How young is too young?

Options
Cr01502
Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
I'm 29 years old and the other day I met this girl at the gym. We really hit it off! I asked her out for a cup of coffee and she told me she was only 17 years old! She still gave me her number though. Over here in the UK it's ok to date anyone over the age of 16 so I was wondering if it's ok if I call her?

Replies

• sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Go for it, but don't call between 9 and 3.30 as she'll be in the classroom and you don't want her in detention.......oh wait, maybe you want to put her in detention :laugh:
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 years old and the other day I met this girl at the gym. We really hit it off! I asked her out for a cup of coffee and she told me she was only 17 years old! She still gave me her number though. Over here in the UK it's ok to date anyone over the age of 16 so I was wondering if it's ok if I call her?
    Half your age plus seven so shes too young by 4.5 years!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    You do want you want sweets..my husbands is 11 years older than me. If you like her, go for a coffee and see how you get on. But I will say, 17 is young, if she was 27 and you were 12 years older that seems more acceptable. But it's your choice..good luck!! :wink:
  • Cr01502
    Options
    Thanks for your replies!

But we do have alot in common and I really feel a connection with her. Isn't age just a number anyways?

Especially when it comes to love?
  • sandradev1
    Options
    Half your age plus seven so shes too young by 4.5 years!

You just cheered me up buddy......let me see...my age/2 + 7 = :bigsmile:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

really!?

she isnt old enough to drink....

her parents are going to LOVE you... in fact you'll probably get on really well given that you're the same age!!!
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Shes pretty much an adult. If your both happy go for it. Age don't mean jack.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Don't go there man.

Far too young imo.
  • Cr01502
    Options

really!?

her parents are going to LOVE you... in fact you'll probably get on really well given that you're the same age!!!

LOL! :laugh:

Her parents are well into their 50s though I already asked about them. Apparently her dad is with the police. :grumble:
  • Cr01502
    Options

Thank you.

THis is what I was thinking.

I mean when she's 30 and I'm 45 is it really going to matter?
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options

Thank you.

yeah I work with teens. Unless she's exceptionally advanced in the life-experience stakes, or you're exceptionally un-advanced, it's a bit dodgy.

29-17 is NOT the same as 30-45 ....
  • ShanShan722
    Options
    You are obviously second-guessing yourself, follow your higher instincts. 17 years old is a world away from 29. Don't be a creeper, find someone in your own demographic.
  • Cr01502
    Options

Thank you.

yeah I work with teens. Unless she's exceptionally advanced in the life-experience stakes, or you're exceptionally un-advanced, it's a bit dodgy.

But what if we went bowling or ice skating or something?

It's not like I owuld get her drunk or anything like that.

I'm trying to be responsible about this.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options

No, you're not. You're the adult, you need to make the call and back off. Think about if you had a 17 year old daughter and she was going out with a 29 year old guy. Would you be happy?
  • sandradev1
    Options

Thank you.

But what if we went bowling or ice skating or something?

It's not like I owuld get her drunk or anything like that.

Or you could just 'hang out' with her and her mates at the local park while you get to know her. Don't forget the cans and vodka though or her friends may not be amused. :drinker:
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Nope. Creepy.
  • Cr01502
    Options
    Nope. Creepy.

That was rude. If you don't have anything nice to say why bother commenting!
  • ValleyNikki
    Options
    Seriously...be realistic , you know the chances of this resulting in anything long term are small . If thats even what you want .

Ive been in a situation similar to this , ...my friends all thought the guy was a creeper .
    GUESS WHAT ? HE WAS .

She has issues that she needs to work on if she would consider someone that much older imo .

It may work in some cases , but this is my oppinion on the whole thing .
  • LouisianaHott
    Options

really!?

LOL! :laugh:

Her parents are well into their 50s though I already asked about them. Apparently her dad is with the police. :grumble:

What her parents don't know won't hurt. I say go for it. Just remember condoms you don't want to have to explain her getting pregnant.
  • Cr01502
    Options
    Seriously...be realistic , you know the chances of this resulting in anything long term are small . If thats even what you want .

my friends all thought the guy was a creeper .
    GUESS WHAT ? HE WAS .

She has issues that she needs to work on if she would consider someone that much older imo .

It may work in some cases , but this is my oppinion on the whole thing .

Thanks. I think I am genuinely trying to do the right thing.

Who is society to say who we can and can't love.

I mean a few years ago gay marraige was out of the question.

Now look!