What's your religion?

Options

Replies

• DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I am Whovian.

I would like to withdraw my earlier statement and second this. Praise him.
  • LeonorMG
    LeonorMG Posts: 93
    Options
    Is "none" an option? :)

And last time I was on here with my old account, they had made it so you can post things like this, but usually a mod would pop in letting everyone know to keep it civil and that these conversations were "better suited" for the groups.

This one seems to be doing a really good job. I think it's because OP asked what your religion is, not WHY your religion is. When people get into explanations they can start looking down on others' religions. Nice job, OP!

Thank you!
    I would never ask why, that would be a terrible mistake, considering the fact that religion is already a controversial topic.
    A lot of people are asking me why I have chosen this topic, I did it because I truly believe that by doing so you are breaking what is known as a Taboo. I know that it doesn't have anything to do with fitness - I know that - but neither has that topic about how sexy the person above you is. That is what makes this site so interesting, I was trying to take it to another level. That way you are expressing your opinion without being judge - so far - and you are also "bonding" in a certain way.
    I was setting a precedent to other interesting topics.
    I'm not imposing anything to anyone. I truly believe that everyone is feeling free to comment on this topic without being afraid of what the others will think. Whether we want it or not, religion has a huge role in today's society, is it so wrong to openly talk about it?
    Everyone is doing a great job keeping this an educate discussion!
    Thank you for that! :)
  • DianaDuhh
    DianaDuhh Posts: 29
    Options
    I am CatholiChristian.! haha. Mom is Catholic but over the years I started leanin' towards Christian. She doesn't mind it so I don't. (:

You do realize that Catholic is Christian, don't you? I think you mean Protestant. I am Catholic. And Christian!:bigsmile:

They are different and yet the same. Since when do Christians have Saints..?? haha.. I think I know what I mean. Thanks though. >:B
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Southern Baptist (Christian)
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I just like bacon
    :laugh:
  • PDXContessa
    PDXContessa Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am CatholiChristian.! haha. Mom is Catholic but over the years I started leanin' towards Christian. She doesn't mind it so I don't. (:

You do realize that Catholic is Christian, don't you? I think you mean Protestant. I am Catholic. And Christian!:bigsmile:

They are different and yet the same. Since when do Christians have Saints..?? haha.. I think I know what I mean. Thanks though. >:B

Catholics are followers of Christ, therefore Christian.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I'm a pastafarian

All hail The Flying Sphagetti Monster!

yIOEP4k.jpg
    am I allowed to quote pics on this thread? this is a scream.... Oh and catholic here...
  • imani0627
    imani0627 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a Sunni Muslim Revert... I was raised Lutheran, but always had questions, and doubts. In 2012 I made my reversion to Islam official, though I had minored in it in college in 2007. It was always in me, I just needed strength to publicly declare it.

After looking through a few pages I feel like the only Muslim on here- lol.

Barakah (blessings) to all in your goals
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Catholics are Christian. As are Anglicans, Baptists and Episcopalians. haha,
  • OneEyeUp
    OneEyeUp Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I am a Sunni Muslim Revert... I was raised Lutheran, but always had questions, and doubts. In 2012 I made my reversion to Islam official, though I had minored in it in college in 2007. It was always in me, I just needed strength to publicly declare it.

After looking through a few pages I feel like the only Muslim on here- lol.

Barakah (blessings) to all in your goals

Welcome. I am also sunni muslim revert.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I was going to say Catholic until I saw that Whovian was an option. I am definitely a Whovian.
  • _mrsgigi_
    _mrsgigi_ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Roman Catholic
  • sjwright66
    Options
    Christian. Non-denominational Christian but I'm attending a Methodist Church currently.
  • CherylAnn38
    CherylAnn38 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Agnostic anti-theist.
  • Paganrosemama
    Paganrosemama Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Raised Christian but now Pagan/Wiccan with emphasis on Greek and Egyptian Gods.

Like Christianity and it's different branches, does Pagganism have different branches? I noticed you said Greek and Egyptian Gods. My husband's former boss said she was Paggan and he asked what she believed and she replied "not Christianity".

Yes, yes, there are almost as many branches of paganism as there are pagans! Paganism is a very individualistic religion. Trying to have pagans conform to a standard would be like trying to herd cats...
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Agnostic :D
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I am Whovian.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYDls24KfCOZUF40CYVXY6oGX0zjSOFU8-_t6Pe_ciP_D3XsA4
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I'm Christian Non Denominational, I attend a Covenant Church
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I am Whovian.

I would like to withdraw my earlier statement and second this. Praise him.
    Does this mean I can be Sherlockian?

tumblr_mkgmoqnQ2b1s1pwbko1_500.png
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    esoteric_order_of_dagon_womens_dark_tshirt.jpg?color=Black&height=460&width=460&padToSquare=true
This discussion has been closed.