5'8" Ladies, what's your ideal weight?

Options

Replies

• crocmomma
    crocmomma Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 27, 5'8". I got up to 205lb when I was pregnant with my daughter, but I'm down to 139lbs now. I'm happy with where I am, but I'm still eating to lose 1/2 lb/week. I think I'll switch it over to maintenance when/if I hit 135lb, but I don't know yet how I'll feel when I get there. I don't think I'd like to go below 130lb, that much I know.
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    5'8 - Size 10. Present weight 175, ideal weight 165-170. Anything sub 160 is too small for me, it looks sickly on my frame.
  • MicroHez
    MicroHez Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm 29, between 5'7"-5'8" depending on how rough of a day I had at work... At my thinnest in high school, I was right around 145-150 (size 14/16). I was 185 at the start of college (size 18/20) and that is what I am shooting for as a goal to start. I just started MFP this weekend so no huge progess yet. I have a large frame, so anything less than 140 would probably make me sickly looking.
  • gitanagirl
    gitanagirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, and I am currently 150, I would have to say my ideal weight would be 137. :) and wow, I didn't know there were so many tall girl's around!!!!! :)... (all my girlfriends are shorter than me) ADD ME!
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    My ideal weight is 110
  • xprettyreckless
    xprettyreckless Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'9'' and my ideal weight would be around 132lbs/60kg.. but I'm not sure if that's not too low, especially since I plan on lowering my body fat* and build up muscle.

I know that I'll feel really fit and comfortable around 138/139lbs, so once I get there, we'll see if more weight loss is necessary!
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 8 my goal is around 195. I've always been way over weight so maybe when I get there Ill reconsider, but its hard for me to imagine myself even under 200 lbs.
  • rmarie98
    rmarie98 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 1/2 (and a teenager going thru a growth spurt, so by summer the doctor said I would be 5'8...) and atm my ideal weight is about 110-115lbs :) currently Im 139lbs but I'm a chubby 139... I think I carry fat in places others don't? so I need to lose it ;)
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8". I'm 47 years old and currently weigh 145 lbs. I just recently lost about 7 lbs with this app and actually reached my goal weight. I reset my goal for 140. The highest non pregnant weight I've ever been is about 167- that was a couple of years ago and lost 22 lbs on Weight Watchers. I carry weight more in my face and around my waist so anything above 150 just feels too heavy for me. Not sure if 140 is maintainable but I'm going to give it a shot!

It's interesting how we're all the same height but have such different body types and goals.

The one thing I find very frustrating is that even when I'm thin, I still have to wear L and XL shirts. Oh well, I still wouldn't trade being on the taller side!
  • healthyandthin1
    healthyandthin1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and currently weigh around 142lbs.
    I'd like to get in the 120s range considering I have more of a small frame.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
  • Mermaidyo
    Mermaidyo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and my goal is to be 150. I've never been that before I've always been in the 200s so to be in the 100 wow can't wait.
  • z4lg38
    z4lg38 Posts: 2
    Options
    As for me, doctors and trainers suggest 155 lbs.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8''. I had originally planned to go to about 150, maybe a little lower, but I've been re-evaluating that lately and deciding that is probably a little too low for me. If I get to, say, 158...right around there, I think that will be just fine. I'm already pretty happy with how I look and feel, and I'm only a couple of pounds over the top of the "normal" ranges for my height.
  • Mandy_Jerseygirl
    Mandy_Jerseygirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and remember feeling "fat" when I was at 170 lbs. what a stupid young girl I was! I'd kill to be 170 again. ;)
  • Km0714
    Km0714 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    hello!

I'm 5'8 and my heaviest was about 156 lbs, i am currently down to 140 and i plan to keep going to about 125 or maybe 120! But I think the ideal should be whatever you're happy with and healthy at! good luck! please feel free to add me!
  • HealthyLifestyleG525
    Options
    like a lot of women here: at 160 i look good and at less than 140 I've been told I'm too thin. So somewhere in the middle. Unfortunately I have 80 to 100 pounds to lose to be in that range. Haven't set a goal weight yet...
  • ambr1305
    ambr1305 Posts: 19
    Options
    Must definitely depend on body type. I guess I have a small frame, Im 5'8 and Im smaller on top and have wider hips and thighs. I am currently 133 but would love to be 125(not sure its going to happen, maybe thats too low for me?). I felt I looked too big 140 and up. Generally happy with how I look now and I fit 5/6 in pants xs and s in shirts. Just trying to get that super ripped bod.
  • ambr1305
    ambr1305 Posts: 19
    Options
    Let me know what you did if you get down that far. Ive been trying for months and I havent broken into the 120's. ;/ Im currently 133 and stuck.
  • zumbarock
    zumbarock Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" on the dot! At the beginning of my getting healthy journey a year ago I was 232 lbs. I currently am 163 and would like to get to and maintain a healthy 150!