How young is too young?

Options

Replies

• danyelhess
    Options
    You can go for it since its legal. Its scary her dad is in the police but if you have coffee and that's all its okay. If it's going to be more meet the parents. I had dated a man 10 years older than me and we had alot of stuff in common, I am extremely mature for my age and he may have been a little immature for his age. The problem lied where he was hesitant to introduce me to his friends and him to mine as such and also when we talked about our problems in life we were completely different he had debt and was working a job he hated, I was finishing up classes and applying to college. He graduated college 7 years before I would start it. It made me feel alot of pressure to try and keep up with him and not talk about childish things. would I do it again, probably but better communication and a high tolerance of judgments are needed. I also live by the rule of 13 years. If your 13 years older, which you aren't, it may be much. Why 13? Because you could physically have a child her age. Idk if that makes sense. 20 years for later on in life, after all a 60 year old doesn't want to have to love/start over with someone new when they outlive the other by 20 or even 30 years. Men typically die younger than women so keep that in mind.
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    urgh no creepy,
    Im 22 and I wouldn't go out with anyone who is 29,

I'm also 22, and yeah, I'd second think someone 29-30 myself. I'm not saying I wouldn't now, but at 17? I barely knew myself at 17, it's young, you learn a lot about everything when you have to start deciding on 'life', and that doesn't usually start much until after high school. Sure, it could work, but it's bordering on inappropriate. The argument that when she's 30, you're only 45 isn't in your favour; that's two adults who've lived and worked and grown into people and the age gap is no longer an experience gap as well. I was a mature 17 year old, and I wouldn't have been giving my number to someone that much older; I'd think it odd they were interested after they realised.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I'm from Asia. We have a strict policy of old enough to bleed, old enough to breed

That is seriously disgusting and I am reporting it for obvious reasons.
    Creep.

I'm sorry but do you live here? Are you aware of our culture? In many religions here, after the first period a girl is considered of age to be married.

Just because you don't know the old cultures or don't agree with them doesn't make them disgusting. Your ignorance makes me disgusted. Feel free to reply with where you come from and I can point out what I find disgusting about the culture YOU have

PS. Reporting YOUR post for attacking an entire culture, religion and me. Also because you're too ignorant to be on a decent support forum.

Peace

The person who replied to your comment was disgusted by how you worded it. It's nothing about difference in culture.
  • susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Not feeding the troll.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I'm from Asia. We have a strict policy of old enough to bleed, old enough to breed

Creep.

I'm sorry but do you live here? Are you aware of our culture? In many religions here, after the first period a girl is considered of age to be married.

Just because you don't know the old cultures or don't agree with them doesn't make them disgusting. Your ignorance makes me disgusted. Feel free to reply with where you come from and I can point out what I find disgusting about the culture YOU have

PS. Reporting YOUR post for attacking an entire culture, religion and me. Also because you're too ignorant to be on a decent support forum.

Peace

The person who replied to your comment was disgusted by how you worded it. It's nothing about difference in culture.

I worded it because this is pretty much the translation of how its said here. Like I said, after the first period, a girl is considered an adult and can get married. And here marriage is pretty much another word for breeding.

I don't think she's offended with my wording. If she is, well then I was in the wrong. However, its still ignorant of her part to assume things without knowing other cultures
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    For me its too big a difference. I'm not sure what a 29 year old has in relation to a 17 year old.

That said, once you hit towards the mid 20's a 10-15 year gap to me isn't that strange, if thats the right word, but at 17 to me, she's still just a girl and not yet a young woman/lady.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Looked at his profile didn't say anything about him living in the US until 5 years ago.

It says "I'm originally from San Diego California but have been living in England for the past five years now."

So one can assume he's lived in the US until 5 years ago.

How can one jump to that conclusion or make that assumption? You are aware there are over 200 other countries beside the US and England...
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I was in a relationship with a man 8 years older than I when I was in high school, and it was a huge mistake. I was an absolute psycho back then. We had to keep our relationship a secret, and all my friends hated him. He ended up dumping me for a girl he met online, married her, and divorced her in a year.

