21 day Challenge - JOIN IN

Options

Replies

• thnkhlth
    thnkhlth Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Day 2: 40 minute walk outside. Beautiful Spring evening walk at 3.8 mph pace. :flowerforyou: !
  • McKay85
    McKay85 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Day 7 - taught k-5th grade music class which involved a lot of jumping, clapping, stomping and searching for a hidden tambourine. I considered that moving. ;)

Day 8 - really felt the exhaust from working with the little ones while working with the big ones in a high school resource room and product fair. I wanted to go to the gym, but fell asleep. Though I didn't burn as many calories as I wanted, I still moved it!

Day 9 - today: Personal 30min training session with my trainer and then she has me do another 30min on an Elliptical. She's going to look at my food and exercise diary.
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    is it too late for the challenge

No, not too late at all..... we (as a group) will keep the group going ... and encouraging everyone along the way!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    I'll jump in as well. Might help me remember to hit the pool between weight room sessions!

Start date: 03/21/13 - walked for 3.5 hours (Not sure the distance, because it was in and out of stores shopping)

WELCOME ABOARD!!

Wow - that's quite alot of walking around!! Good for you!

I have found setting the goal very motivational for me! (Day 18 today) ... I will continue with the group - an maybe my days in a row will surpass my initial goal of 21 days!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

DAY 18 - 22 March 2013

TM walk - 40 min total // 3.5 pace // 10 min with incline & 30 min no incline

It was nice enough to get outside today - but - I have to head of to class (university course) this evening - so had to be quick, shower and motor on!

Hope you all have had a great day!!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Day 7 - taught k-5th grade music class which involved a lot of jumping, clapping, stomping and searching for a hidden tambourine. I considered that moving. ;)

Day 8 - really felt the exhaust from working with the little ones while working with the big ones in a high school resource room and product fair. I wanted to go to the gym, but fell asleep. Though I didn't burn as many calories as I wanted, I still moved it!

Day 9 - today: Personal 30min training session with my trainer and then she has me do another 30min on an Elliptical. She's going to look at my food and exercise diary.

Excellent!

Great action / movement on your part!! 9 days successful!! :smile:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Allright! I'm in, too.
    3/18 hot yoga for one hour
    3/19 elliptical for 35 minutes, plus stretching & abs
    3/20 same as above, plus some bicep & tricep free weights
    3/21 same as 3/20

My goal is to work out everyday for the 21 days PLUS keep track of everything I eat or drink (with the sub-goal of staying within my calorie limit).

I could use support, so anyone else looking for a friend (esp one who needs to lose 50 60 lbs)

WELCOME aboard!!

Feel free to add me .... I tend to look at the exercise part of people's day... and sometimes the diary. I started this challenge to challenge myself ... and am so happy to see lots more joining in! I agree - I hope to be headed for 21 days PLUS..... (Day 18 today for me!)

:smile:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Day 2: 40 minute walk outside. Beautiful Spring evening walk at 3.8 mph pace. :flowerforyou: !

Good for you - awesome pace!

Great on DAY 2!!!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Im doing a 90 day challenge, , Im on day 39, exercise every day for a hr,, and eating healthy 6 days a week with one cheat day.so far 3lbs lost last weight recorded was Feb 28..still at same weight :(. My clothes fitting a lot loser though.

WELCOME!!

Firming up and changing your shape is also motivating, isn't it!!

The weight loss will come, I believe if you continue to practice good habits!

glad to see you!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,439 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your 21 Day challenge!

Day 1 - 03/11 ... walked 4.31 miles in 62 minutes.
    Day 2 - 03/12 ... walked 4.27 miles in 60 minutes.
    Day 3 - 03/13 ... walked 4.54 miles in 67 minutes.
    Day 4 - 03/14 ... no walking today...25 mins on 30DS Level 3-Day 9, 30 mins on other challenges.
    Day 5 - 03/15 ... no walking today...25 mins 30DS Level 3-Day 10 -- DONE!!!!! 50 mins on other challenges.
    Day 6 -- 03/16 ... walked 3.71 miles in 72 minutes, Zumba for 55 mins, 60 mins on other challenges.
    Day 7 -- 03/17 ... walked 4.08 miles in 60 mins, 1.44 miles w/SO and puppy in 54 mins, 45 mins on challenges.
    Day 8 -- 03/18 ... walked 4.22 miles in 62 mins, 85 mins on challenges.
    Day 9 -- 03/19 ... walked 4.28 miles in 63 minutes, 75 mins on challenges, 25 mins Zumba.
    Day 10 -- 03/20 ... walked 4.17 miles in 62 minutes, 75 mins on challenges.
    Day 11 -- Rest Day!!
    Day 12 -- 03/21 ... no walking today--hard, cold wind...pushed me around!! 70 mins on challenges, 20 mins on Zumba, 25 mins on 30DS L1-D1.
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Day 2: Swimming! I love the pool, so this is sort of relaxation as well, even though I lap, and am working on pushing the time. Currently, I'm pushing 3200 meters in an hour on most swim days. Want to double that by the end of the summer.
  • xdoublerainbow
    xdoublerainbow Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Joining this!

Day one: 35 minutes on treadmill, 25 minutes on elliptical and 23 minutes on bike (:

I just joined the gym so I had to try every piece of equipment that wasn't being used!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Joining this!

Day one: 35 minutes on treadmill, 25 minutes on elliptical and 23 minutes on bike (:

I just joined the gym so I had to try every piece of equipment that wasn't being used!

Welcome Aboard - great start for your DAY 1.... Keep up the great work!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Day 2: Swimming! I love the pool, so this is sort of relaxation as well, even though I lap, and am working on pushing the time. Currently, I'm pushing 3200 meters in an hour on most swim days. Want to double that by the end of the summer.

Good for you on DAY 2 -

Good moving!! Great that you love the pool!!! A good goal to have your eye on too!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    @cpanus! Good stuff on your DAY 12.

Zumba is fun (although - for me it was an issue with my knees!)
  • mdawson47
    mdawson47 Posts: 51
    Options
    I am in, I will check back in again later to let you know how I have got on today.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    DAY 19 - 23 March 13

TM walk in early today (7am on Saturday morn!) - university class all day today! 35 min @ 25 pace (15 with incline & 20 without incline)

:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • thnkhlth
    Options
    @cpanus! Good stuff on your DAY 12.

Zumba is fun (although - for me it was an issue with my knees!)

@tazmak...I take a Zumba class in the pool a the local YMCA. Great fun and easier on the knees. Hope there is one near you!
  • thnkhlth
    Options
    Day 3: Did 65 minutes of Cardio/Pilates video yesterday. Were it not for this 21 day challenge, I'd probably have skipped yesterday because it was not easy or convenient to exercise. Lesson 1...I can have a busy day and still find time to work out. Feeling empowered!
  • rosiesmama
    rosiesmama Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Maybe after 21 days, we could all make it 60 or 90!
    Yesterday, not so hot yoga. Good stretch and great way to start the day, though. Will have to see how today works out; I'm working this weekend.
    thanks, everyone for the inspiration. :)