While working out do you think about...

Options

Replies

• LifeChanged2000
    LifeChanged2000 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I seem to think about upcoming milestones. Be it the next mile I am running, the next jump when jumpin the roap, the next turn I will take on the bike, etc, etc, etc.
    Kinda gets me through my workout...lol
  • misspatrice562
    misspatrice562 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    How many MORE minutes?! lol
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    :embarassed: I think about what i will look like at goal and kinky sex lol :embarassed:
  • rachaelnicole1719
    Options
    I think just kill me now..because i feel like i am dying..but push it anyway
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    1. Work
    2. Family
    3. Counting laps/reps
    4. Sex
    5. Your new body

1) I try not to think about work, but I do sometimes.

2) My family is often on my mind so I let my mind wander there at times for sure.

3) I do try to focus on my workout - the feel, timing, energy flow, etc.

4) Hello? Guy here. Durrrr...100% of the time.

5) I do think about the results I might get in the long run and that motivates me.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    My friends have told me I am odd as I work out fractions e.g. At 0.5km I am at 1/10th of my run, etc and I do that constantly throughout and once over half way I count how many fractions left e.g at 4km I think I have only 2/10ths left (or 1/5th) etc

Is that strange?

I totally do this while on the treadmill. Other things I think about
    1. scoping out the evacuation routes
    2. counting down to my favorite songs on the iPod (I broke the forward button so I have to wait until the song comes up)
    3. counting to 60 seconds and starting over
    4. trying not to look at the time lapsed
    5. superhero fantasies - I taekwondo some jerk up against a wall after he tries to shoot up a mall
    6. what I will make for dinner
    7. ideas for my new business
    8. wanting to beat the snooty chick's time on treadmill next to me
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    When I'm running I think about form, breathing, and making myself keep going. While strength training I think about form, breathing, and making myself keep going.
  • becca2911
    becca2911 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    How hot I'm gonna look and the look on my ex's face :laugh:
  • becca2911
    becca2911 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My friends have told me I am odd as I work out fractions e.g. At 0.5km I am at 1/10th of my run, etc and I do that constantly throughout and once over half way I count how many fractions left e.g at 4km I think I have only 2/10ths left (or 1/5th) etc

Is that strange?

I do this aswell!
  • sjo68
    sjo68 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Number 4 definitely number 4.
  • Summer5555
    Summer5555 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    When I'm lifting I think about form and counting, during the rest I daydream which I discovered yesterday is bad as I forgot how many reps I'd done on bench press, think I ended up doing an extra rep which resulted in a fail, first time ever. Tad embarrassed as I was being watched, but I just laughed it off. Downloaded the strong lift app last night so I won't do that again.

Cardio, I daydream while listening to music.
  • ElenakiFra
    ElenakiFra Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    my new body and to push even more, when am really tired i think to quit but i get up and continue.(doing insanity)
  • NON of the above... when working out I thinking about pushing harder, just a lil longer, this is me loving me and I deserve to give myself the best of me... and so on :)
  • AnimePrincess13
    AnimePrincess13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Am I doing this correctly, Dig deeper and just push through to do more, because that pain is only weakness leaving the body.

When I do Insanity before my hour long walk anyways. if i do the walk first. Is this over and I hate Shaun T when he says just do 4 more but i try to do them. :)
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I think about not being a fat *kitten*... and everything that makes me angry / has made me angry, and how important it is to me to look good and be healthy. And yes, sometimes sex. lol
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My mind races all day, every day. When I work out, it stops. It is the only hour of the day that I am not thinking of...anything.
    :)

me too.. well im thinking but its not racing.. Def my getaway..
  • cherie393
    Options
    I usually think "Am I done yet?" I try to do workouts that are fun and help the time go by quicker but those aren't easy to come by :/
  • Kiwi_09
    Kiwi_09 Posts: 65
    Options
    I run outside so I always look at houses and think about what kind of house I'd want to live in.
  • heather_elise85
    heather_elise85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    When I start to lose motivation I think of my new body.
  • iBreatheMusic88
    Options
    My new body and the *kitten* that Im going to shame when I look ever sexier. lmao :mad: