Vegan Cat help!!

Options

Replies

• tenintwenty
    Options
    If you are going to be vegan, don't have a carnivore for a pet... Dogs can subsist on a vegan diet, but cat can't, sorry.
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Perhaps what you need is a pet that supports your vegan lifestyle, like a rabbit. A cat is obviously not the best fit for your family.
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Are you honestly stupid? Cats are naturally carnivores.

I really hope this is a April Fool's joke.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Vegan cats eat vegan mice. I thought everyone knew that.

Happy April 1.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    "killing innocent animals" its part of life im afraid

Life maybe . . . but not in my house and Nadia lives in my house.

Nature will prevail. Restrict the meat and over time....your cat will EAT YOUR CHILDREN.
    :-P

Shouldn't the cat eat her? The kids aren't the ones trying to kill it.

Now we're talking. I have a dread fear of dying in my house and not having given the cats enough food to last them until my body starts to smell enough to alert the neighbors. I just know they'll start eating my fingers and nose.

And I give them meaty goodness. None of that vegan fake biscuits.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    You need to stop doing that right meow \m/
    1269259657_omg_cat.gif
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Cats are carnivores. Making a cat vegan is cruelty. It is the equivalent of starving them.

Don't believe me? Go talk to a reputable veterinarian and have them tell you what you can expect if you do this to your animal.

And a link from a Vegetarian website.
    http://www.essentialvegetarian.com/2007/07/08/7-reasons-why-your-cat-cannot-be-vegetarian/
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Don't turn your back or go to sleep around that cat. She's gonna be grumpy, lean, and very hungry.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Sounds legit considering the source.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Please be a joke, please be a joke, please be a joke.
    Sadly there are plenty of people out there who actually think its okay to force their lifestyles on to there pets, even if its kills their pet.
  • raichhype
    raichhype Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I really hope this is a joke.

Not to mention forcing your children into being vegan?! no thanks.

I know a vegan lady who gave her children the choice, one became vegetarian and the other became a meat-eater.

I've been vegetarian two times in the past but I would not force my boyfriend or my DOG to be a vegetarian.

That is gross.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in learning more about this topic, since I, too have situation dealing with a vegan cat.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Hopefully this is an April Fools b/c cat's are carnivores and if you are for ethical treatment of animals ....you are harming your cat by trying to force vegetables into him. Humans are omnivores, we can eat both...cat's NOT they cannot, they have a short intestine they cannot digest plants and they cannot get the right nutrition from it.

Be kind to your cat and give your cat to someone who will feed him MEAT as he was meant to be fed.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    If you are going to be vegan, don't have a carnivore for a pet... Dogs can subsist on a vegan diet, but cat can't, sorry.

Dogs are opertunistic(?) carnivores. They'll eat eat other things but a truely healthy diet for them has meat, bones, and organs.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    people need to chill

Thank you. I completely agree. Everyone acts like I'm some menace when the reality is domesticates animals can and SHOULD live in a peaceful AND healthy manner.

Everyone keep attacking me because of their own misconceptions on eating meat.
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Dear Cros,

As you friend, I need to be honest with you. I've kept this to myself for quite some time for fear of hurting your feelings. Your puss-y needs meat to function optimally. I know that isn't what you want to hear, but meat substitutes just don't do the trick.
  • ximills
    ximills Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    people need to chill

Thank you. I completely agree. Everyone acts like I'm some menace when the reality is domesticates animals can and SHOULD live in a peaceful AND healthy manner.

Everyone keep attacking me because of their own misconceptions on eating meat.

I would suggest not bothering with this website for information on this topic. Try a vegan website if you are looking for support.

Also- I see that MFP went over the top with April Fools and cat jokes. Sigh.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Dear Cros,

As you friend, I need to be honest with you. I've kept this to myself for quite some time for fear of hurting your feelings. Your puss-y needs meat to function optimally. I know that isn't what you want to hear, but meat substitutes just don't do the trick.

:laugh: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :blushing:
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Hello

Me and my family have recently decided to go vegan. It's been about one year now and so far we're all really enjoying it (the kids sometimes complain about the food lol). But the newest addition to our family, a six month old Munchkin named Nadia, absolutely refuses to adopt our vegan lifestyle. I've picked up a few recipes off the internet but she absolutely REFUSES to eat. My family and I are big into animal welfare and we just don't believe in harming other animals. Any ideas?

Here is what I'm feeding her now:

Deflated Soya 480 grams
    Wheat flour 160 gram
    Bajra flour 160 grams
    Maize flour 160 grams
    Edible oil 20 grams
    Skim milk (I substitute with alomonds!) powder 10 grams
    Dried yeast powder 5 grams
    Salt to taste

I then make it into a dough and place it in the oven and make it into biscuits.

this has to be trolling.

it's frankly inhumane to feed cats a veggie diet when that's NOT what they're meant to eat

lol nvm April 1, totally trolling. nice job. :)
  • Barmaidsah
    Barmaidsah Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if you're serious or not.
    Cats are not Vegans. They are carnivores. They eat meat. They NEED meat. Trust me, a cat does not have any ethical issues with eating another animal. Please don't force your human lifestyle on a non-human.

I'm sorry you feel that I'm forcing my lifestyle on other people. My cat's ethical issues aren't really my concern. Both me and my family have witnessed the health benefits of going vegan and I think it's time that Nadia does the same. We our trying to teach our children to love and respect other animals. How am I suppose to reiterate the importance of a vegan lifestyle to my children while feeding my cat meat?

How is it love and respect to take a cat, force it to change it's entire being because you want to change yours, especially if the cat is going hungry? If that cat was in the wild, it would hunt and kill and eat birds, mice etc. Humans are omnivores, and I applaud you and your family's effort to adopt an animal free, healthier lifestyle for yourselves. But forcing it on a strict carnivorous animal, such as a cat, is just not right. Maybe if you go to someplace like whole foods you could find a better option for the kitty?