Female Endomorphs - Before and After Pics (And Tips?)

Options

Replies

• alexiaans
    alexiaans Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    This is really awesome! I see now patience is my issue, I am following all the steps as far as excercise and diet is concerned. Guess I need to come back and post some afters eventually.

Slow and steady does win the race...especially if you are an Endomorph :-)

I'll take a Beyonce booty any day! :-)
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mf5d5lXc871rryfeho1_1280.jpg

Freaking awesome progress, BTW!

(sorry, idk how to resize, will have to right click and view in another tab still) grr

tumblr_mhnuh27DsN1rryfeho1_500.jpg
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i'm definitely an endomorph. took me a YEAR to lose 10 lbs....i always fluctuate. i gain SO easily but it's a struggle to take weight off.

i love lifting and i'm getting muscular definition in my arms and legs (yay!!!)--but still struggle with the tummy area. damn slow metabolism!!!!
  • ebonie101
    ebonie101 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mf5d5lXc871rryfeho1_1280.jpg

(sorry, idk how to resize, will have to right click and view in another tab still) grr

thank you!!!!! and if i upload to photobucket will that do it??
  • lacurandera1
    Options
    I'm not sure if that will resize it but it may. Also, photobucket has (on the right hand side of the screen) img code for the pics. You just change the upper case IMG at the beginning and end to lower case and paste.
  • ebonie101
    Options
    f990c993.png

heres pictures of my back before and afters
  • ebonie101
    Options
    02f11ecd-687b-4411-9c8f-72a37a00055c_zpse9f29932.jpg

tumblr_mhnuh27DsN1rryfeho1_500.jpg

think i fixed it
  • Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I took the quiz, and it said I'm between a mesomorph and an endomorph, but I DEFINITELY have all of the endo characteristics over meso. In 2010, I lost about 30 pounds on a low carb diet (Carbohydrate Addicts' Diet... Practically starved myself! Bad!) but then gained it all back in the only 4 months of college I've ever gone to. :| And I was trying to eat a pretty balanced diet off "the diet" and walking several blocks back and forth every day!

Anyhow, if you ladies would be kind enough to do so, could someone please give me some tips on how to start lifting weights? I have no idea where to look or where to begin. What worked for you?
    To note, I just started eating TDEE - 20% a couple of days ago, and I have been doing some cardio on my treadmill for about 3 weeks now (and have been increasing time/speed.) I also have been doing calisthenics for about 2 weeks.
  • Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    f990c993.png

Wow! You look awesome! (: Good job!!
    I look quite a bit like you in your "before" photos. Hope I can look as healthy as you someday soon!
  • ebonie101
    Options
    02f11ecd-687b-4411-9c8f-72a37a00055c_zpse9f29932.jpg

tumblr_matfs9MTlm1rryfeho1_1280_zpsb3abef58.jpg
    2ed6edd1-6aa8-4cf9-92e5-f673ed3fba97_zps60823979.jpg
    progress_zps6517e771.jpg

think i fixed it but heres my progress as an endomorph for OP and others
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm

Here's a "quiz" to see what your body type is. I think it might make the distinctions a little easier.

I love this ^^^ girl :heart: . I think most people are actually a balance of meso/endo.. I'm much more there than an extreme endo.. We have a tendency to think if someone has a couple of extra pounds they're an endomorph or if they're slim they're automatically a ecto.. so not the case.

HA, learned so much reading through this post. I took the quiz and found I'm a mix of meso/endo. I gain weight so incredibly easy, BUT with diet/exercise, I'm able to lose it relatively quickly.

Never knew the terms for these body types…interesting stuff! I'll continue to eat clean and do my HIIT workouts...and this time, I won't ever stop!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Somatotypes with regard to body composition are really about bone structure, however using somatotypes in the context of someones predisposition to gain/hold onto fat more readily or not - endomorphs just need to do the same thing as usual - you may just have to be more patient. There is no science behind what you should eat or the way you should train depending on what somatotype you are.
  • lacurandera1
    Options
    Kairi, there's a few beginner's programs that people on here seem to swear by that will be enough to get you started. New Rules of Lifting for women, Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5x5. I don't do any of these so i might be wrong, but from what I've gathered, Starting Strength gives the best fundamental knowledge base (lots of pictures, etc for good form).
  • ebonie101
    Options
    f990c993.png

Wow! You look awesome! (: Good job!!
    I look quite a bit like you in your "before" photos. Hope I can look as healthy as you someday soon!

thank you :) and believe it or not most of that is toning! some 5 pound dumbells and jillian michaels did the trick
  • daborn526
    daborn526 Posts: 32
    Options
    For Brittany:
    Typical traits of an Endomorph:

Soft and round body
    Gains muscle and fat very easily
    Is generally short
    "Stocky" build
    Round physique
    Finds it hard to lose fat
    Slow metabolism
    Muscles not so well defined

When it comes to training endomorphs find it very easy to gain weight. Unfortunately, a large portion of this weight is fat not muscle. To keep fat gain to a minimum, endomorphs must always train cardio as well as weights. Usually supplements may not be needed as long as the person has a high protein intake in their diet.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I think I am an Endomorph.. my advice would be to cut out white stuff, starches, unnecessary sugar.. I don't eat more than 25g of sugar a day, averaging slightly half of that amount most of the time. I don't refer to my change as diet.. it's just common sense and a new lifestyle. I train atleast 6x days a week, this past week has been busy with work so I have worked out 3x while watching what I eat. Workouts include HIIT, kettlebells, 30DS, some Insanity, treadmill and heavy lifting (and I don't mean dumbbells you use at home.. more like 30+lbs dumbbells from the gym)

I eat atleast 1700 a day now, slowly eating more cals cause of how frequently I exercise. Those are my tips.. breaking a plateau is easy - trick your body. Some people will have to eat their maintenance cals for a day or two then eat 300 less, others cycle their cals. I have found cycling works wonders.. eat over what MFP and other calculators tell you. As long as it's healthy, low in sugar and sodium you'll be fine.

Here are my results from Jan 1 til 10 days ago.. I have had two kids and not looking for that flat ab look.. just looking to fit into nice clothes. I am fitter now than I have ever been in my life.

Postpartum:
    5b8fw5.jpg

Day 8:
    xlxetu.jpg

19593344_9446.jpg

19593344_9764.jpg
  • Dawnomite
    Dawnomite Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    very interesting thread!! Great progress to those who posted pics!!
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    iphonepics261.jpg
    before...

iphonepics023.jpg
    current...

I have no idea if I am one or not but from what I read it sounds like I am. I am stalled at losing the last 10lbs. I have been stalled for nearly 2 years now :(. Any advise?
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I, in no way, mean to be offensive, but couldn't most overweight people be considered "endomorph"? I had to look up what endomorph was, so this question comes from complete ignorance. Just curious.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm

Here's a "quiz" to see what your body type is. I think it might make the distinctions a little easier.

According to this, I'm a mesomorph. That shocks me quite a bit, but maybe that's because I have been fat my entire adult life and never saw my muscles, lol

Anyway, please endomorph ladies, proceed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!