Convince me Pop Tarts & ice cream are bad.

Options

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    they didn't have brown sugar! cherry it is. in the toaster as we speak. and actually yeah I'm having both. Puts me over on carbs significantly, but I needed the calories. :tongue:

:noway: :noway: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    they didn't have brown sugar! cherry it is. in the toaster as we speak. and actually yeah I'm having both. Puts me over on carbs significantly, but I needed the calories. :tongue:

:noway: :noway: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Hey I said i'd do it and I stick to my word. :drinker:
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    If you arent convinced by the nutrition label, nothing I or anyone else can say will convince you.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    They are bad because they lack bacon. DUH!

I love the way you think.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    :heart:
    so guys, I'm gonna go eat some pop tarts today. :laugh: my local bodega's selection is limited - brown sugar or cherry i think... which do I go with?

The brown sugar pop tarts are amazing.

i've had em both and like 'em both... just if i'm gonna do this i gotta make the right call. haha

Yes, if you're going to - take your time and make the decision the right one. I made homeade brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts this weekend. I don't like all the filling - so halved it. Heavenly. And because I have more weight to lose - I only ate one. See? It can be done.

recipe?

Nice loss, btw. Here's the link - http://www.the-baker-chick.com/2012/03/21/cinnamon-brown-sugar-pop-tarts/

ETA: the picture in my ticker is from the website.

OMG the possibilities are endless here. I could make any kind of pop tart my heart desires!! I'm even contemplating a savory pop tart. Thank you!

Sunshine, rainbows, and unicorn farts my horizons have been expanded.

OP if you want to make these kind of pop tarts and share them then I would approve of your pop tart habit. Also think about the 1000's of calories that would be burned from standing over a hot oven vs. clicking that little button thing on a toaster.

I was discussing savory pop tarts the other day. I have a site for that too, but I don't think I bookmarked it. I believe the link I posted earlier is where I saw that. Good luck!
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    you're eating it in moderation, so for you, they are not bad
  • beachlover317
    Options

:drinker: Enjoy! Next time you have to try the brown sugar cinnamon.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    In before the rollover
  • CoachReddy
    Options

:drinker: Enjoy! Next time you have to try the brown sugar cinnamon.

My mom was obsessed with them when I was a kid. I've had my fair share. Next time... whenever that is... t'will def be browj sugar
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Case in point. No drama, just saying. If a message is delivered in an abrasive fashion it is less likely to be received. If you just want to be a keyboard warrior and shoot darts, help yourself. You have yourself a great day now.
    Thanks mom

Quite welcome sweetie. Care for a poptart?

I'll take a brownie for 200, Alex. :-P

Lolz! Excellent comeback. Besides, brownies haven't gotten much love in this thread. magerum, what you got against brownies man??

Good ones don't come in little travel packets like pop tarts! Otherwise, I've got nothing...

Special brownies in Amsterdam do!

I had "special" brownies back in college one time. :wink:

(sigh) me too....... Those were some of the best times of my life. :wink:
  • mmapags
    Options
    Nope...can't do it.

Por quoi mon frère?
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options

I was discussing savory pop tarts the other day. I have a site for that too, but I don't think I bookmarked it. I believe the link I posted earlier is where I saw that. Good luck!
    I wonder if they're anywhere near as good as meat doughnuts...

250px-Lihapiirakka.jpg

AKA Lihapiirakka: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meat_doughnut

They really are awesome. Like a regular deep-fried doughnut, only with a meat and rice filling. If I could think of a way to bring them to Indiana, I think I'd be rich.
  • mmapags
    Options
    :heart:
    so guys, I'm gonna go eat some pop tarts today. :laugh: my local bodega's selection is limited - brown sugar or cherry i think... which do I go with?

The brown sugar pop tarts are amazing.

i've had em both and like 'em both... just if i'm gonna do this i gotta make the right call. haha

Yes, if you're going to - take your time and make the decision the right one. I made homeade brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts this weekend. I don't like all the filling - so halved it. Heavenly. And because I have more weight to lose - I only ate one. See? It can be done.

recipe?

Nice loss, btw. Here's the link - http://www.the-baker-chick.com/2012/03/21/cinnamon-brown-sugar-pop-tarts/

ETA: the picture in my ticker is from the website.

OMG the possibilities are endless here. I could make any kind of pop tart my heart desires!! I'm even contemplating a savory pop tart. Thank you!

Sunshine, rainbows, and unicorn farts my horizons have been expanded.

OP if you want to make these kind of pop tarts and share them then I would approve of your pop tart habit. Also think about the 1000's of calories that would be burned from standing over a hot oven vs. clicking that little button thing on a toaster.

What the heck you think an Empanada is??
  • beachlover317
    Options

250px-Lihapiirakka.jpg

They really are awesome. Like a regular deep-fried doughnut, only with a meat and rice filling. If I could think of a way to bring them to Indiana, I think I'd be rich.

OH you bad girl. Those sound delicious too. Do you make them yourself?
  • mmapags
    Options
    If you arent convinced by the nutrition label, nothing I or anyone else can say will convince you.

Google orthorexia. You may find your photo there.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Google orthorexia. You may find your photo there.

booooo

i mean, they are still crap food whether they fit in your macros or not.

...says the guy who just ate two of them... lol
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options

250px-Lihapiirakka.jpg

OH you bad girl. Those sound delicious too. Do you make them yourself?
    Nope. We lived in Finland for several months, and I used to get them at the grocery store. Cost .89 euro (or a little over a buck) from the in-store bakery.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Hmmmm... carry on eating the "natural" tater tots, pizza and Hot Pockets you have in your diary then and leave more Pop Tarts for the rest of us :smile:
  • SaveFileCorrupt
    SaveFileCorrupt Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    IIFYM, food was meant to be enjoyed.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Hmmmm... carry on eating the "natural" tater tots, pizza and Hot Pockets you have in your diary then and leave more Pop Tarts for the rest of us :smile:

QFT. Beat me to it.