'thigh gap'?

Options

Replies

• Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    Most men prefer to create their own thigh gap between a woman's legs with either their hips or head.

And THAT'S the way the cookie crumbles....a mod can close this thread now lol
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Most men prefer to create their own thigh gap between a woman's legs with either their hips or head.

And THAT'S the way the cookie crumbles....a mod can close this thread now lol
    I speak Man-ese.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I want a "thigh gap" but I would love for my thighs to not rub together so much making my shorts ride up even higher and in my opinion look unkept. I am finally able to wear a skirt without spandex underneath because I don't chafe as much!!!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I don't really get the obsession. I have one but I couldn't tell you if I had it before I lost weight or not. I just never noticed because it wasn't important. {shrugs}
  • live2breal
    Options
    Most of the comments and perspectives I have seen about this have been from woman. Some have even said guys don't even know about that. From what I have noticed in guys they do notice and they usually view it negatively like a woman who has been ridden so many times her thigh gap can't be prevented. If you add to that the disproportional appearance of extremely skinny legs it further gives it the appearance of someone addicted to crack. Both of these combined make it even worse. To be fair there are some woman who do have the mention thigh gap and they look good and normal. I would venture to say the reason is that is their natural body design. They don't have to be excessively skinny to attain this. Looking good is an individual thing no two people are alike. Fitness is many times confused with unhealthy extremes. the natural result of fitness is that you will look better but if the goal in fitness is to look better many times true fitness is blurred in that goal and we seek rather to achieve a false ideal in the name of fitness. self deception
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    :love: thigh gap :love:

KCCO!
  • PureAdamic
    PureAdamic Posts: 185
    Options
    While I do like the aspect of the thigh gap, I like what is found in that gap better.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    When I google thigh gap, I get a bunch of pro ana sights and a load of seriously freaky "thinspiration" pics. That, is all I need to know about that.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Each to their own. Personally I hope I don't get one, or jutting hip bones. Both make me cringe a little bit. :smile:
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    From a guy's perspective I'd just like to say the easiest way to get a thigh gap is to spread your legs a little ;) Just sayin'.
  • The_Outlaw_Torn
    The_Outlaw_Torn Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I like big and/or muscular thighs, so no I don't care about a thigh gap.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    okay, who bumped the zombie thigh gap thread?!

:noway:
  • peachfigs
    Options
    From a guy's perspective I'd just like to say the easiest way to get a thigh gap is to spread your legs a little ;) Just sayin'.

This guy knows what he's talking about.
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I think thigh gaps can be cute on some people, sure. But I like my thick legs, I have wide hips and love the toned thick look =)
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options

This guy knows what he's talking about.

Let's not oversell my intelligence. "Spread your legs a little" is pretty much my standard advice for most things.
  • BrittanyAnnL
    Options
    I am jumping in this conversation a bit late... BUT.... a "thigh gap" doesnt mean you are a size zero. I have been working more on my legs these past few weeks and as I was washing my hands in the restroom I noticed in the mirror that my thighs no longer touch. I hadn't been paying attention to this it just happened to catch my eye. Also, as I was walking back to my desk I noticed they dont rub together when I walk. As a matter of fact I cant even make them touch if I try.. my knees get in the way.

I am 134 , 5'6 and a size 4-6.

So it doesnt mean you have to be annorexic. I dont really care if I have one or not....
  • msprouse8
    msprouse8 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I had to actually google "thigh gap" to find out what it was.........Amazing. When I was a teen girl, it was all about being a size 6...or how your butt looked in your Levi's. I think too much is made of being super skinny and now that I've read about it...this "thigh gap" phenomenon that teens are striving for these days. I think we should strive to be HEALTHY and Happy...and most of all, love whatever size we end up when we find HEALTHY. My healthy size? 4 or 6 (depending on brand). Do I have a thigh gap? Who knows??? (Not that I care if I do or not) :o)
  • peachfigs
    Options
    Why do people like them/desire one?

I don't ask that in a judgemental way. I'm just interested to know why some people find them appealing.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    sigh
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    i have a thigh gap but i actually wanted my thighs to touch! everyone wants what they dont have... anyways... now that i know girls like those thigh gaps it makes me feel happier.... my legs have always been the skinniest things on my body... i think it doesnt matter.... and if a guy doesnt like u for you then you have the wrong one....