Lose 5 Pounds a Month- July 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I am so glad i found this site. : ) I am doing this exact goal and i did lose 5 pounds in june so im looking forward to another 5 - 8 pounds in july : ) Im definately in!

June start weight - floating between 176 and 178
    July start weight - 172.8

July 30th goal weight - 167or maybe even 165

good luck everyone!!! :)
  • Ralu19
    Ralu19 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! I'm in as well!

July SW: 158lbs (72 kg)

GW: 152lbs (69kg)

I would really really love to get below 70, I've been losing and gaining back these two kilos for the past weeks.

So, good luck to all of us and have a great weekend!
  • leix
    leix Posts: 176
    Options
    im in!

end month goal:185
    1st july : 189
    1lb gone so far.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi, And a big thank you to everyone for their congrats on me reaching my Goal Weight :bigsmile: it is much appreciated :flowerforyou: And here we are the start of another month and i have moved my ticker and going for a few more pounds so I'm in again for July :laugh:

starting Weight with MFP on 1/12/10........164.5
    Weight on 5/1/10............................................138
    Weight on 5/7/10............................................136
    Weight on 5/14/10..........................................134
    Weight on 5/21/10..........................................132
    Weight on 5/28/10..........................................131
    Weight on 6/4/10............................................129
    Weight on 6/11/10..........................................128
    Weight on 6/18/10..........................................127.5
    Weight on 6/25/10..........................................126 i'VE DONE IT ..... REACHED GOAL WEIGHT

Goal Weight for end of June........................126
    Final Goal Weight..........................................126
    New Goal Weight end of July......................121

Weight on 7/2/10............................................125

Well i've lost another pound so really really Happy :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • heidivodka
    heidivodka Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh I'm in. I've been on here for years but not jumped into losing weight properly.

So here we go:

Start weight: 155 lbs (i'm guessing as I've not weighed myself yet)

1st August - 150 lbs
    1st September - 145 lbs
    1st October - 140 lbs
    1st November - 135 lbs
    1st December - 130 lbs (fingers crossed)

Can anyone give me any tips or suggestions. My food diary is open for people to see, I just need that encouragement !!

Thank you all my lovelies xx
  • marzy27
    marzy27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in , thanks for the challenge I need to loose 5 lbs
  • taalibahdenise
    Options
    Let's do it!:

Cap weight as of 12/31/09: 190lbs
    Start weight 01/01/10: 185lbs
    Weight as of 3/15/10: 172lbs
    Weight as of today: 167lbs :smile:
    Goal Weight as 7/31/10: 150lbs
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

This is from SHAPE magazine

5 INSTANT BURN BOOSTER

1. CLOSE YOUR EYES DURING CORE MOVES ON A STABILITY BALL. You'll force you muscles to contract more to keep you balanced which helps you get faster results.

2. AFTER YOU DO A SET OF CRUNCHES, FLIP OVER AND HOLD A PLANK POSE FOR 30 SECONDS. Working your abs in the face-up and face-down position helps you sculpt your core from all angles.

3. DURING UPPER-BODY TONERS, STAND ON ONE FOOT AND TETHER THE OTHER LEG TO A RESISTANCE BAND ATTACHED TO A WEIGHT BENCH AT YOU SIDE SO THAT THE BAND IS TAUT WHEN YOUR FOOT IS LIFTED SLIGHTLY OFF THE GROUND: YOUR OUTER HIP MUSCLES WILL HAVE TO CONTRACT TO KEEP YOU IN PLACE. SWITCH LEGS BETWEEN SETS.

4. PUT A WEIGHTED PLATE OR BOOK UNDER THE LEFT SIDE OF A STEP-UP BENCH TO GIVE IT A SLIGHT TILT. Do step-ups on your left leg- your glutes will work overtime to keep you balanced-then repeat on the opposite leg with the plate propping up the right side.

5. USE A HEAVY DUMBBELL IN ONE HAND AN D ALIGHT ONE IN THE OTHER DURING STRENGTH MOVES LIKE FLIES AND PRESSES. The uneven weight makes your core work harder to keep you balanced-just don't forget to switch the weights between sets.

Just some ideas to maybe change up parts of your workout routine.

Have a healthy Friday!

Terri
  • SilverRoxy
    SilverRoxy Posts: 64
    Options
    Barty...that's fantastic! I definitely need your help....what have you done to keep on track?
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    I'll join too! I need something to keep me motivated.

July 1-195
    Dec goal-165
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    So my official Friday weigh in is 150.6. Absolutely no change from yesterday. I just want to see the 140's for real. I have seen it on the scale but not on a Friday.:grumble:
  • shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    June 1: 162
    July 1: 156

Ok, so I lost 6 lbs. in June so I should be happy, right? I'm not because last weekend was terrible and I gained a lb. :sad: Oh well, I will just have to work a little harder this month. I'm ready to kick butt!

Terri- Great tips! Thanks for sharing! I need to get a stability ball.
  • Racing_hotty
    Options
    I'm In....

