While working out do you think about...

Options

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    DON'T LAUGH!! But when I do cardio, I think of being a stripper (usually accompanied by some music by Pitbull or Pu$$ycat Dolls). I know it's lame, but I think about the ultra sexy body I hope to have one day. I'd totally be the type of stripper that puts herself through med school. When I lift I just think "holy mother of god this is heavy, I hope I'm doing this right, come on baby girl you can do one more set without dying"
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I like to listen to books on tape, or Zombies, Run, or watch TV.

I spend about 30% of my brain on intensity and form. When I'm listening to Zombies, Run, I spend another 30% or so planning my escape route if the zombies show up. The rest is for whatever I'm watching/listening to.
  • Offical
    Offical Posts: 94
    Options
    None.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    when i'm strength training i think about my breathing and form mostly with a bit of zoning off in my music.
    when i'm doing cardio (usually the bike as i find it easiest to stick to it on the bike) i try to get lost in a book or tv show until i get to my peak of heart rate then i don't really think about much. i do often find myself taking a guess at what my heart rate is and checking it.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Some of my best runs are fueled by stress.

Sometimes I think of work problems. Sometimes it's how angry I am with my ex.

Sometimes it's just going over my to do list.

I just get lost in my thoughts and before I know it,I'm home again feeling better.

When I'm doing weights,I mostly concentrate on form,counting reps and trying not to hurt myself.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I'm usually just focusing on my form an the number I'm trying to beat from last week.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I do DVD workouts on our big screen tv and have 2 other tvs, one to the left and one to the right in the corner. I usually put something on Netflix or Hulu and watch tv - makes the time go by faster
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    How well I'm improving (NSV moments) or how much I want this workout to be over (lol).

I'm also getting exciting about training for aquathlons and a half marathon. :)

If I thought about hot steamy sex, I'd probably fall off the treadmill.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Ill feel soooo damn good when Im done working out, come on you can do it....
  • Beeky85
    Beeky85 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I put my 'motivation songs' on and talk to myself in my head- mostly encouraging myself to keep going in order to make me look and feel better...as seen before... :)
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    "just ... longer" - during running intervals.
    "should i be using a lighter/heavier weight?" - during strength.

but mostly, i am very good at blanking my mind.
    except when i am planning a "rant post" on sunday runner's manners....
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    all of the above...

plus "how much longer ? I swear I've done more than that? eurgh...could give up, but hell no...how about now?...sh** the hot guy....KEEP RUNNING and suck it up....damn now I can't stop running until he leaves ! will he EVER leave ?! "

oh and about 15mins into my 30min run I begin to list out a to do list/timetable of the "done and to be completed" stuff!!
  • kimanne4
    kimanne4 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    When I'm working out I remember what I felt like a little over a year ago and how amazing the past year has been. I can do things I never imagined doing! I also imagine the pounds dripping off and the feeling of crossing the finish line at a race. Then I think about what MFP will say I'll weigh in five weeks!
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    1. Work
    2. Family
    3. Counting laps/reps
    4. Sex
    5. Your new body

durning cardio, I think about everything. lol my thoughts bounce around in there. and since I have my head phones in I am trying hard not to break out in dance and song lol.

when lifting I just think about reps and breathing and making sure I am doing it right.
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    I'm usually thinking something along the lines of, "omfg, {insert body part} is ON FIRE! Fk, I need a break. NO. No breaks. Is it almost over yet? Ok focus. Omg, all i can focus on is how bad this hurts. So gonna be worth it though. Crap wonder if i just stop now and i'll just do the rest later. No who am I kidding .. I'll never do it. Keep going, you're going to feel so good at the end and when you look super awesome."

^ Pretty much that until I hit the end. When I can push all the *****ing out of my head, I'll think about i'll look if i just keep pushing myself, how I'll be able to wear a bikini and make heads turn, how much more comfortable I'll be during sex, etc. Thinking about the future is probably the only thing that gets me through.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I think about what a crazy, sexy beast I am, and that I need to add some plates to the bar, or punch the bag harder
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    What fiber of muscle I haven't contracted in the set.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    If I'm running; literally everything that's on my mind - It's a great time to clear my head.

If I'm lifting; generally my form;
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Usually running; thoughts fly all over the place, but most commone are
    1. Get the perfect stride / breathing pattern
    2. Great runners I've seen in the past (and trying to run like them)
    3. Who's idea was this?
    4. Must catch my "imaginary friend" who is always a few steps ahead of me - I have never caught her yet!

Possibly not in that exact order either
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I think about...
    1. all the things I should be doing
    2. what my heart rate is (continuously checking)
    3. what I'll eat next (I love food!)
    4. sex and body confidence..

we are all human right :P