Pop tarts vs. Toaster Strudel

Options

Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

Second, I've found by a quick perusal of the responses to my post that most ( most , but not all ) of the greatest defenders of garbage like Pop Tarts are those who are farthest from reaching their goal.

1. I don't find that to be true at all but it's an easy statement to throw out there without substantiating, so I can see why you'd try it.

Because the most vociferous Pop Tart defenders here (there are two, one of whom called me "orthorexic" and the other who said I was a member of cult and "food phobic", and they know who they are - you can read back if you're curious) are both in the camp of being far from goal. If you want some substantiation, dig a little.

But if they have hit their minimum protein and fat targets, and still have some calories left to have a pop-tart, why is it a problem?

People aren't eating 100% pop-tarts, they are eating pop-tarts as part of an otherwise healthy diet.

Just like you did with your dessert today.

I never SAID it was a problem - I said that Pop-Tarts and Toaster Strudel are garbage, nothing but a sugar and fat delivery system. If that's what you want to eat, more power to you. But your fitness is like The Slight Edge - a total of a lot of seemingly small decisions that have no apparent impact at the moment you make them but their cumulative effect over time determines whether you succeed or fail. So if you want to eat a Pop Tart, go ahead - but I'd never pretend it was "food" that was going past my lips, or that it in any way is going to contribute to my well-being and in fact is a setback I could have avoided.

a man after my own heart. :drinker:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I never SAID it was a problem - I said that Pop-Tarts and Toaster Strudel are garbage, nothing but a sugar and fat delivery system. If that's what you want to eat, more power to you. But your fitness is like The Slight Edge - a total of a lot of seemingly small decisions that have no apparent impact at the moment you make them but their cumulative effect over time determines whether you succeed or fail. So if you want to eat a Pop Tart, go ahead - but I'd never pretend it was "food" that was going past my lips, or that it in any way is going to contribute to my well-being and in fact is a setback I could have avoided.

What's wrong with sugar & fat? You need both.
  • blodk66
    blodk66 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    neither, both are processed. :sad:
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

Second, I've found by a quick perusal of the responses to my post that most ( most , but not all ) of the greatest defenders of garbage like Pop Tarts are those who are farthest from reaching their goal.

1. I don't find that to be true at all but it's an easy statement to throw out there without substantiating, so I can see why you'd try it.

Because the most vociferous Pop Tart defenders here (there are two, one of whom called me "orthorexic" and the other who said I was a member of cult and "food phobic", and they know who they are - you can read back if you're curious) are both in the camp of being far from goal. If you want some substantiation, dig a little.

But if they have hit their minimum protein and fat targets, and still have some calories left to have a pop-tart, why is it a problem?

People aren't eating 100% pop-tarts, they are eating pop-tarts as part of an otherwise healthy diet.

I've never had a Pop-Tart in my life, and don't intend to start now, but find it odd how you can criticise the food that some of them eat , when you ahve admitted to eating *Shock horror* Ice cream & fudge. What makes your fat and sugar any better than their fat and sugar?

Also, the two people you have picked out have lost a substantial amount of weight, I consider that far more of a success than a failure.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

In digging back just a single page, I found a guy that likes pop tarts that has lost 158 pounds so far.

Weird
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    neither, both are processed. :sad:

I hope this was a joke.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Never had a toaster strudel, so I guess Poptarts win, but they're gross. I did make some from scratch that were pretty amazing, though.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

I've never had a Pop-Tart in my life, and don't intend to start now, but find it odd how you can criticise the food that some of them eat , when you ahve admitted to eating *Shock horror* Ice cream & fudge. What makes your fat and sugar any better than their fat and sugar?

Also, the two people you have picked out have lost a substantial amount of weight, I consider that far more of a success than a failure.

*sigh* because while earlyxer and I both recognize that the ice cream & fudge or the pop tarts are less optimal, less nourishing choices, those who started this thread legitimately don't see it that way. is it ok to make bad choices in moderation, or even as much as 20% of your diet? sure, why not. but they're still LESS nutritious choices than you could be making. Fair?

magerum, et al don't see it that way. they think there's legitimate, significant nutritional value in pop tarts.
  • DavPul
    Options

a man after my own heart. :drinker:

Get a room
    Options

A setback? 200 calories is a setback? Really? If you truly believe that then I'd be among those labeling you as food phobic.
    Options
    Never had a toaster strudel, so I guess Poptarts win, but they're gross. I did make some from scratch that were pretty amazing, though.

poptarts are gross yet you attempted to make them from scratch. very interesting.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

In digging back just a single page, I found a guy that likes pop tarts that has lost 158 pounds so far.

Weird

Through me on the I like Pop tarts list to and I have lost a few pounds too..... :drinker:
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    how about a pop tart toaster strudel sandwich? toaster strudels as bread, pop tart in the middle.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options

poptarts are gross yet you attempted to make them from scratch. very interesting.

Lol! True. Didn't think of that when posting. It was more for the kids (as they have no problems with Poptarts). Mine weren't 'healthy' by any stretch, but a little more so than the real thing.
    Options
    toaster strudel has to be the middle--it goozes. lol.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    toaster strudel has to be the middle--it goozes. lol.

ah okay, good point.. so then 2 pop tarts as the bread and a toaster strudel in the middle. and that makes more sense because you can add the icing as a condiment in the middle
  • DavPul
    Options

Weird

Through me on the I like Pop tarts list to and I have lost a few pounds too..... :drinker:

I guess you aren't close enough to goal for his liking, Ed. Sorry, try harder next time, OK?
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

Weird

I guess you aren't close enough to goal for his liking, Ed. Sorry, try harder next time, OK?

LOL Ok Fine!! :drinker: I will try........ :smokin:
  • Medic911ETH
    Medic911ETH Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Strudels do not give me indigestion.... plus they actually taste like things I wish to eat.....

Pop tarts are a plague on the human race.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Strudels do not give me indigestion.... plus they actually taste like things I wish to eat.....

Pop tarts are a plague on the human race.

eea5a5fb65f8c32781312abd8ae567fc_zps60e040b8.jpg