July 1st CW:170
    Aug 1st GW: 165
    Sept 1st GW: 160

Wedding Sept 18, 2010... YIPPIE
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Great tips, Terri! Thanks for sharing!

July starting weight: 161 :sad:
    August 1 goal weight: 156 and I hope I smash it!
  • JABehler
    JABehler Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,

Congrats Barty! That's great.
    Positively Me.....I'm rooting for you!. Hope you see ONEderland soon.
    SilverRoxy....You go!

Is it me, or does anyone else out there have a tendency to eat/snack more when around certain people? I tend to do that around my mom. What's up with that? I think I'm still trying to please my "mommy". Good Lord, I'm 59!
    Just had spent a week down with her. She lives 2 1/2 hrs away and our trip down was not planned. She has just had 2 trips to the ER in the last week. Back problems and breathing problems. Both times she was not admitted but I felt I could not leave her home alone until I felt comfortable she will take better care of herself. She's soon to be 81.
    She always has "junk" food around that house and doesn't fix normal balanced meals. Hence unless I plan and cook, its junk stuff.
    Back home today and back on track.
    Happy 4th to all! Thank God and our forefathers for our freedom. Let's keep it that way.

Jacque
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am in too!

July 2nd SW: 198.4
    Aug 1 GW: 193.4 (morning after a wedding!)
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Im in...starting weight 165. I joined this site on Monday. Logging my meals daily has helped me realize how lazy I am. I don't exercise at all and consume way toooooo many calories. No wonder i gained 20 pounds over this past year. Last summer i lost 15 pounds. I was so pround. I haven't been to the gym in one year, yup, last time i was at the gym was July 2009. So sad. These past 3 days have been so hard, i cant seem to lower my calories. How do you consume just 1200 calories a day? Im finding this impossible to accomplish!!! I guess i really need to start exercising...ugh!

newbie*

1366650.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Ok, so the first thing I would advise to eat if you are trying to lower calories is raw veggies.
    This is what I do...
    I have oatmeal in the am (about 200 cals for a big bowl of the whole oats w/ some fruit) a big salad for lunch and then I snack on raw veggies all afternoon. I have found that if you fill up on fiber in the late afternoon it is easier to stay in control with portions at dinner. I never use to eat raw veggies but now I love them. I get a plate and fill it up with grape tomatoes, cucumber slices, sweet pepper, baby carrots, whatever veggies you like and just snack away the afternoon. Also drink lots of water because that will help you feel full. If you do feel really hungry just before dinner try eating a low cal and low sodium soup before dinner to help fill you before dinner. Just my 2 cents. Hang with us and you will figure it all out. :flowerforyou:
  • nerlande
    nerlande Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just started this site on Monday and so far it's been so helpful!! :flowerforyou:
    CW: 155
    August GW: 150
  • t2ac
    t2ac Posts: 9
    Options
    Count me in!

July 1st 171lbs
    Aug 1st 166lbs.

I need lots of motivation but I want to do this:)
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Some ideas for people new to weight loss.

These are ideas I have read in magazines or used in my own weight loss.

1. If dropping from your current calorie consumption to 1200-1400 (or whatever your calorie goal is) is too daunting, start by dropping around 100 calories from your dinner each night.....at that rate it will take you a little over a month to lose a pound. After you get used to that drop 100 calories from lunch and then from breakfast....now it will take you around 12 days to lose a pound. Keep cutting a bit here and there and soon you will be withing your calorie guidelines.

2. Don't skip breakfast! Nuf said!

3. Drink lots of water!

4. Give up bread products. Most are laden with calories and unless you eat whole wheat not much nutritional value.

5. Get most of your carbs from vegetables and fruit!

6. Read nutrition labels! Some packages that look like single servings contain several servings so instead of eating 100 calories it may be several hundred.

7. Get enough sleep! When you are tired it is very easy to overeat. For me when I am tired I tend to nibble all day and that can really put you over your calorie limit.

8. IT REALLY IS ABOUT CALORIES. Which is easier not eating a 500 calorie pastry or spending an hour running on the treadmill to burn off that pastry. I love to run but my run will be worth more if I avoid that pastry.

9. Don't let people think you are selfish for taking time to workout. You are doing it for yourself, you are doing it for your family. You want to be around to see your children graduate, to grow old with the love-of-your-life, to (put in whatever you are dreaming)

10. Do not deny yourself everything you love. If you cannot give up ice cream for the rest of your life then you need to figure out how to have it in your life and maintain your goals.

11. Reward yourself for small victories...a new outfit, a manicure, some collectable.....I know the reward should not be food but for me my motivation is 10 pounds and I get to go to Arby's and get some jalepeno poppers:blushing:

12. DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP IF YOU TAKE A WRONG TURN IN THE ROAD! MAKE A U-TURN AND GET RIGHT BACK ON THE RIGHT ROAD. THE LONGER YOU STAY ON THE WRONG ROAD THE LONGER IT TAKES TO GET BACK TO WHERE YOU MADE THE WRONG TURN.

13. Enjoy yourself. This is your life. Be proud of yourself and what you are accomplishing!

Please feel free to add your own insights and wisdom to this list.