Is MILK work?

Options

Replies

• Annablocher
    Annablocher Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Milk is one of the best liquids to drink. Drink lowfat though and lowfat chocolate milk is awesome after a workout due to protien. it also cures my sweet tooth.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options

A lot of animals eat feces. I guess we had better start doing that if we want to copy what animals are doing.

Also, we are *not* the only species to drink milk past infancy. Most animals will drink it - they just do not have the ability to milk a cow.

Uh you go first :P

Have you ever seen a cat after some idiot gives it milk? It gets diarrhea lol sure animals will drink it but some get sick afterwards.They can be lactose intolerant just like how 65% of the human population is lactose intolerant.

http://pets.webmd.com/cats/guide/cats-and-dairy-get-the-facts

http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/lactose-intolerance

Though I'm sure most of you that simply adore milk are northern europeans that are less likely to be lactose intolerant.
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Oh my word....milk is such a friggin taboo subject on here. If you want to drink it, do. If you don't, then don't. To the OP....I say drink it if you want.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

So much for your "couldn't be bothered" statement.

Thats not rudimentary, thats so basic it really shouldn't need explaining - but it seems it does because people seem to know nothing whatsoever about food production and yet claim to be experts in it.

neato
    WTH is wrong with you?

I'd like to thank the farmer first for his work, and secondly for the first hand knowledge he has given us here...unlike the snarky catface.

Don't mind her. She's a hangry vegan who starts this shiz on every thread with "milk" in title.

Who are you talking about? Dovetail is not a vegan.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

A lot of animals eat feces. I guess we had better start doing that if we want to copy what animals are doing.

Also, we are *not* the only species to drink milk past infancy. Most animals will drink it - they just do not have the ability to milk a cow.

Have you ever seen a cat after some idiot gives it milk? It gets diarrhea lol sure animals will drink it but some get sick afterwards.They can be lactose intolerant just like how 65% of the human population is lactose intolerant.

Though I'm sure most of you that simply adore milk are northern europeans that are less likely to be lactose intolerant.

I was referring to the totally incorrect statement that 'we are the only animals that drink milk past infancy' - a totally incorrect statement. Some get sick after, just as some people do. If you do not, then what is the issue then? Some people get sick after eating peanuts or shellfish...should everyone stop eating them?

Only 2% of people of Northern European descent are lactose intolerant.

Also, lactose sensitivity =/= intolerance.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Don't mind her. She's a hangry vegan who starts this shiz on every thread with "milk" in title.

Don't mind this *kitten*.

"Powered by tofu" says it all. Hangry indeed.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

So much for your "couldn't be bothered" statement.

Thats not rudimentary, thats so basic it really shouldn't need explaining - but it seems it does because people seem to know nothing whatsoever about food production and yet claim to be experts in it.

neato
    WTH is wrong with you?

I'd like to thank the farmer first for his work, and secondly for the first hand knowledge he has given us here...unlike the snarky catface.

Who are you talking about? Dovetail is not a vegan.

She means catgirl - dovetail is my wife. :bigsmile:
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options

I was referring to the totally incorrect statement that 'we are the only animals that drink milk past infancy' - a totally incorrect statement. Some get sick after, just as some people do. If you do not, then what is the issue then? Some people get sick after eating peanuts or shellfish...should everyone stop eating them?

Sensitivity then, doctor. Maybe it's just me, (and if it is that's just fine I don't give a *kitten*), but if a food were so "good for you" would such a large piece of a population have a sensitivity to it? I'm probably biased since it makes me so sick, just as I'm sure some dairy farmers are biased since it's their food ticket.
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options

Don't mind this *kitten*.

"Powered by tofu" says it all. Hangry indeed.

So what liking tofu makes me hangry? OKkkkaayyyy
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    All of this over milk? :noway:
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    A serving of broccoli has more calcium in it than a serving of milk. As an exercise physiologist, and nutritional apprentice I don't think milk isn't good. We are the only species to drink milk after infancy. And it isn't even human milk, it's from a pregnant cow. Cow's milk is made for a baby cow to grow larger in a short amount of time. It has IGF-1 factors, and 15 different variations of androgenic hormones. Puss cells, and casien which is known to cause cancer in large amounts. This is probably the reason for early development in children in schools, acne, inflammation, and other problems.

You sir are apprenticing with a quack.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    Hi my Pals,
    As a woman, I need to pour calcium into my body, I use milk without sugar, high Calcium (100ml - 55 cal). As studied a lot of healthy food, I don't see anybody recommend to drink milk. Should I use milk for my daily liquid? Thanks for all of your advice. :love:

OP - in answer to your question...yes, drink your milk. ( Calcium comes from dark leafy greens also). Pardon I didn't look at your age, but you do need enough calcium to support healthy bones & healthy teeth. I myself consume two dairy servings a day, mostly in the form of making my own hot cocoa (protein fortified-nonfat milk, hershey unsweetened cocoa, and 2T of splenda). I have lost my weight drinking my daily delish indulgence...added bonus of chocolate! If you do consume other dairy, please check to make sure calcium is at last 30%. Example, most frozen yogurt shops have very little if just a trace of calcium.
    Another thing to consider, calcium in milk is "killed" when light hits it...including artificial lights from the dairy case in stores. Look for your milk to come in the paper cartons instead of the plastic, see-thru cartons. So if you are drinking milk for the calcium, make sure your calcium is protected from the light.

To add to other posters, water should be your daily go-to drink. Think of milk as a food and incorporate that into your daily food budget. Water cleanses your palet, refreshes your body, helps flush fat from kidneys, and is just good for overall health.

HTH
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    DO NOT drink pasteurized milk! only raw milk from a clean and reputable farmer.

OR drink almond milk mixed with a MRP.

pasteurized milk is damn well near a poison. cancer in a carton

I'm hoping you're joking? If not or for those of you that do not know he is joking, this is completely wrong.

Drinking raw milk is how people get sick and die. Pasteurization is not adding adding loads of chemicals, its the process of heating and cooling the milk to kill/reduce pathogens.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I'm hoping you're joking? If not or for those of you that do not know he is joking, this is completely wrong.

Drinking raw milk is how people get sick and die. Pasteurization is not adding adding loads of chemicals, its the process of heating and cooling the milk to kill/reduce pathogens.

AFAIK no one has actually died drinking raw milk in quite a while. It's certainly possible though.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Thank you... logic.

When I saw that post earlier, I didn't even want to touch it. I knew my frustration levels would go through the roof with that one.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't suffer from lactose intolerance or other ill effects, I think it's fine.
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    IIFYM. I prefer almond milk and it actually has 50% more calcium. Unsweetened vanilla almond milk is 30 calories a cup and it tastes great in my coffee and oatmeal so that's what I use.

I love almond milk but it doesn't have enough protein to fit regularly into my daily routine : (
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Sensitivity then, doctor. Maybe it's just me, (and if it is that's just fine I don't give a *kitten*), but if a food were so "good for you" would such a large piece of a population have a sensitivity to it? I'm probably biased since it makes me so sick, just as I'm sure some dairy farmers are biased since it's their food ticket.

Yes, you are biased.
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options

Yes, you are biased.

Okay, thanks for the recap naked lady.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Yes, you are biased.

Okay, thanks for the recap naked lady.

You jump in on every milk thread and dominate it. You have lactose sensitivities and don't drink milk. Got it. Can you stop derailing the thread now? Take a look at the number of posts you've made compared to anyone else in this thread.
This discussion has been closed.