Wife read 50 Shades, won't stop

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Get her some real erotica novels. You're welcome.

This.

There is so much better to be had out there.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Give her the paddle! She loves it, trust me. :wink:

which one, the ping pong one? the old school days one? the tawse (scottish one) or the best kind...the electric bug zapper one for that extra zing?

i'm very well versed in paddle terminology...

:bigsmile:

Think Dazed and Confused.

(sad pands) and again...my lack of media cultural exposure leaves me in the dust...

sighs.
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with going to sexual therapy/counseling - much of the activity is more about relationship satisfaction then actual sexual activities. And you might discover how to satisfy role playing without actually going to the full BDSM side of things. I would actually suggest that over attending a BDSM session first since, what if she did discover she really does like the BDSM and then you are left with divorce as your option? It doesn’t sound like you want a divorce.
    Uh, what's wrong with the BDSM side? Why does BDSM have to lead to divorce?

BDSM led to my marriage.
  • KristinPowell87
    KristinPowell87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Get her some real erotica novels. You're welcome.

Ditto!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of having the opposite problem. My HUSBAND read it (listened to it in the car) and has turned into a horney 18-year-old again (he's 56!). He pestered me to read the book, too, thinking I'd have the same reaction. I have not. The book is so hideously stupid I can barely get through it. The woman in the book is a complete idiot. Your protagonist is supposed to be SOMEWHAT sympathetic, but I find myself wanting her to drop into a hole and disappear somewhere. I wish I had advice for you, but I guess I need some, too. I'll be watching to see what others think!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Leave her purely fore her awful taste in literature.

YES A BILLION TIMES YES! BEST COMMENT!!!
    + 1 more. The phrase "My inner goddess" makes me want to puke! :sick:
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Can't help ya, Burt, but I know you're a smart fellow and I'm confident you'll figure it out.

Now I want to talk about ME.

I see a therapist for depression. My first session there, I mentioned that I was thinking about getting a pilates reformer. She encouraged me to do so because exercise is good for depression.

Next time I went in (a couple weeks later), I told her that I had gone ahead and bought one. She says, "Ok, so what is that again?" and I explain it to her ("Like a sliding bench that you lie on, with a baseboard for your feet, and handles at the end of straps for arm/leg extension exercises"), and she says, "Ok, yeah yeah, I know what that is, I saw one at my gym and I wanted to be sure that's what you were talking about. It looks like something out of 50 Shades of Grey!"

Ok, I am not unfamiliar with the lifestyle and previously quite enjoyed the fetish scene--though I haven't read the books because, well, I don't want to--but nothing about sex had come up in our previous session and I just thought it was WEIRD that she so casually dropped that. I know it's probably because the books are so mainstream (and I did mention I love to read before), but STILL. Weird.

The end. Thank you for letting me share.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with going to sexual therapy/counseling - much of the activity is more about relationship satisfaction then actual sexual activities. And you might discover how to satisfy role playing without actually going to the full BDSM side of things. I would actually suggest that over attending a BDSM session first since, what if she did discover she really does like the BDSM and then you are left with divorce as your option? It doesn’t sound like you want a divorce.
    Uh, what's wrong with the BDSM side? Why does BDSM have to lead to divorce?
    BDSM led to my marriage.
    Is that good or bad? LOL

I mean the marriage, not the BDSM...
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    I hope she called you sir when she pouted. Step one: give her a schedule.
  • ramonafrincu
    ramonafrincu Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You should read that book as well and you will understand. I can't believe a man is complaining that his wife wants more from the sex life with her husband. You should appreciate and stop being boring!!! Otherwise she will find someone more open to spicy life...
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    would bang....your wife that is...

you're welcome.

Edited: to make my inner goddess throw up.
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Time for you to visit the toy store
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    There I was, lying on the bed covered in motor oil... she walked in with a saddle & a set of jumper cables.

LOL!!!!!

Some people have a hard time separating fiction from reality. I def think some counseling should be sought.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Amazon has a fantastic selection and discreet shipping...
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    You should tie her up and tickle her senseless. That always keeps me in check!

Hate being tickled. :grumble:
    tumblr_m7ldrrGQJq1qdlh1io1_400.gif

That would seriously piss me off. And that other pic you posted awhile back where she was duct-taped to the wall. I cringed. I am so damn ticklish just the threat alone is enough to make me laugh like an idiot.

This is one of my hard limit

no that I practice that kind of thing. :blushing:
  • GeekTink
    GeekTink Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You need to sit her down and let her know how uncomfortable this is for you. Just be honest.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Im in the same Boat :/

My Mrs has read all the Greys, and now moved on to some of the most disgusting, wet, vial, hot, and indecent, books she can find.

Its becoming a nasty habit.

THEN, when I get home from work, she makes me sit there while she reads out the WORST parts!! :/

Its F***ing awesome!
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    She's trying to goad you into a pseudo-M/s or TiH relationship. She acts bratty and you're supposed to punish her for being bad.

Little does she know that Fifty Shades Grey is to BDSM what Star Wars is to religion...

Send her to FetLife and she'll learn the truth.

This. I have a link to a fetlife account she could check out LMAO
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Your wife doesn't get out much, does she Burt? 50 Shades was boring. Be thankful she didn't think so. :blushing:
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Amazon has a fantastic selection and discreet shipping...
    Don't forget the kegal pods:)
This discussion has been closed.