Annoyed and disappointed

Options
1235»

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    You are starving. Try doing 1700 calories a day, it will help your metabolism.
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    1000 calories while doing an extreme work out like Insanity is seriously asking for trouble. How do you expect your body to do well when you are putting so little in? You need to NET a minimum of 1200 but really 1200 is low for a lot of women.

Eat some more food, it will give you the fuel you need for insanity workout x
    [/
    quote]

THIS!!! ^^^^^^^^^!!!
  • alf239
    alf239 Posts: 1
    Options
    1000 kcals is asking for trouble to start with. Your organism switches to a starvation mode and you're lucky to lose anything at all.

Now, to that workout. You must understand that muscles weight more than the fat. So when you're really working out, when you're getting better shaped, you gain weight, there's nothing wrong with that.

If I were you, I'd get back to whatever number of calories you need a day, with perhaps an up to 500 kcals deficit — and stop worrying about numbers. You'll gett there, sooner or later. Trying harder is going to harm you, but it's not going to make it any faster.
  • suzeexoxo
    suzeexoxo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!!
    ***UPDATE*** To everyone who advised me to up my calories to lose lbs....well my weigh in today showed a total loss since I upped my calories of 4.4 lbs!!!!!!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!! You are all awesome, great information I have learned :)

Congratulations for figuring out the right thing to do, and of course for your success! :flowerforyou:
  • suzeexoxo
    Options
    suzeexoxo
    Joined Mar 2013
    Sat 03/30/13 03:43 PM
    ***UPDATE*** To everyone who advised me to up my calories to lose lbs....well my weigh in today showed a total loss since I upped my calories of 4.4 lbs!!!!!!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!! You are all awesome, great information I have learned :)
    Edit Report Post Quote Reply

You are starving. Try doing 1700 calories a day, it will help your metabolism.
  • suzeexoxo
    Options
    suzeexoxo
    Joined Mar 2013

1000 kcals is asking for trouble to start with. Your organism switches to a starvation mode and you're lucky to lose anything at all.

Now, to that workout. You must understand that muscles weight more than the fat. So when you're really working out, when you're getting better shaped, you gain weight, there's nothing wrong with that.

If I were you, I'd get back to whatever number of calories you need a day, with perhaps an up to 500 kcals deficit — and stop worrying about numbers. You'll gett there, sooner or later. Trying harder is going to harm you, but it's not going to make it any faster.
  • halflindsay
    Options
    wow
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options

Awesome job. I'm just starting week 7 of Insanity and it is brutal. Upping the calories is definatly a good move. You need the fuel for these workouts. I will clock almost 900 calories burned in one of the Max series DVD's (month 2). Also, make sure you take pictures for progress. Sometimes you will look at that number on the scale and say "Why is it not moving!!!".. only to look at some progress pics and see the difference.

Keep rockin! You will do great!
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    my 9 year old handicapped (wheelchair bound) child requires more than 1000 calories to live. Rethink your eating dear
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options

excellent!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options

I absolutely LOVE that you took everyone's advice AND updated us! Congratulations on the weight loss!!! :drinker:
  • jestersand
    jestersand Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    First off, 1,000 cals for the Insanity workout is too low. When I was on it, I ate 2,500 calories and lost 2 lbs per week, which brings me to my second point, 1-2lb lose per week is the best way to lose weight in order to keep it off.

Having this being your first week, you should have lost a little more....5lbs maybe, so I am certain your calories are too low. Try putting that in your daily calendar under exercise, and redo your calories.
  • Nvoong
    Nvoong Posts: 3
    Options
    Well, my personal trainer put it into perspective for me. How long did it take you to put on the weight? It took me about a year to put on 10lbs, so don't expect to lose it overnight either. 1lb a week is pretty good. Patience my friend.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Awesome!:happy:
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: :heart:

Well done!
  • julialou1979
    julialou1979 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    this thread just gave me hope for the MFP forums! Good work Suze, and good work to everyone who was willing to offer up advice that can be somewhat unpopular (eat more... mmmmm)
  • loveweightloss1043
    Options
    chin up sweet pea...chin up ..your doing great!
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Well, this is refreshing :) Well done, OP. :flowerforyou:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    suzeexoxo
    Joined Mar 2013

This is awesome! Thank you!