Lose 5 Pounds a Month- July 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options

Bru-
    I have an eating challenge idea for the 4th! Veggies on the BBQ:
    Fill 1/2 your plate with salad and the other 1/2 with grilled veggies (or just raw veggies if you want) then eat the whole plate before going back for the "good stuff" like potato salad or burgers or whatever your having. That way not only do you get healthy calories on a hard eating day but you also fill up on the healthy stuff and wont eat as much of the bad because you first eat the good! :bigsmile: Sound good?
    :

Maybe you could offer to bring a veggie plate.

I am feeling like this next week will be bad. Vacation starts after work tomorrow. We are flying to Oregon. Last was at my father-in-laws all they ate was junk. But we are spending 3 days at the coast at a place with its own kitchen so I know at least there I can try to cook healthier. And if I remember correctly there are lots of little road-side places that sell fresh fruits and veggies that were just picked out of the fields. They live in the valley and they grow tons of produce in the area. I do plan to taste wines at one winery, or maybe more. I plan to relax and have fun and yes drink, but plan to watch what I eat and get in at least a few runs.

Glad to see all the newcomers and YOU CAN DO THIS!

That would work as long as everyone has access to a bbq/grill. I,for one will not have access to a grill personally as I'm headed to a friends parents house (and they are they 'eat what is fixed only' type), but still plan on eating veggies this weekend no matter what :D
  • swimmstar92
    Options
    I'm in!
    July 1 weight: 155
    Aug. 1 goal weight: 150!

Hopefully having this challenge and wanting to be able to compete will help me stick with it!
  • Billrk13
    Billrk13 Posts: 6
    Options
    I too am in,

I started on monday at a very sad 210 lbs, but I am happy to say that my thursday wiegh in puts my July 1 starting wieght at 205.8.

I am eating better, drinking alot less :) (lol, I am a bit of a partier), and 4 days into my first 90 days of p90x.

And I feel better already, all be it very soar.... lol...

Good luck to you all this month. We can do it
  • alleymae
    alleymae Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in.....
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am so IN!!!! I"m really gonna get off these lbs this mth...my 40th bday is around the corner and I wanted to be down!

And i just weighed in and am mad at myself! :mad: :mad: Time for me to get it into gear!

July 1 CW: 206.... :cry:

But I'm totally in Ladies....:flowerforyou:
  • fivefatcats
    fivefatcats Posts: 368
    Options
    I'm here! Lots of activity already!!

July 1st weight: 168.4

Goal: ???

Still on HCG protocol - not sure what to set for a reasonable goal. We'll see how far we get!!
  • sandraq77
    sandraq77 Posts: 3
    Options
    Im in...starting weight 165. I joined this site on Monday. Logging my meals daily has helped me realize how lazy I am. I don't exercise at all and consume way toooooo many calories. No wonder i gained 20 pounds over this past year. Last summer i lost 15 pounds. I was so pround. I haven't been to the gym in one year, yup, last time i was at the gym was July 2009. So sad. These past 3 days have been so hard, i cant seem to lower my calories. How do you consume just 1200 calories a day? Im finding this impossible to accomplish!!! I guess i really need to start exercising...ugh!

newbie*

1366650.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Time to kick butt in July! I will weigh in tomorrow.

Bru, I have no preference on any of the challenge stuff--- everything is cool with me! I like the variety challenges give us and most of all the motivation so I am game for anything. I like Jenn's idea for this weekend. I am not even going to look at the potato salad until I stuff myself with veggies first!

I did W4D1 on c25k today. I am happy with myself for getting back in the gym but it sure was hard! I finished Week 3 about a month ago and haven't done any running since. That is probably why I felt so near death in my last 5 minute run. :laugh:

Have a great day, everyone! Tomorrow is Friday!:drinker:
  • melodieRN
    melodieRN Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm in another challenge but this is a good goal to shoot for today 230.2. goal 225.0
  • sweetheart312
    sweetheart312 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    july 1st weight 188.8
    goal 183.00
  • 4mcm
    4mcm Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm in! This is my first week back on the wagon...

07/01....... 169 lb.
    08/01....... 164 lb.

I plan to weigh in every 5 days (1st, 5th, 10th, etc)
    Good Luck to all!
  • nurseenf
    nurseenf Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Count me in...
    7/1/10 156.5
    8/1/10 151.5
  • FitMama216
    Options
    I'm in...
    7/1/10 136.2
    8/1/10 131.2
  • md24greene
    md24greene Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in.. I like small goals...

CW 07/01 177
    GW 08/01 172
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to report my whole post, but check out my thread if you haven't already:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/104622-wear-your-weight?page=1#posts-1445400
  • joanewright
    Options
    I'm in! July 1 SW: 187
    August 1 GW: 182
    September 1 GW: 177
    October 1 GW: 172
    November 1 GW: 167
    December 1 GW: 162
  • sweetgal2301
    sweetgal2301 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in .... I am at 136lbs right now and I want to lose 5 - 6 lbs in July

1107187.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • naturalShar
    Options
    I'm in also!
    July 1st- 249
    goal for July 31st is 241 but i'll take what I can get
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! This weekend will def. be hard but I'm up for it!!

SW-230
    GW-225
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm actually going to aim for 7.5 but I'd be happy with 5lbs. Good luck everyone!!!!!:smile:

CW~ 187.5lbs
    Goal for end of July 180