Apple shaped people (again) Please post Before and After Pix

Options

Replies

• haliebridges10
    haliebridges10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    OMG thank you for posting this!!! I have your exact body frame/shape! Makes me feel good to see how I WILL look after a few more months of hard work!! I've never seen another person with my same build! You look fantastic!!
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say lintlin that I love your hair in your profile picture, sorry for going off topic!
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I was/am an apple shape. My pics are in my profile.
  • Miscoley1986
    Options
    The Key to changing your shape completely wont happen from exercise alone, although its helps to keep you fit you wont see the results you truly want which is the hour glass shape you desire....The shape of our bodies is due to hormones, to much production of testosterone in the ovaries can cause those who are apple shaped to store fat from your waist up, and when the ovaries produce estrogen it stores more fat in the hips and booty. So my advice would be to take an all natural/herbal estrogen or hormonal suppliment daily..along with working out. and see some changes in a few months time. GOOD LUCK LADIES, i too have an apple shape but im going to change that.
  • betterbestbestest
    betterbestbestest Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • julia80
    julia80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and an apple. I lost my apple in 2011 but have gained it all back, starting again now. I will post pics tonight of my first loss...
  • julia80
    julia80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This is from my profile, I'm now 14 pounds heavier than my heavy pic :(

4051787_6213.jpg
  • lucycassingena
    Options
    I, too, am apple shaped :( It sucks! But, with hard work we can change it, ladies! We just have to work a bit harder than women with the other shapes. I would KILL to be a cute little pear shape and I can't even IMAGINE being a va va voom hourglass. Those chicks don't know how good they've got it, I swear lol. I've been doing Jillian Michaels DVDs at home and also spin class twice a week and I've about got mine worked off. Still working on toning up more though.

Here are my before and afters, we CAN get rid of our bellies!!

Janprogress.png

and more recently
    photo20.jpg

Sorry to butt in to the thread, guys, but you ^ don't look like an apple! You look like a pear.

Totally agree deffo a pear :)
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    This is at about 44 pounds lost, about 6 months. I have lost about 23 inches, from all over but most from tummy, thighs, hips. I still want to lose weight, I am continually hovering between 180-182, though it has been a while until I have weighed. I plan to weigh again Friday and hope to be solidly at 180 or a little below. At 5'7" 179 would be just 10 pounds OUTSIDE what is my healthy range, in the short term this is my goal. The first pic is around 231, I actually think it could be a bit higher as I did not weigh at the very beginning and am sure I lost 2-10 pounds the first few weeks of my weight loss.

2iqkht.jpg

The first several months I did virtually no exercise, just more moving, walking, etc, this accounts for the first 38 pounds or so lost. I now exercise regularily doing a variety of things. I just sprained my ankle about three weeks ago and spent some time on crutches, even now I am somewhat limited but still am able to do many of my exercises, some are adapted a bit to not re-aggravate my ankle.
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am definetly an apple shape. I started my journey in Nov-2012 and currently have lost 30lbs. The picture on the left was taken in the summer of 2012 @ 224 lbs and the picture on the right was taken the beginning of March-13 @ 194. Add me if you would like, I am always looking for new/more motovational friends.
    Thanks.
    706f057e-c2f3-4cd9-ac64-b3bdc0868b5b_zps7b91f018.jpg
  • Mission145
    Mission145 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look so AMAZING!!! :)
  • naseak
    naseak Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I haven't even really thought about what kind of shape my body is...so I wasn't even sure what kind of body shape mine would be called. So I read up on it:

Determining Your Body Shape http://365voice.com/fitness-friday-knowing-your-body-type/

Before you can perform the right exercises for your body, you need to determine which type of body shape you have.

Hourglass: Women with an hourglass shape are often envied by all of their friends. This is because hourglasses have well-proportioned upper and lower bodies, with a distinctively narrow waist. However, if you are an hourglass, you may find that you tend to gain weight all over your body, particularly in your hips and chest area. Hourglasses tend to be endomorphs or mesomorphs.

Pear: Pear-shaped women tend to have larger lower bodies and smaller upper bodies. If you are a pear, you will find that your hips are slightly wider than your shoulders and that you tend to gain weight below your waist. Pears usually have small chests and flat stomachs. Most pears are mesomorphs.

Apple: Apples are generally bigger on the top half of their bodies than on the bottom half. They commonly have slim hips and a large chest and stomach. Apples tend to gain weight above the waist or along the backside. The majority of apples are mesomorphs or endomorphs.

Ruler: Women with a ruler shape tend to be waif-like and slim. Rulers have no large differences between the size of their hips, waists, and shoulders. Rulers tend to put on weight in their stomach and backside, while maintaining slender arms and legs. Most rulers are ectomorphs.

Looking at all the photos posted so far and reading the different descriptions, I have an apple-shaped body as well. I hate my wide hips and my belly. I have had so much difficulty getting rid of fat around my belly...what have been some of the things you've tried my apple-shaped friends?

Thanks for sharing this, I wasn't sure if I was an Apple or a hour glass. I'm thinking hour glass (I get fat all over:) Althought he belly is an issue
  • sasarafo
    sasarafo Posts: 18
    Options
    I was kinda shocked when I opened this thread. I remember reading this back in April of 2012 and thinking there is NO WAY I would ever get rid of my apple. Big gut for life!

But I did it :)

Well I have excess skin issues (not so much from being heavy but three ginormous babies) but it is a fraction of what it was! I can't believe it has been a whole year almost!
  • iamlaprell
    iamlaprell Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I don't have any "AFTER" pics because I have not reached my goal yet but I do have in progress pics and I am a textbook apple shape. I am seeing a loss in belly fat though, so hope this helps.

Front_zps3d3c4dab.jpg

Side2_zpsbefd9043.jpg

Side1_zps9078d13e.jpg
  • thirstyflea
    thirstyflea Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JewelSmith
    JewelSmith Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Way to go Apples!! I needed this. I am 5'4" I have a very short torso and an hour glass is merely a dream. I am just hoping to see some sort of an waist, thighs that don't rub together and a stomach that does not pudge below the belly button. I am currently 139 and my goal weight 125. Any Apple Lady can feel free to add me!
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I am a total apple shape.

At 4'10.5" I used to have around a 36" waist and 40" hip at around 150 to 160 pounds.

At 105 lbs with healthy eating, weight training, and HIIT my waist is 26.75" and hips are 31." I still have a very round tummy that looks odd and distended (the curse of the apple shape), but I am working on reducing my body fat more and will get as much definition in my abs as is genetically possible. The only negative is that my waist hip ratio is about the same as when I started, .85. That's genetics.

My clothing size went down from around a woman's 14 to a woman's 2, or junior's size 14.
  • Trisha_e
    Trisha_e Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm an appe shaped gal. Losing the belly fat is my goal..because I look pregnant and some old lady actually said 'when's the baby due?'
  • mnqi
    mnqi Posts: 36
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your pictures....fellow apples. way to go.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Bump to look at later :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!