Body image self-assessment quiz

Options

Replies

• Xianpu27
    Xianpu27 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I got 49 :'(

Same... I think it would've been a lot higher not so long ago though...
  • MotivatedBeka3
    Options
    Bump, for later :)
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Scored a 37. I'm already knowing everything they told me LOL. It's getting better though so I'm not worried.
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I scored 25. So basically, I'm pretty normal. This is good. Somehow I expected I had a worse body image than the average, but I guess mine's not really influenced by how I perceive other people see me. Interesting.
  • n8dawg77
    n8dawg77 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    34 and worse than I expected. Yikes.

Red sox suck!
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    56... well, no d'uh...

even now that I've lost a good chunk, I think it's worse or the same.... Blarg
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    <
    Slightly pudgy girl in a bikini on a fitness site got a 6.
  • reneeroberts_88
    reneeroberts_88 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I scored a 47! I don't feel like I have BDD. I just am very uncomfortable with my weight at the moment.
  • samanthajade124
    samanthajade124 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Uhm. 68 =/
  • sullrico18
    sullrico18 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    24--I'm OK with this. Still some things to work on, but I'm getting there!
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    You have scored 11 points.

SCORE 10-20
    You live comfortably in your body - most of the time. However, your body image and, therefore, your self-confidence can from time to time be a little shaky and there is a risk that certain situations could make you anxious on account of the way you feel about your body, size, shape or appearance. There are several aspects to this that you may need to work on in order to reduce this anxiety and make your life more comfortable.

Hmmmm. I never have any self confidence issues. This test is bogus!
  • capperboy
    capperboy Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    9 I can live with that.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    IN all fairness, I think this quiz should someplace ask our stats. Because, I think at 60 lbs over my goal weight I have every right to feel "uncomfortable in social situations..." or whatever it said, no?
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    43.... yikes..
  • MereExtraordinaire
    MereExtraordinaire Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I got a 10! It says I have a good body-image and great self-esteem. Yay!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    IN all fairness, I think this quiz should someplace ask our stats. Because, I think at 60 lbs over my goal weight I have every right to feel "uncomfortable in social situations..." or whatever it said, no?

I think that stats are kind of irrelevant in terms of justification of feelings. By doing that, you are kind of saying "Well, at 60 pounds overweight, I should feel uncomfortable" which kind of points to disordering thinking.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

I think the whole point is that you shouldn't judge your self based on your weight at all. Someone who is 60 pounds overweight has every right to love themselves and expect respect from others as someone with a perfect body (not that the latter exists anyway)
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I scored zero.

"Congratulations! You have a good body image and an excellent self-esteem. As a result of this, you are at peace with yourself."

That 's me! I did not always feel this good about myself. I worked very hard to improve my self-esteem.
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I scored a 57. I'm actually surprised it wasn't higher, I have awful self esteem.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options

I think the whole point is that you shouldn't judge your self based on your weight at all. Someone who is 60 pounds overweight has every right to love themselves and expect respect from others as someone with a perfect body (not that the latter exists anyway)

Exactly. Weight should not have anything to do with our self-esteem.