Wife read 50 Shades, won't stop

Options

Replies

• Devpsych
    Devpsych Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    1) You are both adults.... how about you sit her down and ask her what is going on and ask her about how she felt about what she read.
    2) Thou not the best literature, the book has allowed women who have never felt comfortable reading this kind of material,, to have a chance to. This may have caused her to have a fascination with it (thou the book is more about getting out of such a life style than one getting into it).
    3) Try telling her if that is what she wants to try, she needs to keep it in the bedroom and not in your everyday life, and you might be willing to give it a try (tie her up, hell... spank her if that is what she thinks she wants... after a good spanking she might just change her mind, if not,, you get to take some of your frustration out on her *kitten*...lol)
    4) You might try reading the book so you can see what she is having going through her mind, it might help you understand what is up with her, and make you realize that the book is not about the topic as extensive and you may think it is... so you may have some idea what might help her to stop this behavior in front of the children, if you started bringing some of it into the bedroom (again, not as extreme as you think.. the worst thing that happened.. the character hated.. and the guy changed accordingly (eventually..lol)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    If that really upsets you, don't let her read the "Please, Sir" series.

You'll be miserable.

*taking notes on all these books we shouldnt read...are they on kindle? hmmm...* :tongue:

might add to my list.
  • kimmynw1
    kimmynw1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    1) You are both adults.... how about you sit her down and ask her what is going on and ask her about how she felt about what she read.
    2) Thou not the best literature, the book has allowed women who have never felt comfortable reading this kind of material,, to have a chance to. This may have caused her to have a fascination with it (thou the book is more about getting out of such a life style than one getting into it).
    3) Try telling her if that is what she wants to try, she needs to keep it in the bedroom and not in your everyday life, and you might be willing to give it a try (tie her up, hell... spank her if that is what she thinks she wants... after a good spanking she might just change her mind, if not,, you get to take some of your frustration out on her *kitten*...lol)
    4) You might try reading the book so you can see what she is having going through her mind, it might help you understand what is up with her, and make you realize that the book is not about the topic as extensive and you may think it is... so you may have some idea what might help her to stop this behavior in front of the children, if you started bringing some of it into the bedroom (again, not as extreme as you think.. the worst thing that happened.. the character hated.. and the guy changed accordingly (eventually..lol)

This!
    That book does strange and wonderful things to us women! Trust me give some of it a shot........it will do wonders for your sex life and your marriage!
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    That book does strange and wonderful things to us women!
    Now to get your husbands to do strange and wonderful things to you...
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    That book does strange and wonderful things to us women!
    Now to get your husbands to do strange and wonderful things to you...

Some guys just miss the memo though.
    To the OP's wife, KEEP TRYING!!!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    with love,
    nola

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

love your profile pic OP
  • vblair77
    vblair77 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have never read the 50 Shades books. But I do enjoy my fetlife account and I have made some good friends that I can relate to. And I also enjoy naughty books by other authors. However, I sympethize with the OP. While venturing into this lifestyle did not directly contribute to the demise of my marriage (his infidelity did!), it sure didnt help repair it. My spouse is/was in no way interested, no amount of my trying OR boozing him up (hoping to have my naughty way with him) helped. Some people just DONT dig it. It sucks. So he is looking for his vanilla soul mate (while simultaneously dragging me to the church clerks office so they can talk sense into me hahaa), and I'm just enjoying posts like these where I am reminded that there is nothing wrong with me.
  • goldenbuni
    Options
    I don't buy a word of this, but it makes for a giggle. :laugh:
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My wife tried to read 50 Shades, wouldn't stop laughing at how horrible it was.

She read some of it to me and, well, yeah, it's really bad.

I really don't understand why people like it.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I have never read the 50 Shades books. But I do enjoy my fetlife account and I have made some good friends that I can relate to. And I also enjoy naughty books by other authors. However, I sympethize with the OP. While venturing into this lifestyle did not directly contribute to the demise of my marriage (his infidelity did!), it sure didnt help repair it. My spouse is/was in no way interested, no amount of my trying OR boozing him up (hoping to have my naughty way with him) helped. Some people just DONT dig it. It sucks. So he is looking for his vanilla soul mate (while simultaneously dragging me to the church clerks office so they can talk sense into me hahaa), and I'm just enjoying posts like these where I am reminded that there is nothing wrong with me.
    Sorry to hear you got stuck with a Vanilla Less-Than-Thrilla. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. I frankly think there's something wrong with people that try to paint BDSM like it is some sort of abuse!
  • Michelle81285
    Options
    I don't see how this is a problem...
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Seriously??? Whats WRONG with you dude!! Give her what she wants!!! Bend her over the kitchen table if you have to! GEEZ!!
  • Rixx31
    Rixx31 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many more posts this thread would have if the OP simply added 3 dots to the end of the Topic title.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Tell her you only want to "make love" in missionary for the rest of your marriage. With shirts on.
  • adopt321
    adopt321 Posts: 111
    Options
    While I don't agree with her behavior, especially if you have kids that she should be a role model for. However, I don't understand this with men. I don't get it. Nothing personal Burt but seriously, I don't get it... Women hit their sexual prime in their 30s - go with it! Complete free reign and there's no interest???? Huh??? Maybe some guys reading this post could enlighten us girls.
    When I bring it up with her, she gets very wide eyed and breathless and starts talking about punishments. If she's talking about what I think she's talking about, I'm not interested at all.
  • vblair77
    vblair77 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Tell her you only want to "make love" in missionary for the rest of your marriage. With shirts on.

hahaha ok this literally cracked me up!!!
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options

I have read the 50 Shades Books (first two) at the request of my partner of 11 years. We have always had a kinky side and our role plays sometimes ventured into what transpires is a Dom/sub role. We argued a lot, so much so that a seperation was seen as inevitable, until she asked me to read those books. What ensued was an open discussion about some of the aspects of those books that excited us, and a confession that she desired very much to be a submissive. My submissive in fact. We talked more, researched plenty and have now adopted this as our lifestyle together.

The arguments have all but disappeared, we are more aware and attentive to each others moods, needs and desires and (without going into any detail) are way better as a couple. I like who I am now (as a Dom) more than I liked who I was before. We are both looking forward to our future.

What I'm trying to express is the view that it is important to keep an open mind on many things. Challenge your paradigms and don't be afraid to communicate or ask for what you want.
  • HannahsBestLife
    HannahsBestLife Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    See, this is why I don't allow my women to learn how to read.

Also, keep eating food and drinking so there are alays dishes to be done, that will help keep in the kitchen.

Hahahahaha awesome
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Thinking I need to seriously read those books! I know my husband wouldn't mind it getting a bit wilder. Kids need to see affection from their parents....that is healthy.
  • ridofthegoodies
    ridofthegoodies Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Anything that includes "laters baby" as an actual phrase doesn't count as literature.
This discussion has been closed.