The stupidest thing you used to think...

Options
15678911»

Replies

• love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    When I was a little kid and our family took road trips, I used to think that the cars going over the overpasses on the highway, were toy cars! Bahhaaaa! My kids howled when I told them that!
  • bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I used to think fake b00bs were silly and a waste of money. Now I kinda like them.
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    When I was a little kid and our family took road trips, I used to think that the cars going over the overpasses on the highway, were toy cars! Bahhaaaa! My kids howled when I told them that!

^ Ha.

When I was a kid and we'd pass water or natural gas towers along the freeway, my mom told me they were full of cookies. I totally believed her and was super bummed out when I learned the truth... :laugh: :noway: :embarassed:
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    That binging for weeks and then starving for weeks was a legitimate diet regime, despite never losing weight.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I drink about 10 cans of diet Mtn Dew a day. I have to buy it two or three cases at a time because I literally feel I'll die without it. Now that's just stupid.
    I used to drink cokes like that. When i stopped drinking them I dropped 20 pounds without even trying. Something to think about. :smile:
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I used to think I would be "big" for the rest of my life. I was willing to lie down and accept that (while eating ice cream). But now I tell myself that is BS (while eating ice cream).

5499814.png
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    That binging for weeks and then starving for weeks was a legitimate diet regime, despite never losing weight.

Yeah.. that was me. So glad its not anymore!
  • MikeNoTalent
    MikeNoTalent Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I used to think since I was 315lbs and could touch my toes I wasn't fat. :laugh:
  • JennNH12
    JennNH12 Posts: 56
    Options
    I used to think that eating healthy and getting to a healthy fitness level could only be done if my loved ones around me did it as well. I used to think that I would never be able to get it done if we were not all on the same page. In reality, its has been the opposite. (after 2 weeks of seeing hubby suck up junk food while I was eating healthy it all got easier) First few weeks were tough. But not anymore. I am seeing the changes in my body as well as feeling them and THAT drives me to ignore his night time junk food binge.

I also used to think that cucumbers were "green cookies"....thanks Mom♥
  • Sizethree4Ever
    Sizethree4Ever Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    That I never knew what BMR was, so I thought if you ate 1000 calories in a day you had to burn off 1000 calories...

This!
  • MissPeppers
    MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    That I had to eat when I felt even just a little hungry, or I'd get dizzy and fatigued...
  • smantha32
    Options
    I wish that I could give up all the diet sodas and drink more water.... I need to cut them out so that I can get rid of some of this sodium and water retention. I even tried drinking one water to every soda... That lasted one whole DAY. Is it still as beneficial to drink water with MIO or another sugar free flavor added?

I add MIO to my water. It's the only way I'll drink water. I need the damned stuff to taste like something.
    There's debate whether the artifical sweeteners will kill you, even in small amounts, but it's better than drinking sodas.
  • smantha32
    Options
    That if I "broke" my diet with something "naughty" then the day was a write off and I could just eat what I wanted and get back on it the next day.

So many misconceptions in one sentence!

THIS!

Actually if you don't go completely insane, or do it every day, doing that probably won't hurt your diet much.
  • gabegrammy
    gabegrammy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    that I can't do this by myself. I am and I will. of couse with the help of MFP and my Pals. no gimmicks no pills no fees no dues. Just me and MFP!!!
  • smantha32
    Options
    Cardio was the only way to lose weight.

I thought that too.
    And it was funny because at one time I was doing great.. but I realized that in between cardio classes at the gym I was using some of the weight machines to kill time. It took awhile to figure out why I wasn't getting fit just walking 3 miles a day. :smile:
  • 8goodgirl0
    8goodgirl0 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That I had anything to look forward to.
  • LozPenguin
    LozPenguin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That if I ate barely anything during the day and nothing remotely fatty/sugary/'bad' and did some tough excersize that I'd "done really well today!"

No you silly girl. Go and do some research, you've grown up with big misconceptions about good health!!