What HEALTHY foods are you craving and/or do you just LOVE?

Options

Replies

• Munchkinn99
    Options
    I love navel oranges with blue diamond almonds. Another favorite of mine (i just invented/tried because I didn't have an apple) is banana, celery and peanut butter. Love it!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Another one of my loves is "Manna" it's an unleavened ultra delicious sprouted bread, that I break-up (it comes frozen and you keep it in the freezer and cut off a small piece and comes in lots of different bread...fruit and nut, carrot and raisin, fennel, flax and fig and lots more) and mix with a whole cup of organic strawberries, a cup of blueberries and a cup of strawberry coconut milk kiefer--kinda like a homemade cereal of sorts...it's sooooo fabulous and makes a TON of food--keeps me filled for hours on end and I can hardly eat it all.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes, cottage cheese, broccoli, and roasted garlic cauliflower. I'm starving right now so this list could get long quickly!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    The one I love the most would have to be sweet potatoes, I don't even put butter or anything on them - they're too delicious to cover with other things!<3
    However, I only like them if they have their skin on, in an actual potato form; I cannot stomach canned or microwaveable packages of sweet potatoes... yuck. :p
  • IsobellaGeneva
    Options
    White grapes
    Fresh pineapple
    Ripe bananas
    Peanut butter
    Apples ( all varieties)
    Sweet potatos
    Chickpeas
    Blueberries
    Cherries
    Strawberries
    mangoes
    Red sweet peppers
    Oatmeal
    Cherry tomatoes
    Spring mix salad greens
    Steamed broccoli
    Steamed cauliflower
    Pretty much all fruits
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    These days It's Sugar Snap Peas. I go through a bag every 3 days. NOM NOM NOM!!!
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal.
  • jennamt87
    jennamt87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Homemade sweet potato wedges!

Butter flavored cooking spray (0 calories!), cayenne pepper, lemon pepper, garlic powder-baked at 400 degrees for 15 minutes! Yum!!

Or a baked apple! Granny smith apple, wedged and cored, cinnamon and lemon juice. Baked at 400 for 10 minutes!
  • mrsfoster102613
    mrsfoster102613 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not (and you probably won't) but I crave "green lemonade." I juice a head of celery, five or six leaves of kale, an apple, a lemon and a tablespoon or so of fresh ginger. I drink it almost every day. When I don't have it, like today, I absolutely miss it.

Hahahah, that's what I call my green juice..."Green Lemonade" because that what some of them taste like--because I add a lot of organic lemons with the rind still on them. Other ones (when I add hot cherry peppers or jalapeno peppers) and organic tomatoes and my ever present garlic (and lots of it) can taste like a TACO of all things (that's what my children say it tastes like:laugh: ).

Taco juice. Now I want to make some lol!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    ready for this one I now crave like crazy?????

WATER! Cold water. I've always hated water really and just up until about a little less than a month ago could only drink water at room temp. I couldn't stand cold water...now I CRAVE cold water!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I've just discovered a new snack that is delicious and super protein filled...it's called:

Dry Roasted Edamame Goji Blend...it's 120 cals for 1 oz and is super loaded with 11g of protein! This is going to be a new love of mine for sure!
  • Mich4871
    Mich4871 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    lately, my go to snack is oven roasted chickpeas. So yummy and satisfying!
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Figs, blueberries, sundried tomato
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Pink grapefruit is my new crazy must have everyday....Just bought a bag of 6 for 1.97 made me happy!
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I *love* avocado. On everything.
  • Oncebittentwiceshy38
    Oncebittentwiceshy38 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and bananas. I must have these on hand at all times or I go crazy :)

I agree, I also love Greek yogurt and frozen fruit! YUMMY! :)
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    avocados, grapes, oranges, cheddar cheese
  • vegannewbie12
    vegannewbie12 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am the same way...ever try putting peanut butter IN your oatmeal? I have had it
    every day for weeks, LOL. Going to have to change it to something else soon...
    but not yet. :P
  • lpkitty
    lpkitty Posts: 45
    Options
    avocado
    pomegranate
    corn on the cob
    green grapes
    strawberries
    cherry tomatoes
    mushrooms
    zucchini
  • Oncebittentwiceshy38
    Oncebittentwiceshy38 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love really cold greek yogurt with organic honey and half a banana. Its really helped me beat my ice-cream addiction!
    I also really love corn on the cob with some frank's hot sauce
    Chilli's- I love making a spicy salad with some red peppers and lime.
    Oatmeal, I never thought I would love it as much as I do, especially with the different combos you can have
    Sweet potato

experimenting! I really enjoy cooking these days, the skinnytaste website is amazing for that.

I love hot sauce on so many things and just read that it's good for raising endorphins! But, really what I want to suggest is oatmeal with cocoa powder, p butter and some truvia (or low glycemic sweeter of choice) yum!!