What nationality/ethnicity people have mistaken you?

Options

Replies

• jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options

Cool, I'm Russian Jewish as well.

What's up, cousin! :)

...I mean, Privyet, cousin. :)

Zdrastvooyteh! :flowerforyou:
  • deeruns
    deeruns Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm Guyanese-American, but race-wise I'm black. Whenever my hair is long (and I drastically cut my hair at least once a year), I magically become Dominican. Lolkifyousayso.
  • richh963
    richh963 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Im 1/4 dutch, 1/4 scotch and 1/2 french a real mutt. but alot of times middle eastern men think Im middle eastern.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options

Zdrastvooyteh! :flowerforyou:

Kak dela? :happy: (I'm rapidly nearing the limits of my one semester Russian language education in Junior High. Haha)
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Everyone thinks I'm German, for some reason..I dont think I look german at all, lol. Maybe its the skin?
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Hispanic and Armenian
  • 7opoundsin16weeks
    7opoundsin16weeks Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I've been mistaken for being latin, polish, and italian, where in fact i am arab
  • lotusspark
    lotusspark Posts: 368
    Options
    I have been assumed to be Lebanese, Turkish .. Greek and even Italian. I'm naturally just Heinz 57!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm in Europe, people ask me if I'm Irish (because of my almost red hair and freckly complexion) or English.

I don't know what my ethnicity is because I was adopted, but likely from somewhere around there.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Asian, all the time. Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc, due to the shape of my eyes.
    I've been dealing with that misconception since I was a kid. In reality I'm a European and First Nations mix.
  • ginaquel
    ginaquel Posts: 6
    Options
    I get mistaken for African-American all the time, but I am just an American :wink:

Not trying to offend...in all honesty I like this thread, such beautiful diversity!
  • justinamay0535
    justinamay0535 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm black and white and I get mistaken for Hispanic all the time. My name doesn't help much either....:laugh:
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Argentinian, Costa Rican, Colombian....
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm French, Irish and German predominately.

I have dark curly hair and get "are you half African American"? I also get asked if I'm Middle Eastern or Hispanic. I was even asked once if I was an Asian mix. Don't see that one at all.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Thai and Mexican.
  • EllieGball
    Options
    i am Italian and German with a literal drop of Native American (my great grandfather was full blood), but I have red hair and green eyes and skin so white that snow has to compete with me when reflecting light. Because of this I usually get Irish and English. But, when I hang out with my two purebred, born and raised Russian friends (they weren't raised together lol) they always tell me that I look more Russian than they do. Also, I always get asked if I am Russian because all they do is speak Russian and talk about Russia and people just assume that I am form Russia. They are usually very surprised that I am not.
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Indian (from India), Lebanese..basically a number of middle eastern ethnic groups.
    But I'm actually half Spanish and half Native American Apache with some Italian and French.
  • bexboxxx
    bexboxxx Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    puerto rican and eskimo
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I've been mistaken for Indian and basically any other brown colored race that wasn't Mexican. :)
  • lali_lemon
    lali_lemon Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Im Salvadorean and Mexican and people either think I am white or mixed with black and the only reason they think I am mixed with black is because they say i have "mixed people hair" but really my hair's just really curly :D