A Calorie is a Caloire is a...... let's compare...

Options

Replies

• jodigirl03
    jodigirl03 Posts: 111
    Options
    You can rack up alot of calories fast eating clean with nuts, seeds, flax seed, coconut & olive oil.
    Does "clean" mean no meat or just organics?
    Because then you can add steak, beef, pork, chicken and even fish.
    I'm not sure exactly how to get to 10,000 but I can easily get to 2,500 and still have room for lots more.
    That's 3 times more than you're eating now.........................and then have to train for 4-6 hours a day. Tell me you wouldn't throw up if you had to eat 3 more times than you're doing now and train your own training session for just 2 hours?
    Don't you think that an Olympic athlete who needs that much would rather get it from clean foods if they actually could without it interrupting their training?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I'm not sure what we're debating here. I agree 100%.
    Btw, I don't eat 2500 calls. I'm small. But I DO understand his need for that.
  • jodigirl03
    Options
    You can rack up alot of calories fast eating clean with nuts, seeds, flax seed, coconut & olive oil.
    Does "clean" mean no meat or just organics?
    Because then you can add steak, beef, pork, chicken and even fish.
    I'm not sure exactly how to get to 10,000 but I can easily get to 2,500 and still have room for lots more.
    That's 3 times more than you're eating now.........................and then have to train for 4-6 hours a day. Tell me you wouldn't throw up if you had to eat 3 more times than you're doing now and train your own training session for just 2 hours?
    Don't you think that an Olympic athlete who needs that much would rather get it from clean foods if they actually could without it interrupting their training?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I'm not sure what we're debating here. I agree 100%.
    Btw, I don't eat 2500 calls. I'm small. But I DO understand his need for that.

... and a female. So no I can't comprehend what is appetite is like. I'm not as active as he is either. So he eats junk, he looks great. I'm talking about HEALTH. (Brain food, good eyes, a digestive system that doesn't want to shut down on you, cholesterol, ...etc.) I'm sure his numbers are in check exercising the way he does. Mine are OUTSTANDING doing 1/8 of what he does, but I eat right.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    the second this argument became about michael phelps is the moment it stopped being relevant to anything we were talking about before.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    ... and a female. So no I can't comprehend what is appetite is like. I'm not as active as he is either. So he eats junk, he looks great. I'm talking about HEALTH. (Brain food, good eyes, a digestive system that doesn't want to shut down on you, cholesterol, ...etc.) I'm sure his numbers are in check exercising the way he does. Mine are OUTSTANDING doing 1/8 of what he does, but I eat right.

That's kind of the point, isn't it? What you eat doesn't matter all that much. What matters is your lifestyle and calorie balance. When you get the correct number of calories to be a healthy weight and get plenty of exercise, that's 90% of the battle. Most of the last 10% is macronutrient intake. A tiny tiny portion may be micronutrient intake, with most of even that small amount being taken care of by a normal diet with a multivitamin and maybe 1 or 2 other things like fish oil. The tiny tiny tiny leftover part is basically "who knows?"
  • jodigirl03
    Options
    Good point!
    and I don't see it as an argument. Just opinions. And I always welcome opinions.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    the second this argument became about michael phelps is the moment it stopped being relevant to anything we were talking about before.

I think it's still relevant. The man eats mountains of junk while training and his health is probably phenomenally good. Sugar, grease, refined and processed foods out the wazoo. And yet he's still the best the world has ever seen at what he does, and his health is probably excellent.
  • jodigirl03
    Options

That's kind of the point, isn't it? What you eat doesn't matter all that much. What matters is your lifestyle and calorie balance. When you get the correct number of calories to be a healthy weight and get plenty of exercise, that's 90% of the battle. Most of the last 10% is macronutrient intake. A tiny tiny portion may be micronutrient intake, with most of even that small amount being taken care of by a normal diet with a multivitamin and maybe 1 or 2 other things like fish oil. The tiny tiny tiny leftover part is basically "who knows?"
    EXACTLY!!!!!!
  • jodigirl03
    Options
    DON'T FORGET THE DRUG USE. LMBO!
  • CoachReddy
    Options

I think it's still relevant. The man eats mountains of junk while training and his health is probably phenomenally good. Sugar, grease, refined and processed foods out the wazoo. And yet he's still the best the world has ever seen at what he does, and his health is probably excellent.

lol because he trains all friggin day and BURNS that many calories! the moment he stops training that hard is the moment he has to start eating healthier foods. has literally nothing to do with ANYONE who uses MFP
  • Nicoodlenoodle
    Nicoodlenoodle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Burrito ! I had popcorn and a smoothie for dinner and it was way less calories then my usual super healthy dinner. !
  • jonnythan
    Options
    lol because he trains all friggin day and BURNS that many calories! the moment he stops training that hard is the moment he has to start eating healthier foods. has literally nothing to do with ANYONE who uses MFP

"he... BURNS that many calories!"

Well... yeah. That's what I'm saying. His caloric intake is appropriate and he gets plenty of exercise. That's the "secret" to being healthy.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Well... yeah. That's what I'm saying. His caloric intake is appropriate and he gets plenty of exercise. That's the "secret" to being healthy.

says the guy who feels "old" and "tired" at 31 :wink:
  • jonnythan
    Options

That's nonsense and borders on a personal attack. I never said I feel "old and tired."
  • CoachReddy
    Options

That's nonsense and borders on a personal attack. I never said I feel "old and tired."

alright let's quit while we're behind. :smile:
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    whoa, is this still going on? While you guys were arguing I went for a run :P
  • jonnythan
    Options
    whoa, is this still going on? While you guys were arguing I went for a run :P

I put in 20 minutes on the treadmill then played a 2-hour singles tennis match. Time to veg. ;)
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Everybody, in the worlds of Caboose, "Funerals are sad, so we should have a birthday party instead! Yes!!! Let there be cake! Um hallelujah, Geshundite" ^_^
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    CloseEnough_zpsfa81ed12.jpg
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    CloseEnough_zpsfa81ed12.jpg

what the **** do you do to work out!? 6,000 cal today???
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    micro-nutrients or lack their of...

because you know things like sugar, fiber, minerals etc. don't affect the body at all.