Things that make you lose respect for the human race....

Options

Replies

• Lola_Rogers
    Lola_Rogers Posts: 107
    Options
    People who are taking their kids to mcdonalds and stuffing their little mouths with fries and telling them they wont leave the restaurant till he finishes up his happy meal. I actually witnessed two times in two different restaurants! I love mcdonalds though thats another issue. But cant bare those parents forcing their kids to eat fries!?! I mean he is like 6 , c'mon mom! What the heck.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Put the child up for adoption once its born...............................

Yeah, just put it up for adoption. Never mind the wasted year of your life, mental trauma, social ostracism, hospital bills, and the high likelihood that child will float arouns the adoption system until it's thrown out on the street at eighteen.

Have you ever had a child you placed for adoption? I have, and trust me, it's not at all like what you're painting here. Adoption is selfless, abortion is selfish.

I know a woman who had an abortion and placed a resulting child up for adoption. She was hurt FAR MORE by the adoption experience. She was treated like nothing more than a walking incubator. After she gave birth, they just tossed her aside like she was nothing. She suffered a lot of mental anguish. So just because your experience was positive, doesn't mean it always is and that doesn't make the other option selfish. BOTH adoption and abortion are choices. NEITHER is better nor worse.

We will have to agree to disagree then. It is selfless to give a child one carries and nurtures for nine months to a family who cannot have one. It is selfish to abort a baby because it will become an inconvenience to your life.

And yes, in a way, birth moms ARE incubators - and they have no right to expect anything in return after the child is adopted out. I didn't ask for anything other than hospital bills covered. I felt that baby was no longer mine, and it was totally, 100% the child of the adopting couple. For the bio mom to want to keep in touch with the baby is, again, selfish.The child becomes confused.

My opinion.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    People who are taking their kids to mcdonalds and stuffing their little mouths with fries and telling them they wont leave the restaurant till he finishes up his happy meal. I actually witnessed two times in two different restaurants! I love mcdonalds though thats another issue. But cant bare those parents forcing their kids to eat fries!?! I mean he is like 6 , c'mon mom! What the heck.

or "no ice cream/candy/dessert/etc until you finish your chicken nuggets!"

:indifferent:
  • CrazyTrackLady
    Options

or "no ice cream/candy/dessert/etc until you finish your chicken nuggets!"

:indifferent:

EWW. Just, EW.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    1. People who don't spay or neuter their cats, especially if they're outdoor cats. . I love cats, but there will always be plenty of kittens in the world without us encouraging their procreation. It's just irresponsible pet ownership.

A lot of people don't have that kind of money. :noway:

It is NOT expensive. If you cant afford it, you cant afford a pet.

we feed three stray toms when they are here. ots $60/cat-plus a mandatory $40 for FIV test and vaccines. And we have to bring them indoors until the incision heals and to fast them. it can be very expensive when your neighborhood is constantly flooded with dumped animals.

... that's also your choice to take in all those cats. I'm sorry I make jack **** for $$ but I was able to have both my cats neutered. and $100 is not very expensive...
    $300. Three toms at $100. And they show up one day and are gone for weeks, just like the 50+ other strays in my 'hood. its out in the country-no spay/neuter clinics, but 99% of the people are decent enough to keep the cats from starving.

And my jack **** paycheck goes to the other six animals i uave taken in to my home.

I'm just saying your situation is not exactly common, nor is it what the poster who made the claim was referring to I'm sure. In your life, feeding and taking care of those cats is a priority for you, and that's fantastic (honestly I really do think it's cool that you do that), but for the average person trying to decide if they want a pet - PART of that consideration is whether or not you can afford $100 to get it spayed/neutered. That's not unreasonable is it?
    i can agree completely-people who get pets and THEN say, "i cant afford food/shots/its scratching my couch" are insane. Its like....at what point did you think petcare was free? Mine are expensive, and we just cant vet anymore-but if we come up with money they will be snipped ;)

What is worse are the people who wait for someone else to neuter/spay and THEN the cat goes into their house.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    Options
    Put the child up for adoption once its born...............................

