What diet method are you using and Is it working for you?

Options
I'm doing my own thing so I read all different ways to lose weight and use what I like. Nice thing is most of the time it works. Is anyone following Jon Gabriel's method?

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I do my best to count calories, make healthy food choices, exercise regularly, get plenty of rest, and try not to freak out when i stumble along way.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Just counting calories. Try to mix the days up food wise, but get stuck in a rut every now and then eating the same foods.

Its working though and that's what matters.
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    self control, Hell NAW:huh: :drinker: :drinker: :sad: :sad: :cry: :sick: :devil: :frown: :embarassed: :glasses: :indifferent: :ohwell:
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    I just did lots of research on foods and figured out which foods fit the goals I was going for and my health.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    TDEE - 20% works perfect. I've lost a bunch of weight and I eat a lot.
  • danielhutchins
    danielhutchins Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I count calories and work hard to keep Fat and Sugar in check. Sodium seems to be high often, but I drink a bunch of water (been over 10 a day lately), so it works out. I am over my macro in protein often, and under 1/2 in Carbs & Fats. I started on 1/11/13, and have lost 54 as of this morning. I work out 2-3 times a week (50-65 minutes of weight lifting & 30-65 minutes of aerobic work (Slam-N-Ropes)), and as a teacher and football/powerlifting coach I stay mobile. Best piece of advice is DON'T STRESS OUT. Second best is BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF AND WHAT YOU EAT.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    count calories and work out six days a week
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    20/4 IF, low-ish carb (less than 100g, usually around 50-60g net), IIFYM, and making bomb low calorie food.
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I do my best to count calories, make healthy food choices, exercise regularly, get plenty of rest, and try not to freak out when i stumble along way.

^ This ^ while doing TDEE - 20%.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

pretty much this
  • Madaly320
    Madaly320 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have done so many things over the years, it isn't even funny!
    I have done Weight Watchers 8 times. I have done Nutrisystem.
    Most recently I joined a weight loss/nutrition program at my gym, and it was basically just counting calories and was really expensive, so I came here.

I just track my calories (usually) and focus on smaller portions. I am consistently losing weight, although it is SLOW going. I realized I am only able to focus on one or two major changes at once. I decided that exercising was a priority so I have been moving more, doing more classes at the gym. I get 60 mins excercise (cardio and weights!) 5 times a week. I also always wear a fitness tracker (fitbit) which tracks all my movement throughout the day, just doing normal everyday stuff and it pushes me to walk more, take the further away parking spot, climb the stairs instead of elevator, etc.

The other thing I did was to just not eat as much. I have lost 12 pounds since Jan 7. That isn't a huge amount, but I am very excited about it.

My next step will be to not only track my calories better but to make healthier food choices as well. I am halfway there.

Oh, I also kicked regular soda cold turkey and instead just drink flavored soda water, for the bubbles.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options

pretty much this

Yup...this is it... :)
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I am using 1600 calories per day, a mild deficit.

My goals are : maximum nutrition in each meal, several small meals a day
    fruit / veg / lean protein / whole grain,

exercise every day, about 5 hours a week
    weight training x 2
    cardio x 4

Avoid a lot of carbs before bed
    eat more before and after workouts, earlier in the day preferred
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

Yup. + TDEE-20% = winning.
    /thread
  • TexasElp
    TexasElp Posts: 9
    Options
    Count calories, workout everyday and stay active. Breakfast and lunch are are very routine. Breakfast is egg whites, oatmeal and chicken or fish for lunch. Dinner is open.
  • cupcakefairyy
    Options
    I'm on the eat whatever I want as long as I'm under my calories diet.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    calorie and marcro recording and limited carbs
    good luck with your journey
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Roughly TDEE- 20%, though I tend to eat below that Monday-Thursday so I can't eat more on the weekends.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    you can make this scientific or keep it simple..I chose the latter.

eating less and moving more has worked for me.
  • JordenEllis
    Options
    I've been looking up new recipes from around the globe. A lot of Chinese recipes can be very slimming. I tend to take recipe books out from the library from all different cultures. There is one thing that most countries have in common, some one is trying to lose weight so it great to see what other people do.