While working out do you think about...

Options

Replies

• fayeonherway
    Options
    Lately..

1. What are my plans for the rest of the day?
    2. I can't wait to hike Mt. Etna. 1 more month!!!! 1 more month!!!!!
    3. Whose phone call do I need to return? Who am I avoiding?
    4. Why is the girl next to me is doing bicep curls with 5 lb weights?
    5. Look at these perfectly executed dead lifts. 40 lbs b*tches!!!!
    6. I really need to pee
    7. OMG it has only been 30 mins?
    8. Not one single person here who can be described as eye candy
    9. Whose freaking child is that?????
    10. I'm so gonna feel this in the morning
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I think about not dropping the weights on my head, nose, foot etc. Also, I try not to look too goofy, remind myself repeatedly not to wiggle when I'm jammin' to my ipod, I wonder why men are always adjusting their junk, and mostly try not to get caught people watching in btw sets.
  • tarayatesgosse
    Options
    LOL all of the above for me! Jillian micheals makes me want to scream! Yesterday the woman across the street kept going in and out of her house and I said that was odd and my husband said "She is probably just watching the crazy lady across the street".
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

O gosh, that was totally me today. Started Bill Starr program 5x5 a week ago and today I ended my workout with 30 reps with a 5# dumbell. I started out rolling , my eyes at DH but ended up thankful he didn'nt give in to my ego :drinker:
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    whatever is on my podkicker-- usually an interesting RadioLab or ThisAmericanLife story!
  • UsernameStillLoading
    UsernameStillLoading Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    1. Work
    2. Family
    3. Counting laps/reps
    4. Sex
    5. Your new body

1. no....maybe future work since I am in the job hunt right now....or school...I think about school.
    2. Yes, only because I work out with them
    3. Only when I'm doing it, or when I journal
    4. Only if I spot someone that triggers it (I admit it, I stare...how shameful)
    5. Only if I'm near the mirror and I am not distracted by someone in category 4.
  • Southcac24
    Options
    I don't think about anything except focusing on what I'm working; everything else I left at the door.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Pushing myself
  • UsernameStillLoading
    Options

What's wrong with that? Maybe she's just starting...or maybe she's already sore from all her other workout routines....or maybe she had an injury recently and is slowly making her way back into the game....or maybe she is following a program that asks her to do bicep curls with 5lb weights.
  • meadowslight79
    meadowslight79 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Love some of the answers!

1) Hope I look that good when I am at my goal weight (usually i see an workout outfit on some one and I like it)
    2) Jillian Micheal is yelling at me in the back of my head
    3) Just a count down of minutes then seconds
    4) If my mom is there is she- try to make sure i do a harder work out it starts of subconsciously then it become a conscious decision.
    5) I pick somebody to compete with (usually they don't know we are racing)
    6) Count down and more Jillian yelling
    7) am i done yet
    8) how much longer and when can I lay down and read my books.
    9) Yippee I am almost done
    10) Thank GOD I am done
    11) Oh my goodness I think my butt fell off
    12) Darn it is still there.

Smile Smile
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Just breathing in and out... and that is the beauty of working out. It's my time NOT to think.

Otherwise: I'm that crazy lady singing along to her iPod...
  • smithntuck
    smithntuck Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Since I've been single mom'n it with the hubby out of town working, I'm usually thinking, I wonder what the kids are tearing up...Is Jamie pouring his food all over the floor that I just mopped? Are they killing the dog? How much longer before I get interrupted because they are fighting about something silly? Did I put the knife in the sink or leave it on the counter? Oh, the fun of being mom...
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    If I am going to make it through this?. Am I going to have a heart attack this day? why am I doing this as old as I am, what am I trying to prove, why don't I just do what old people do and just walk?
  • UsernameStillLoading
    Options
    If I'm running; literally everything that's on my mind - It's a great time to clear my head.

If I'm lifting; generally my form;

That's smart (the lifting part...when I'm doing cardio I'm thinking "please don't get an asthma attack, please don't get an asthma attack....that's how fast my heartbeat is suppose to be beating, that's how hard my body is supposed to be breathing for this endurance...I'm good, no asthma attack, yet" )....I almost always get distracted nowadays. I only focus on my form if I'm told that it needs improvement, otherwise, I just mindlessly do a set...unless I'm counting.
  • UsernameStillLoading
    Options
    Love some of the answers!

5) I pick somebody to compete with (usually they don't know we are racing)
    11) Oh my goodness I think my butt fell off
    12) Darn it is still there.

Smile Smile

I would love to be a workout buddy with you one day....you sound so awesome :smile:
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Is it over yet?
    Omg my muscles hurt!
    Ewww people actually eat that? (I seem to always show up at the gym when diners drive ins and dives is on the little tvs in front of the treadmill.. well you have a choice between that and the financial news)
  • doc800
    doc800 Posts: 148
    Options
    I learned this trick years ago, I play an album over and over in my head until I am done. I do this even if I have my Ipod on. If I am doing something particularly stressful I pick races or matches from the past to get me over the hump.
  • reneeroberts_88
    reneeroberts_88 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What I get to do afterwards!!!
  • DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Relaxing in the sauna afterwards...
  • JonnyR214
    JonnyR214 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I think sexy as F#$* this summer at the beach, helps me to push through