Meals Under 100kcals - NEVER GO OVER!

Options

Replies

• DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing these ideas. Sometimes you need a plate of real food that doesn't destroy the calorie bank. I'll definitely be try some of these ideas as snacks or even as starters / desserts with a main meal.

Cheers :flowerforyou:
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I like this list, i can see where the OP is coming from

Ditto. And some lovely ideas too!
  • LozzieWebb
    LozzieWebb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Bumping for when I need a 100 cal meal!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Or you could have a reasonable calorie goal and not have to resort to 100 cal "meals".
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Again, because people might not read every page and because sunlight is the best disinfectant, I'm going to comment. While most people wouldn't use the OP's ideas as a way to evade questions from concerned loved ones about not eating, someone struggling with an eating disorder certainly would. And, again, when I looked at the OP's friends list I saw several profile pics and user names indicating an ED or pro-ana issue. Because of this I don't believe the intention of this blog post to be entirely innocuous. Use caution.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Again, because people might not read every page and because sunlight is the best disinfectant, I'm going to comment. While most people wouldn't use the OP's ideas as a way to evade questions from concerned loved ones about not eating, someone struggling with an eating disorder certainly would. And, again, when I looked at the OP's friends list I saw several profile pics and user names indicating an ED or pro-ana issue. Because of this I don't believe the intention of this blog post to be entirely innocuous. Use caution.

Good call. her friends list is full of very obvious pro-ED girls (ana_bethin, anybody?) OP, regardless of your motives, there is WAY too much evidence to support an ED.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I don't know why I can't just keep my mouth shut and ignore this thread but I'm going to wade in here. I guess this one has irked me more than most do. :explode:

I think that if you go over your calories by 200-300 on a given day, it's truly not the end of the world. Really, it isn't!!! :flowerforyou: And you can have a honest-to-g*d light meal for 300-400 calories. I do it all the time.

And to the OP... if your daily calorie goal is 1500 calories, and you had actually 2,000 at the buffet, then you don't have *any* calories left and you're only eating your '100 calorie meal' to keep people off your back. Pretty easy to see through that one.

Having a 100 calorie 'meal' is actually a form of restricting, and it sets up the binge cycle for tomorrow or the next day or the day after. The way to get out of the binge cycle is to eat regular meals, regularly. Skipping & restricting just keeps you stuck in the torture. Which may be what you want on a subconscious level, but when you get tired of that, maybe you could try something different and see what happens.

All in in my very humble opinion.

:::prepares to duck flame throwers:::
  • iwillbetinytea
    iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
    Options

Yes exactly what I'm doing. I want everyone to starve. I am the Hitler of dieters. Eat my 100kcals meals and nothing else mwah hahaha.

Look. You can either use this to help you stop going over your calorie goal (mine is a respectable 1500kcal), or bite my shiny metal a**.
  • _chiaroscuro
    Options

Yes exactly what I'm doing. I want everyone to starve. I am the Hitler of dieters. Eat my 100kcals meals and nothing else mwah hahaha.

Look. You can either use this to help you stop going over your calorie goal (mine is a respectable 1500kcal), or bite my shiny metal a**.

I'll do neither. I'll do what I think is the right thing and bring attention to everything mentioned above.
  • iwillbetinytea
    Options

I'll do neither. I'll do what I think is the right thing and bring attention to everything mentioned above.

Lol you're like the Westboro' church of the dieting world. Go picket a support group or something.
  • _chiaroscuro
    Options

Lol you're like the Westboro' church of the dieting world. Go picket a support group or something.

Lolwut?
  • iwillbetinytea
    Options
    Lolwut?

Google em, basically they don't have time to listen to anyone else, regardless of how much evidence there is to support it.
  • _chiaroscuro
    Options
    Lolwut?

Google em, basically they don't have time to listen to anyone else, regardless of how much evidence there is to support it.

I know who the WBC is, it just made no sense to me in this context. And I do have plenty of time to listen to rational discourse. Start any time.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    OP I hope you get help for your disordered eating and unhealthy relationship with food. In the meantime, please don't bring other people down with you by encouraging unhealthy behaviors and and mindsets.
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    This is brilliant for me when my partner wants to go out to sup, making tea essential for curbing some of that ravenous hunger before the reservation. Or on frequent snacking days. Or anytime that a protein bar would be acceptable but I have time to cook.

Why is everyone so upset?
  • breezylee75
    breezylee75 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    These are good recipe ideas! :) I am doing a reset right now, trying to eat at my TDEE, which is like 2400 or some ungodly number-even for an overeater it's hard for me to reach that goal, so these will help, thank you for sharing! :)
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Or you could have a reasonable calorie goal and not have to resort to 100 cal "meals".

I have lost 50 lbs in a very long 9 months. I think I am quite capable of calculating my calorie base and considering I eat back every scrap of exercise calories it's not like I starve. I eat around 1800 calories a day - IF I CAN EXERCISE. If I can't then my goal is considerably lower. Obviously you have never been in a position where you decided one day that you would like to eat the muffin that someone bought you for breakfast thinking it was alright because you had a walk planned later that day...of course when the walk does not happen for whatever reason you are stuck needing to eat something very light for dinner. Most people don't eat like this all the time but it is nice (and helpful) when someone posts things that can be used to help with those days that most of us have occasionally.

I find it helpful to have a list but I don't find it helpful that someone will insinuate that just because we see the value in this list that we do not have reasonable goals or are incapable of eating properly. If you do not see the value then there is no requirement that you comment. Don't assume that everyone who thinks this is a good idea has some ED.

Who cares who is on someone's friend list? You don't have to be their friend. The idea is useful. I will take that and use it to help me in my journey because that's why I am here.
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!! Often I am starving at 9 pm but dont have more than 100 left. Thanks...........I will definitely be doing the
    zucchini today, sounds yummy. Thanks again, keep it coming.
  • iwillbetinytea
    Options
    This is brilliant for me when my partner wants to go out to sup, making tea essential for curbing some of that ravenous hunger before the reservation. Or on frequent snacking days. Or anytime that a protein bar would be acceptable but I have time to cook.

Why is everyone so upset?

They think I'm trying to make anyone starve to death. But you hit it on the head, it's exactly for times like when you have listed :)