EGGS ARE GOOD EAT THEM

Options

Replies

• mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    OK I did some googling and I feel really dumb about eggs!
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    But they still don't taste very good.
    Taste is subjective. I like egg yolk, including the taste. I purposely leave mine a little runny and dip my bacon in it just like I did when I was a kid...

The only time I can see people purposely eating JUST the egg white is if 1) they don't tolerate yolk well (for whatever reason) or 2) they want all the protein they can get without additional calories - ie: dieting.

But for me, if it fits in my caloric totals for the day ... whole egg all the way. Preferably with a side of naturally-cured bacon and fresh-from-the-butcher sausage, thank you.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Eat the whole thing!! Who has time to separate them anyway???? Besides, the good stuff far outweighs any of the 'bad' stuff. If you believe it.
  • jessvaughn74
    jessvaughn74 Posts: 164 Member
    Options

You mean they are not the chicken?!? Ok I have to go do some googling myself...
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options

Thanks for the chuckle! Hey, the yolk is round and yellow, just like a little chicken.... I totally get it. :tongue:
  • Garlicmash
    Garlicmash Posts: 208
    Options
    All ways eat them whole and eat loads.
    If i need to seperate i always keep what wasn't used and add it to the next eggs i eat.
    Really can't stand to know some waste full ppl through away the yolk...thats the best bit.
    Makes me think of ppl who through a way the broccoli stalk,can't stand that either.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Eggs rule.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I love eggs and eat them just about every day.

Whole eggs are a perfect food nutritionally speaking. Take away the yolk and it is incomplete.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I have at least 1 chicken or duck egg a day, hard boiled, as a snack before bed.
    I find them very filling, and very good if you are struggling with sweet cravings.

Edited to avoid any confusion, lol.
  • albertabeefy
    Options
    Have at least 1 chicken or duck egg a day...
    ... for a second there I thought that was a recommendation to eat at least 1 chicken or duck a day ... And I thought 'geesh, I can't eat an entire chicken or duck every day... I need to space a whole chicken or duck over 2 days' ...
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Have at least 1 chicken or duck egg a day...
    ... for a second there I thought that was a recommendation to eat at least 1 chicken or duck a day ... And I thought 'geesh, I can't eat an entire chicken or duck every day... I need to space a whole chicken or duck over 2 days' ...

Haha, yes, same here, though admittedly, my bf can eat a whole chicken in one go. I think it left him feeling really unwell though the other day as he had that on top of a load of easter eggs.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    So how do people get high cholesterol without being overweight yet eat a diet high in fat and cholesterol?hmmm
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Eat the eggs! Eat the whole eggs! Yolks aren't evil. Dietary fat and cholesterol have nothing to do with the fat and cholesterol on and in your body. http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/fats-full-story/ (ignore the crap at the bottom about replacing butter, dairy, and red meats... that's pure tripe).

JUST EAT THE FREAKIN' EGGS FFS.

Edit for eggs article: http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/eggs/
    Eggsellent!
  • 20kb13
    20kb13 Posts: 161
    Options
    I was eating 2 eggs a day for awhile, but everyone was telling me my cholesterol would go up because I'm eating the yolk. So then I saw some post about how you shouldn't eat more than 4 whole eggs a week because of the cholesterol..... I tried doing 1 egg every other day and the rest just egg whites. But the egg whites alone can be so boring!

I'd rather eat the whole egg... don't body builders eat the whole egg raw? I'd never do that but what is so wrong with eating the whole damn egg.
  • albertabeefy
    Options
    So how do people get high cholesterol without being overweight yet eat a diet high in fat and cholesterol?hmmm
    There's two mechanisms for this:

1. They eat not just a high-intake of dietary fat and cholesterol, but also a high-intake of carbohydrates, especially refined carbohydrates, or;

2. They are genetically predisposed to hypercholesterolemia, which some people are.

However, who cares? High cholesterol is not an indicator of poor health. It was once thought it was a cause of CVD, and a hypothesis was presented - but that hypothesis was not only never proven, but while attempting to prove it clinical and epidemiological trials more-often-than not found negative correlations to high serum cholesterol levels and CVD.
  • Topher1978
    Options
    There is only a very small percentage of people that are affected by cholesterol in the diet. Most people are not affected by dietary cholesterol.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I do 1-2 whole eggs and the rest egg white for breakfast simply because it fits my day's goal better
    Yolks are yummy, but I love me some egg whites
  • Topher1978
    Options
    I was eating 2 eggs a day for awhile, but everyone was telling me my cholesterol would go up because I'm eating the yolk. So then I saw some post about how you shouldn't eat more than 4 whole eggs a week because of the cholesterol..... I tried doing 1 egg every other day and the rest just egg whites. But the egg whites alone can be so boring!

I'd rather eat the whole egg... don't body builders eat the whole egg raw? I'd never do that but what is so wrong with eating the whole damn egg.
    I am drinking my nighttime protein shake right now. There is a raw egg in it. I have up to 3 raw eggs per day!
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Oh how I love EGGS!!! I eat them every day. Every single day. I do separate my yolks/whites but its only because I have a sweet dog who LOVES egg yolks. So most days I have 2 whole eggs + 1 white, and my sweet Snowy gets the yolk from the separated egg. Her coat, eyes, and skin LOVE IT. She's 11 years old and acts and looks like a puppy - nobody believes me when I tell them how old she is! Well we both start our day with a healthy breakfast, so I think we'll keep on doing what works! LOVE EGGS. EGGS RULE.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    There's two mechanisms for this:

1. They eat not just a high-intake of dietary fat and cholesterol, but also a high-intake of carbohydrates, especially refined carbohydrates, or;

2. They are genetically predisposed to hypercholesterolemia, which some people are.

However, who cares? High cholesterol is not an indicator of poor health. It was once thought it was a cause of CVD, and a hypothesis was presented - but that hypothesis was not only never proven, but while attempting to prove it clinical and epidemiological trials more-often-than not found negative correlations to high serum cholesterol levels and CVD.

Exactly right. People's bodies MAKE cholesterol. And Raidergirl.. I'm 280 pounds of obeseness.. and I eat eggs and shrimp and other high cholesterol foods and my cholesterol is so low that it shows up as "outside the norms" on most tests. Being obese doesn't cause you to have high cholesterol either...