Ladies, should a man be the only one to pursue?

Options

Replies

• Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    If I want something, I must make it mine :devil:

stalker alert
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    If I want something, I must make it mine :devil:

stalker alert

Hahaha...far from it :laugh:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    From another thread - "No; a lady should never make the first move. Always let a man pursue you."

Thoughts, opinions?

My husband is happy I'm not a lady. :laugh:
  • __Karl__
    __Karl__ Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... last time I checked my calendar I distinctly remember it not saying 1908.

If I want someone- I have them.
    End statement.

Ha!

No the man should not be the only one to pursue.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    i think a lot of women would agree that, while it is nice to be pursued, it's not worth missing out on something that could be great just because they were waiting for someone else to act.

Couldn't have said it better myself. If I want something, Ill get it.

BUT, it's a much bigger turn on to be pursued. I think when a guy is really interested, he will go after what he wants.
  • zealousmissjj_wechange
    Options
    i think a lot of women would agree that, while it is nice to be pursued, it's not worth missing out on something that could be great just because they were waiting for someone else to act.

ABSOLUTELY!
  • ashmariehay
    ashmariehay Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    If I want something I go after it. I don't have time for games.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... I have always thought and/ or been told that women in pursuit are seen as desperate. Or needy.
    I will let a man know I like him. Even if its telling him just that.
    But I want him to pick up the ball.

This! But I'm married....so really I have no say so! But ya know.....if I was single and all!
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Yes women should persue men. Now if we could only get them to actually do it for reasons that aren't completely shallow and superficial. Good luck with that though!
  • sweetzoejane
    sweetzoejane Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Umm, in general, I have always gotten what and who I wanted because I pursued them and asked for what I wanted. I don't wait around for someone hoping they are a mind reader.
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    As a feminist I believe that equality means women should do some of the uncomfortable stuff sometimes and not just leave it to the men, so I have asked men out or made the first move on a number of occasions.

Have to say that a lot of men react very badly to this! They really don't like it at all, responses range from very rarely being positive to more often not knowing how the hell to respond politely, to occasionally behaving as if that gives them licence to treat you like dirt. So despite my ethics I stick to being friendly and encouraging but no more, if I really want to get to know a man for more than one night.
  • fly_butterfly
    fly_butterfly Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    BUT, it's a much bigger turn on to be pursued. I think when a guy is really interested, he will go after what he wants.

^^This. Not that's it's a turn on... but a man will always go after what they want. I don't want to "chase" a man who "may" want me.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Absolute nonsense. Men and women are equals, and are thus equally capable of pursuing the opposite sex.
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    No. If I see something I want, I will simply take it.
  • MrsVal03
    MrsVal03 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am shy and I sit in the corner alone and people watch..... creepy, right???

if I had the courage... I'd wear more red lipstick and take off in pursuit.... but, i'm a loser... so, I'll just continue sitting in the corner...
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Personally I was never one to make the first move. But I know how to get a guy who is interested to do it. :)
  • Jenny775
    Jenny775 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Don't agree! If I see something I like, I'll go after it. Or at least let him know I'm interested.

^^^ This
  • sweetzoejane
    sweetzoejane Posts: 153 Member
    Options

^^This. Not that's it's a turn on... but a man will always go after what they want. I don't want to "chase" a man who "may" want me.

I've never "chased" men either. I've told them that I am interested in them, and if they aren't interested in me, then I decide if we would just make good friends or nothing at all. I don't continue to "chase" them. Then again, I've never had a shortage of men who have been interested in me, so it hasn't been a big deal. I'm freaking awesome, I have high standards, so I just can't understand the concept of continuing to go after someone who doesn't want you.

I'm also really shy and definitely an introvert, but I'm also really honest and hate playing games.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

Fine.
    I don't want to "chase" a woman who "may" want me.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I pursued my man...hard. He married my crazy *kitten* too. :D