This probably won't happen to you, but if I could go back, I probably wouldn't have even answered his phone call.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    And you don't seem like a decent guy. I read your profile picture to get an idea of who you are and I saw " (Add me if) 3) You find me attractive and could possibly see yourself sleeping with me."

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah....Don't be a creeper. Find a girl around your own age.

I'm just being honest.

Would you prefer I write.

"I'm here to help you on your fitness journey."

When really I'm just admiring how good your butt looks in yoga pants?

Get a life.
  • taunto
    Options
    And you don't seem like a decent guy. I read your profile picture to get an idea of who you are and I saw " (Add me if) 3) You find me attractive and could possibly see yourself sleeping with me."

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah....Don't be a creeper. Find a girl around your own age.

I'm just being honest.

Would you prefer I write.

"I'm here to help you on your fitness journey."

When really I'm just admiring how good your butt looks in yoga pants?

Get a life.

Truth is creepy on these forums apparently.

Educating other people on what goes on in other countries is disgusting.

And obese people are curvy
  • Angelikajohnston
    Options
    If person really wants to be young then one should take care of his health and fitness on the daily basis. Healthy eating intake of nutrition's can make you more young and attractive
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If person really wants to be young then one should take care of his health and fitness on the daily basis. Healthy eating intake of nutrition's can make you more young and attractive

32084607.jpg
  • Cr01502
    Options

I'm not trying to "be" young.

I just happen to be attracted to someone that is younger than me!

Is that really such a big deal?!
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    How can one jump to that conclusion or make that assumption? You are aware there are over 200 other countries beside the US and England...

Hm? I didn't say there weren't? It doesn't matter what country it is, A person from the US knows the age gap stigma of the US. Well there's always exceptions, but I'm pretty sure its like that with any place.

I guess it could be wrong of me to make a logical conclusion from the information provided, but I would say its pretty reasonable.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options

Creep.

Peace

I worded it because this is pretty much the translation of how its said here. Like I said, after the first period, a girl is considered an adult and can get married. And here marriage is pretty much another word for breeding.

I don't think she's offended with my wording. If she is, well then I was in the wrong. However, its still ignorant of her part to assume things without knowing other cultures
    i know a girl who started her periods at 9y/o.

in countries where childbirth in underdeveloped girls is common, so is death in childbirth and fistula. just because something is common to a culture, doesn't make it moral and decent. it is not ignorant to want girls to be allowed to develop fully before they are forced to live as adults. it is not ignorant to want to prevent the deaths of both mothers and infants. it IS ignorant to ignore medical science, the welfare of women and morality in favour of ''culture''.
  • Lieann22
    Lieann22 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    When I was 17 I was in a relationship with a 24 yr old......not a huge difference, but he was called all the names under the sun and mocked for it.....you don't want to be THAT guy!!

Maybe aim for 20 plus, not saying don't bag yourself a young hottie, just 17 is a tad young.
  • Cr01502
    Options
    When I was 17 I had a relationship with an 27yo man it didn't work out! We was together 2 years we broke up because he was immature not me!

Wow! See this totally proves my point! Age is JUST a number!

And just for the record everyone keeps calling me a thirty year old.

I'M NOT A 30 YEAR OLD!!

I'm 29!
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My grandparents met when my grandmother was 15 and my grandfather was 27. They got married when she was 17 and he was 29. They had five children and six grandchildren. They were married for 63 years.
  • taunto
    Options

Creep.

Peace

i know a girl who started her periods at 9y/o.

in countries where childbirth in underdeveloped girls is common, so is death in childbirth and fistula. just because something is common to a culture, doesn't make it moral and decent. it is not ignorant to want girls to be allowed to develop fully before they are forced to live as adults. it is not ignorant to want to prevent the deaths of both mothers and infants. it IS ignorant to ignore medical science, the welfare of women and morality in favour of ''culture''.

lol yeah let me ignore thousands of years of wisdom and culture in the name of science that is what? 50 years old?

Need I remind you that not too long ago, doctors caused more fatalities at the time of child birth compared to the old ladies who'd deliver? Wheres your science then?

Or how about, you keep your nose out of my culture and keep whatever fad you got going on to your own country huh?
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    smell like troll up in here

Exactly what I was thinking. Looks like a troll post to me.