Shakeology Vrs Slim fast?

Options

Replies

• boroko
    boroko Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    And what's the problem with eating real food? :wink: My friend has been using Slim Fast for years now and all she's lost is a load of money and the ability to enjoy life!
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Shakeology has lots of nutrients in it and if you're body is not used to all the goodness then I think it takes awhile to get used to. It also really depends how you prepare your shake. Did you friend give you suggestions for making your sample?

There really is no comparison between Shakeology and Slim Fast. Everything found in Shakeology is from whole or raw food sources. All the vitamins and minerals come from those super foods. Everything in Slim Fast is chemically processed and man made. I guess if your not big into where your food comes from then it doesn't matter, but you pretty much get what you pay for :)

My friend told me to add...

the 1 serving shakeology she gave me
    1 banana
    1-2 tbs of peanut butter
    1 cup milk
    1/2 cup water
    6-8 ice cubs
    and 1 tbs of vanilla extract or agave nectar

So you have to take a 4 dollar plus drink and add 4 other ingredients to make it taste good?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Shakeology has lots of nutrients in it and if you're body is not used to all the goodness then I think it takes awhile to get used to. It also really depends how you prepare your shake. Did you friend give you suggestions for making your sample?

There really is no comparison between Shakeology and Slim Fast. Everything found in Shakeology is from whole or raw food sources. All the vitamins and minerals come from those super foods. Everything in Slim Fast is chemically processed and man made. I guess if your not big into where your food comes from then it doesn't matter, but you pretty much get what you pay for :)

1 banana
    1-2 tbs of peanut butter
    1 cup milk
    1/2 cup water
    6-8 ice cubs

So you have to take a 4 dollar plus drink and add 4 other ingredients to make it taste good?

Hah. All that stuff will make a great shake by itself without the $4 scoop of Shakeology.
  • susanmarnold
    Options
    I love my Shakeology and have had great success with it!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    99% of those who tell you Shakeology is wonderful are "coaches", who have absolutely no education in proper nutrition other than what Beachbody tells them. Take what they have to say with a grain of salt.

If you like shakes, whatever the brand, and want to spend the money then go for it. I personally think Shakeology was gross and Slimfast seems to have a metallic aftertaste that I find unappealing. On the days I want some "chocolate milk" I use ON Whey.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    So, I just tried my first chocolate Shakeology today (a friend gave me a sample)... and I really must say I like Slim Fast a lot better.

lol wut.

slim fast is not even a remotely similar product to shakeology...

Sure they are. They're both nutritional shakes. It's really the marketing that's very different.

says someone who's never compared the nutrition facts/ingredients list.

they're not remotely similar.

Indeed I have.

Slim-fast:
    Calories 180
    Fat 6g
    Carbs 24g
    Protein 10g

Shakeology:
    Calories 160
    Fat 2g
    Carbs 21g
    Protein 16g

Not really very different. They're meal replacement shakes. Shakeology has a little less fat and more protein.

Not to mention the price difference. If you get the sf powder you add your own liquid, same with shakeology.
    At sams or online the big slimfast tub with 34 servings ranges from $13-20 depending where you get it.

Shakeology is $113 for 30 servings.

Far less product for the money if you opt for shakeology, but it's all personally preference.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    So, I just tried my first chocolate Shakeology today (a friend gave me a sample)... and I really must say I like Slim Fast a lot better.

lol wut.

Sure they are. They're both nutritional shakes. It's really the marketing that's very different.

Indeed I have.

Slim-fast:
    Calories 180
    Fat 6g
    Carbs 24g
    Protein 10g

Shakeology:
    Calories 160
    Fat 2g
    Carbs 21g
    Protein 16g

Not really very different. They're meal replacement shakes. Shakeology has a little less fat and more protein.

yyyeaaahhhh that's not an ingredient list buddy.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    99% of those who tell you Shakeology is wonderful are "coaches", who have absolutely no education in proper nutrition other than what Beachbody tells them. Take what they have to say with a grain of salt.

This. Anyone can sign up to sell shakeology.
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    And what's the problem with eating real food? :wink: My friend has been using Slim Fast for years now and all she's lost is a load of money and the ability to enjoy life!

Yes! This^^:heart:

yes.gif
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options

lol wut.

Indeed I have.

Slim-fast:
    Calories 180
    Fat 6g
    Carbs 24g
    Protein 10g

Shakeology:
    Calories 160
    Fat 2g
    Carbs 21g
    Protein 16g

yyyeaaahhhh that's not an ingredient list buddy.

Both a rip off.
  • cindybpitts
    cindybpitts Posts: 213 Member
    Options

IYou are so right!! It is equivalent to 5 trips to the salad bar! I mix with water so its not so thick and I get some more water in.
  • cindybpitts
    cindybpitts Posts: 213 Member
    Options

1 banana
    1-2 tbs of peanut butter
    1 cup milk
    1/2 cup water
    6-8 ice cubs
    It`s also good with PB2..it is a peanut butter powder with only 45 cals for 2 tbsp and 5 grams of protein.
  • SavannahMarett
    SavannahMarett Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I really like Shakeology and Body by Vi. I don't sell either but love them both equally!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

lol wut.

shakeology is not even remotely similar product to actual food.

Eat food people. Food works.
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Shakeology has lots of nutrients in it and if you're body is not used to all the goodness then I think it takes awhile to get used to.

Ummmm?? Okay.

ETA: You know what also has a lot of nutrients? Fruits and vegetables. If you really feel compelled to drink your meals, make a smoothie or a green juice drink. Those are more delicious and are full of actual "goodness".
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

lol wut.

shakeology is not even remotely similar product to actual food.

Eat food people. Food works.

i agree with this.
  • KBSwinger
    KBSwinger Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Human nature and the need for quick fixes.... Fruck!!!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand why you'd want a meal replacement diet when you can just eat food.

Food taste guuurd.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand why you'd want a meal replacement diet when you can just eat food.

Food taste guuurd.

I didn't use protein powder or meal replacement shakes to lose weight, but I do use them for meals on the run or for a day when I am just not hungry. I use Isopure Vanilla or Ensure ... long shelf life, taste great and suits the purpose for maintaining my weight