What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,242 Member
    I really need to get off my lazy butt and hook up my phone to get my pics off of it...
  • I have five minutes to make breakfast! ...eggs on toast, wrap in a napkin and go! Maybe I need to get up earlier? lol
  • SummerMM1
    SummerMM1 Posts: 94 Member
    Lots of good food and they look so yummy!!!! Going to have to make some, thanks :happy:
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    dry pan-fried, crispy skinned salmon with lemon herb seasoning, spicy oven baked sweet potato fries, asparagus and baby spinach with a little vinegar and seasoning. devoured this; so yummy.

Your oven baked sweet potato fries look amazing! I still cannot get my crispy. They are always a soggy fry. :laugh:

I just toss them in the tiniest bit of oil maybe 1/4 of a teaspoon, a little minced garlic and some cayenne/herbs. Popped them in the oven, spread out on a metal tray so they aren't really touching and I leave them in low and slow rather than fast. About 150 c for 40 or so minutes, just shuffled them about every so often.
  • KC7997
    KC7997 Posts: 69 Member
    This thread makes me hungry!

AKA: Bump. (hehe)
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    New recipes I've done tonight. Haven't put them into MFP yet so not sure of the macros, but my estimates puts this meal at under 400 calories. Unintentionally all vegan, too: homemade tofu and shiitake gyoza with "General Tso's Chicken" - made with faux chicken and eggplant.

I've entered the recipes on MFP and here are the stats (Cals/Carbs/Fat/Protein)

Gyoza: 46/7/1/2 per gyoza
    General Tso's "chicken": 171/17/1/18 per one third of recipe.
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    8579875092_e7ab03deb1.jpg
    Brunch out; toasted lamb wrap with cucumber, tomato, lettuce, tatziki, and onion. And a pineapple, lime and mint frappe.

8579874614_2f49b281cc.jpg
    Stirfry veg with rice vermicelli, chill garlic prawns
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    I have been experimenting making homemade versions of 'junk food'.

Chorizo, mushroom, pepper, onion and chicken pizza:

481338_10152638080090461_50771394_n_zpsa49e262a.jpg

Kofte kebab with chips:

099df875-6223-4fdf-9312-3ed24496bd48_zps991b5688.jpg
  • kimmykimmy77
    kimmykimmy77 Posts: 47 Member
    Can't figure out how to upload the picture! Coooooooool :(
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Bumping this!!!!
  • RAREBIRDART
    RAREBIRDART Posts: 100 Member
    544566_10151310693192046_224290344_n.jpg

Big Mac Casserole

233 Calories per serving (picture shows, two servings.)
    + 80 calories for 2 tbls of thousand island dressing.
  • icyblue13
    icyblue13 Posts: 18 Member
    My lunch

Pizza with tomato sauce, zucchini and feta cheese (less than 300 kcal). The crust is from Blogilates (http://www.blogilates.com/recipe-index/healthiest-pizza-in-the-world), it obviously doesn't taste like real pizza but it's good.
    Salad with celery and a clementine.

XKUrMZExpy.jpeg
  • Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    Bump! Saving this for later, can't wait to try some of these. (: Looks delicious!
  • thefitfriend
    thefitfriend Posts: 65 Member
    bump
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Both that lam wrap and Kofte kebab are drool worthy - Mmmm...

IMG_20130322_074109_zpsa941b46c.jpg
    Breakfast of champions - Cinnamon, PB, Mango, Blueberry Protein Smoothie with loads of spinach. Best ever.
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    YUUUUUM!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Chocolate almond strusel

IMG_20130322_125939.jpg

Chocolate banana pancakes

IMG_20130322_191441.jpg
  • peachezncreme
    peachezncreme Posts: 60 Member
    Some recent eats, my first attempt at all of these recipes:

1) Raspberry Protein Fluff

It was awesome and ridiculously filling. I couldn't even eat half in one sitting and I was starving.

2) Peanut butter swirl protein brownies

78 calories per serve and very very delicious.

3) Cauliflower pizza crust

This one was so good I forgot to take a shot after I added toppings and baked. I ate it very quickly. The macros were incredible! My new favourite way to have pizza.
    They ALL look amazing, can I get the recipes for each?

Recipes!
    1) Raspberry protein fluff was made using a modified version of this recipe: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/457158-strawberry-jello-protein-fluff

I used raspberry sugar-free jello(-y for Aussies) and frozen raspberries. No egg whites, and added a quarter tsp of guar gum as well. So really, it was:
    1. crush ice in blender
    2. use hand mixer to mix together 1c. crushed ice, 1 packet jello/y, about 1/4c. frozen berries, 1tsp. xantham gum, 1/4tsp guar gum, 1/2 cup skim milk.
    3. Mix on a high speed for 5-8 minutes or so until very thick!

2) Peanut butter swirl protein brownies
    ngredients
    3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
    6 oz. low fat vanilla greek yogurt (could use fat free)
    1/4 cup almond milk (any milk will do)
    1 large egg
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 cup Splenda
    1/2 cup cocoa powder
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    5-6 pitted dates
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    30 grams chocolate protein powder

1. Place all of the ingredients except for the peanut butter into a blender or food processor. To make this easier, I started with just the liquid ingredients, then added the rest. Blend until mix is smooth and oats and dates are ground up. You will have to stop the blender and scrape down the sides a few times.

2. Mixture will be quite liquid-y. Pour into a greased pan.

3. Melt the peanut butter slightly in the microwave (about 30 seconds). Drop onto the brownie mixture in spoonfuls. Use a knife to swirl the peanut butter gently, creating a marbled effect but don't overmix.

4. Bake for 20-25 minutes on 350F (160 or so C) until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely before cutting.

and 3) Cauliflower pizza crust

Ingredients:
    1/2 head of cauliflower
    1 egg
    1 cup of skimmed mozzarella cheese
    Fresh oregano and thyme to taste

1. Use a cheese grater to 'rice' the cauliflower.
    2. Microwave cauliflower on high for 6 minutes until cooked.
    3. Stir in egg, cheese, and herbs.
    4. Press the mixture onto a baking sheet, moulding into a pizza base form. You'll want to press it quite thin, but not too thin that it won't support your toppings.
    5. Bake on about 375F or 180C for 15 minutes until browned.

You can then top with sauce, cheese, and any toppings you'd like and broil in the oven for an additional 10 minutes or until toppings are browned. Enjoy!

bump :) mmmm
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    this is my absolute favorite chicken sandwich

chicken sandwich on a french baguette with lettuce, tomato, radishes, and watercress.
    I like to drizzle the bread with plenty of the tomato broth.
    506Kcals

thigh meat is cooked in a tomato-base broth with onions, garlic, and oregano.

chicken_sandwich_506kcals.jpg
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member

Big Mac Casserole

233 Calories per serving (picture shows, two servings.)
    + 80 calories for 2 tbls of thousand island dressing.

So glad you posted a picture of that as I was really curious to what that recipe looked like. And it does look very yummy! Does it taste like a Big Mac?