3 most annoying posts

Options

Replies

• Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    These message boards are the most entitled, rude, ridiculous boards ever. They are supposed to be here for support, instead it's full of people with terrible attitudes. I have resorted to googling my questions - it's easier and a lot less painful than trying to ask a question here.

Screw you, OP.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I understand people don't understand but there is a search function and the ability to scroll through a few pages before posting the identical question that was posted a half hour ago. Weight loss isn't that individualized that you have to have a recommendation based on exactly your info.

Have you ever tried to use the awfulness that is the MFP search feature? You might have a point if it wasn't so atrociously awful.

And I'm not going to complain about redundant newb questions clogging the forums until they stop the incessant stream of "rate/date/mate/late/fate/gate/hump/dump/bump/lump/jump/slap/tickle/ponder/placate/appease/coddle/etc." threads. Let's fix that first and *then* talk about overall forum efficiency.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Imagine that, you only have 5 friends! lol

Did you really just "lol" about the amount of MFP freinds I have? All of my friends are actual people that I can see.

as opposed to the imaginary ones that you can't see???
  • jfelder2
    jfelder2 Posts: 3
    Options
    ?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    bored, babycakes?:flowerforyou:
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I understand people don't understand but there is a search function and the ability to scroll through a few pages before posting the identical question that was posted a half hour ago. Weight loss isn't that individualized that you have to have a recommendation based on exactly your info.

Then it's just better then to keep this forum as a dating site, a sexual addiction site or a (marry me, bang me or put a bag over your face) site. lol C'mon, based on the wide variety of stuff posted on this site, a little repetition that actually involves discussion about what MFP is intended for is something we can deal with.

I vote for "bang me" site...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I read the FAQ and it answered questions that people ask all the time.

Wait, that's what a FAQ is for?

I thought FAQ stood for Find As# Quickly ....your saying its something else???
  • jen81uk
    jen81uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go off point... I noticed you spelt 'ridiculous' as 'rediculous' but before I was pedantic and condescending, I decided to be a good girl and google my answer to make sure that it's not spelt differently (wrongly :P) in America? I could not find the answer so now I would like to know if the American spelling is ridiculous or rediculous? Is this a satisfactory topic to speak about, as I am genuinely curious and have not found a definitive answer on google? Thanks in advance xx
  • Caleen58
    Caleen58 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This type of thread is probably more annoying then anything else I see no doubt. Ragging on people that are seeking help...not good :/.
    How can anyone be so unsympathetic to people who really don't know the answers? If you don't like them, don't read them. People, who are quite smart, can get confused also and deserve the support of the members on this site.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

all I am going to say about this is that noting is more annoying then a tattle tail....are we in kindergarden here??? Geez...
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried to use the awfulness that is the MFP search feature? You might have a point if it wasn't so atrociously awful.

And I'm not going to complain about redundant newb questions clogging the forums until they stop the incessant stream of "rate/date/mate/late/fate/gate/hump/dump/bump/lump/jump/slap/tickle/ponder/placate/appease/coddle/etc." threads. Let's fix that first and *then* talk about overall forum efficiency.
    Oh my gosh so much of all this. The search feature is one of the worst I've ever encountered.

And then those stupid game threads ... I was looking through recent posts one day randomly and saw three different variations of "date/bang/marry". Those are more annoying to me than "Do I eat my calories back," which I generally only see one of at a time, even if it is every day.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go off point... I noticed you spelt 'ridiculous' as 'rediculous' but before I was pedantic and condescending, I decided to be a good girl and google my answer to make sure that it's not spelt differently (wrongly :P) in America? I could not find the answer so now I would like to know if the American spelling is ridiculous or rediculous? Is this a satisfactory topic to speak about, as I am genuinely curious and have not found a definitive answer on google? Thanks in advance xx

It is a misspelling. I'm afraid the OP might be a bit "simple".
  • keola64
    keola64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You aren't insensitive...just plain ignorant! Are u perfect ? NO x infinity, many people need help for many different reasons. The very fort time you heard ANY word did you with your almighty knowledge of all things know what it meant starting from childhood? If so you must be god. THIS IS INDEED THE MOST STUPID POST I HAVE EVER SEEN !
  • skincy
    skincy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Please, if you are a newbie, or just simple, do not post one of the following:

1) "I don't get it. Am I suppose to eat my exercise calories back?"

2) "I know I'm suppose to eat more, I'm just not that hungry.How do I get more calories?"

3) "What does NET calories mean?"

These three common posts are so rediculous on so many levels that they don't even justify a response. I know this sounds insensitive, but anyone who can't figure out the answers to these quetsions on their own is pretty much doomed anyway.

If you are one of the people who takes the time to go into a serious explanation for these people, you are a much more patient person than I.

I really get tired of the high and mighty people on here. Get over it already. If it annoys you don't read it!!
  • jen81uk
    jen81uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options

It is a misspelling. I'm afraid the OP might be a bit "simple".

Haha, quite possibly lol

Thank you for answering that for me and not pointing out that I put a ? in the wrong place. I was devastated when I posted about spelling and my own post had questionable grammar in it :P xx
  • NancyWtby
    NancyWtby Posts: 12
    Options
    Or if : I take a 3 pound **** is that weight loss?
  • barryarnold18
    Options
    The whole pint is a lot of people dont get it and that is why they and us are using this app to help us
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options

So.....let me get this straight. Are you calling the people on here retarded?

Really? If you are going for "dry wit", you are not very good or practiced at it.

Attempting to imply that someone else on this thread called anyone a "retard", which is, of course, completely offensive, is not only reaching but isn't even good trolling. -3 internets for you.

I find your attempt at acting bemused by the "predictable response" to your thread weak as well. Please practice before you try again.
  • missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options
    when I joined I didn't know the answer to the 1st question.
    Just because you have lost some weight it does not make you an expert, nor does it give you the right to judge what other people are asking!
  • PrinnyMartel
    PrinnyMartel Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I agree that if you have a basic question you don't need to start a new thread over it; more than likely someone has asked it before. The same logic can be applied to this situation, though. You don't need to start a new rant thread every time someone says something you find tedious. Maybe just suggest that they do a search first next time and move on with your life.

Clutter is clutter.
This discussion has been closed.