Options

Replies

• Hollycoleman46
    Options
    I'm a follower of Jesus Christ! Woot!
  • PrimroseFlower
    PrimroseFlower Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'll have what Tom Cruise is having.....
  • msleanlegs
    msleanlegs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Used to be Christian (Catholic, to be exact) until I decided to actually read the Bible cover-to-cover years ago. It woke me right up out of thinking Christianity was the moral choice. I've become a better person since going atheist, focusing more on being a kind person than striving to be obedient to faith.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Christian
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Roman Catholic.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    pastafarian
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I'll get back to you when I figure it out. ( i was raised with my father saying that to us....and now...i realise how smart he was)
  • fayeonherway
    Options
    I'm anti-religion, but I do like Pastafarianism. Then again I like anything with the word PASTA in it. The deity is really cute!

I follow:
    Always love and respect myself
    Respect others
    Forgive so that I can move on
    Have a purpose that can fuel my passions
    Don't impose myself and all that I entail on others
    Try my best to not abuse the planet and its inhabitants
    Treat people the way I would like to be treated.

Unfortunately religion screws those things up for me so that's what I chose not to subscribe to any. :flowerforyou:
  • MaintainCats
    MaintainCats Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    No religion, also atheist.

You sure? I'm sure the teachings of FSM would benefit you! We all need a little pasta in our lives!

Here, take a copy of the New Pastament.

I have an FSM on my car...but I don't follow his teachings as closely as I should.
  • MRL1107
    MRL1107 Posts: 74
    Options
    Attended a Baptist church my whole life.
  • PALady4JC
    PALady4JC Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I believe Catholics are Christians?
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I'm a follower of Jesus Christ! Woot!

^This^
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Born and raised Roman Catholic.

I don't believe in the Bibles teachings 100% - I wouldn't attempt or think of killing my brother (or child if I had one), I think gay marriage should be accepted, I praise gay couples who have kids, reproduction is not the reason for people to get married - Love is, divorce happens, I'm no virgin and never been married.

I do go to church almost every Sunday and find issues with some of the Gospels and my poor boyfriend who is very religous hears my rants and he mostly agrees with me. I'm no fool, I understand the "beliefs", however, it's the 21st century... Catholics REALLY need to get with the times! That's what bugs me :/
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I grew up with a single mom, she grew up Catholic, but she wasn't a "good Catholic". We never went to church as a family, or anything like that. I have my own relationship with God but don't really believe in organized religion. Since He is all knowing, I don't feel I need to go to church in order for Him to know where I stand and what I believe.
    Now time for me to sound just like my mother "I am a single mom, working full time, and going to school full time. Sundays are for cleaning house!"
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Openminded Christian. :) I don't follow the belief that if you aren't a Christian you automatically go to h3ll, even if you have led a good life.
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I am in agreement with Ziggy Marely who sings "Love is my religion"
  • tarranp
    tarranp Posts: 12
    Options
    Atheist.
  • regosaki
    regosaki Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm a follower of the church of Richard Dawkins! This god bollocks has got to stop, aren't we supposedly 21st century 'enlightened' thinkers?
  • IronMikeFox
    IronMikeFox Posts: 458
    Options
    I don't know that there is a particular religion that believes exactly what I believe. I follow the philosophy outlined in the book "A Course in Miracles". The best way I could explain it would be to say I am a "Gnostic Christian". I believe the teachings of Jesus, but not as interpreted by modern Christianity. I follow more of the philosophy of the gnostics that were shunned by early Christians who had a more centrist interpretation of Jesus's teachings and wound up establishing "the church".

Who is the author of the book?
    What is the "philosophy of the gnostics"?
    How do you define "early Christians?" The disciples? Those who were alive during Jesus' time on earth? Those persecuted by the Romans or Jewish phairsees etc.?
    Who "wound up establishing the church"?

Not looking for an argument, just information.
    Thanks.:smile:

Hey Susan. I don't want to derail the thread and turn it into something it was never intended to be, so I will answer you in a PM. I am at work right now, so it will be later in the day. Have a great one! :o)
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Is "none" an option? :)

And last time I was on here with my old account, they had made it so you can post things like this, but usually a mod would pop in letting everyone know to keep it civil and that these conversations were "better suited" for the groups.

This one seems to be doing a really good job. I think it's because OP asked what your religion is, not WHY your religion is. When people get into explanations they can start looking down on others' religions. Nice job, OP!
This discussion has been closed.