforyou:

Cathy--Cape Cod is so pretty and there are so many sights to see in the area! Have a wonderful time.

Viv--There are times when I have to force myself to do my workout. The thing is, though, that once I get started I enjoy it! I love the enegy it gives me, too.:smile:

Faye--Congratulations on your weight loss!:drinker: (I sure hope mine gets moving again soon:tongue: --I seem to be at a standstill since quitting smoking in April! Oh well, I do feel SO much better!)
    Can't wait to try the eggplant recipe! It sounds wonderful. Is it in the database?

Karen--nice to see you. You know, you STILL lost 28 pounds. You just would have been 10 pounds heavier on the doctor's scale, that's all. The amount is still the same.
    I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom :flowerforyou: Hang in there, you'll get the eating under control again.

Robin--Your stats are impressive! Keep up the good work!:drinker:

Suezzzeque--You have such nice memories of you Dad. I am happy for you, even though they make you sad you were blessed to have a loving, caring Dad.

Well, I know I've missed some people and I am sorry for that! Have a great day all! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: