I've tried it all, but I cannot lose any weight!

Options
I've completely cut out certain foods from my diet. I've been eating more fish and veggies than ever before in my life. I run at least 2 times a week. I do resistance whenever I get the chance, at least 3 times a week. I'm not eating too little and I'm not eating too much. I even stop eating 3 hours before bed! I hardly eat any cakes or pies or ice cream anymore.
I'm about 5'5 and 150lbs. Its been this way for MONTHS. It's driving me insane. One day the scale read 149.5 and then when I woke the next day, it said 150.5
I'm not gaining muscle, because my clothes would fit a little differently. But they don't!
I really need help because at this point I want to trim the fat off myself with a knife.

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Well your diary is completely empty, that might be the reason. How many calories are you doing?? Are you measuring/weighing your food??
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Well your diary is completely empty, that might be the reason. How many calories are you doing?? Are you measuring/weighing your food??

This. Ding ding ding! I think we found the problem!
  • skullcrushergurl
    Options
    I don't usually log here. And I've tried counting calories in the past. Its ridiculous, tedious, unrealistic and didn't work anyway.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I don't usually log here. And I've tried counting calories in the past. Its ridiculous, tedious, unrealistic and didn't work anyway.

Well it's not working your way either. :huh:
  • skullcrushergurl
    Options
    Thanks. I came here for advice though. Not to feel worse.
  • ozonenrhia1
    Options

I think that may be the problem:( It is tedious, but its worth it:) How do you know you are really eating healthy if you don't know whats in it? I cut out all processed foods and only eat clean and still log everything. I am still new to this I am hitting my second week but I have been loosing inches:) only one pound so far, but inches count too:) Try logging, it helps hold yourself accountable to you and your friends on here. Even a bad day, log it. You would be amazed at what is in some of the "healthy" foods you think you are eating. Just my advice:)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I came here for advice though. Not to feel worse.

MFP's main site is about calorie counting. That's what you'll find here.

I'm not sure what you're looking for, strategy wise.

You can easily gain weight by eating too much of the healthy foods. The laws of physics (burn more than you consume) do not change regardless of what approach you take.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    You got advice. Log your food. You have no idea how much you are really eating if you don't calorie count.

Would you prefer we all pat you on the back and say don't worry it's not your fault - you're a special snowflake? :huh:

Edit: also no need to cut out certain food etc - just log accurately and eat less than your maintenance calories.
  • skullcrushergurl
    Options
    None of this is helping guys.....
    It just doesn't seem fair. I have an active lifestyle even aside from exercise. Bot my jobs consist of me walking and standing constantly. I've done the calorie count thing too and it didn't work.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    It just doesn't seem fair. I have an active lifestyle even aside from exercise. Bot my jobs consist of me walking and standing constantly. I've done the calorie count thing too and it didn't work.

What would help? What do you need?
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    To quote a post I read yesterday: "Congratulations: you've found your maintenance intake."

Eat about 10-15% fewer calories and you'll start losing.

(This will be hard to determine unless you're tracking, though.)
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

Here you go

tumblr_lydeicRBQn1ro52b9o1_400.jpg

You've had great advice - take it and stop complaining.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

It works if you make it work and are honest with yourself. Calorie counting can be incredibly successful provided you do it properly. Weighing and measuring everything.. counting everything... eating enough instead of cutting calories down too low. It can be tedious and a lot of work but you will do it if you want to lose bad enough.

If you don't log your food and drink intake you really don't know how much you are consuming. Calories add up quickly... especially if you are not weighing and measuring because we tend to think we are eating much less than we are.

Properly stick with the program and you will see results.
  • meaningful99
    Options

I think the answer to your post is right here. You can't make sure you're eating fewer calories than you're burning if you don't count them. Embrace the tedium!
  • skullcrushergurl
    Options

What would help? What do you need?
    I need to find out why I've tried all these different things, and yet I've been the same weight for months.
    I've never been this weight before.
  • acarter72
    acarter72 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Have you checked your thyroid?
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

You're asking people for advice that doesn't involve calorie counting on a calorie counting website/support group...dunno what more you'd expect from us.

My advice is to start logging, it is hard and tedious at first but you do get used to it - how long did you try it for?
    Weight loss is simple, it requires a calorie deficit and logging your food is the best way to keep track of it all.

Eat less and exercise more, that's all I can say really...
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Write down what you eat. I complained too til I came here and started doing that. It's just an excuse.

That 6 pounds there? That's you, 50 days from now. That's when I started.