Yeah, just put it up for adoption. Never mind the wasted year of your life, mental trauma, social ostracism, hospital bills, and the high likelihood that child will float arouns the adoption system until it's thrown out on the street at eighteen.

Have you ever had a child you placed for adoption? I have, and trust me, it's not at all like what you're painting here. Adoption is selfless, abortion is selfish.

I know a woman who had an abortion and placed a resulting child up for adoption. She was hurt FAR MORE by the adoption experience. She was treated like nothing more than a walking incubator. After she gave birth, they just tossed her aside like she was nothing. She suffered a lot of mental anguish. So just because your experience was positive, doesn't mean it always is and that doesn't make the other option selfish. BOTH adoption and abortion are choices. NEITHER is better nor worse.

We will have to agree to disagree then. It is selfless to give a child one carries and nurtures for nine months to a family who cannot have one. It is selfish to abort a baby because it will become an inconvenience to your life.

And yes, in a way, birth moms ARE incubators - and they have no right to expect anything in return after the child is adopted out. I didn't ask for anything other than hospital bills covered. I felt that baby was no longer mine, and it was totally, 100% the child of the adopting couple. For the bio mom to want to keep in touch with the baby is, again, selfish.The child becomes confused.

My opinion.

I think it's selfish to expect others to make the same choice you did and shame them for not by calling THEM selfish, but that's just my view.

With that, I'm done.

Actually, I think what you mean is "judgmental", not selfish. And with that, I agree I am.
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options

I can't help but notice that you are white.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    Options

And????
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Fitted sheets...! I just can't figure out how to fold them.
  • Healthy_fresh_start
    Healthy_fresh_start Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    The person i just caught selling prints of my artwork as their own!! cheeky gits!!
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options

And????

I just find, personally, that things seem to go a liiiiiiiittle bit easier for me than they do for my friends who are not white.

There are just some things that aren't problematic for me but can be problematic for people with more melanin.

Just seems that way.

To me.
  • Healthy_fresh_start
    Options

and this. Drives me into an OCD meltdown far too often :P
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm a not a better person after reading this thread. Any anti-abortionists I have met have been fairly obvious wack jobs with little or no education in the subject.. I've never had to actively associate with them.. and yet here they are - among us.

Better to stay quiet and let people think you're stupid than to speak.. and remove all doubt.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    The person i just caught selling prints of my artwork as their own!! cheeky gits!!

My fiance has had that happen before. He had to threaten legal action.
  • Preesy
    Preesy Posts: 37
    Options
    So I see things like - People who forget to flush public toilets, people who disrespect elderly, people who are cruel to animals, people who don't care for their kids properly... Can't we just sum it all up and say "I hate stupid people!" because really those are the ones who are jerks, litters, forgetful-flushers, abusers, etc..

What irritates the heck out of me personally are those people who leave the restroom without washing their hands. Just EWW! Wash people!

AND...

People who drive around for 10 minutes trying to find the closest parking spot to the building when they're going to the GYM! For goodness sake the walk isn't going to kill you.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm a not a better person after reading this thread. Any anti-abortionists I have met have been fairly obvious wack jobs with little or no education in the subject.. I've never had to actively associate with them.. and yet here they are - among us.

Better to stay quiet and let people think you're stupid than to speak.. and remove all doubt.

I never thought this issue would be brought up here........it makes me die a little inside to see people who are for making women into nothing more than broodmares......

sigh.
  • keshiabug1
    keshiabug1 Posts: 150
    Options
    People using government assistance with designer purses, luxury cars and expensive phones.
    My grandmother can't get assistance (she is 80) and she can't afford food, yet these young girls who get pregnant at age 16 can get it.
  • Healthy_fresh_start
    Options
    I just sent them an email saying that if they was going to try and sell prints they should have asked me for bigger files, kinda hoping they pick up on the sarcasm!
    dont think it warrants legal action, im only a tattoo apprentice. still annoyed me though
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    the Jerry Springer TV show
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options

and this. Drives me into an OCD meltdown far too often :P
    take the pointy corners that hug the mattress.
    Stick one inside the other, it will kind of loop the seam along the edge.
    fold it in half-it will square up.
    now fold as normal.
    my dad taught me.
This discussion has been closed.