Any metal heads out there?

Options

Replies

• JaclynDawn
    Options
    Quoting Exciter I'm a Hravy Metal Maniac.

Here in South America we live metal in a whole different way. This weekend I'll be in a festival, 3 days of music.

I've noticed that. Why do you think that is? I feel badly sometimes because South America has some of the biggest fanatics, yet people don't tour there as often as say the states or the U.K.
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm torn between metal, old school punk, and classic country... I know, I'm weird.

Not weird. Add in some alternative and it is exactly the kind of stuff that I love to listen to! But then, I'm OLD, so maybe it's not a good thing after all. LOL

These are some of the favorites on my iPod:

Social Distortion (my current favorite band)
    Depeche Mode
    Nickelback
    Ozzy
    Metalllica
    Tim McGraw
    Garth Brooks
    Tom Petty
    Soundgarden
    Temple of the Dog
    Alice in Chains
    ZZ Top
    Kid Rock (love his new country style)
    Danzig
    U2
    and a bunch more
  • EvilDollee
    EvilDollee Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Heeeeeeeeeeeere!
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    < metal head

Best concert ever a toss up between Slayer and Hatebreed :) I was right up front for hatebreed, unearth gave me their drumstick. :) oh yeah

Slayer is one of those bands that I really feel I need to see. Who knows when I'll get a chance, though.

Has anyone else seen a really good show recently? I just saw Varg, Wintersun and Eluveitie in December, and every band seriously killed it! They were all so nice, too. Except for Jari (Wintersun). He wouldn't even give me the time of day. =/
    They come to Albany NY every year. I want to see them again
  • JaclynDawn
    Options

Slayer is one of those bands that I really feel I need to see. Who knows when I'll get a chance, though.

Has anyone else seen a really good show recently? I just saw Varg, Wintersun and Eluveitie in December, and every band seriously killed it! They were all so nice, too. Except for Jari (Wintersun). He wouldn't even give me the time of day. =/
    They come to Albany NY every year. I want to see them again

Ah, NY is right up my alley! I would think their tickets cost a pretty penny, though, no?
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Old school Metallica, Megadeth, Ozzy, Dio, Maiden, Anthrax, to newer, FFDP, Slipknot. \m/ \m/

Love metal! Never got into Cookie Monster metal though. Just doesn't do it for me.
  • JaclynDawn
    Options
    Old school Metallica, Megadeth, Ozzy, Dio, Maiden, Anthrax, to newer, FFDP, Slipknot. \m/ \m/

Love metal! Never got into Cookie Monster metal though. Just doesn't do it for me.

I'm sorry....Cookie monster metal? I've heard of many a weird sub-genre, but what in the world is cookie monster metal!?
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options

I'm sorry....Cookie monster metal? I've heard of many a weird sub-genre, but what in the world is cookie monster metal!?
    Where the vocalist sounds like the Cookie Monster. :laugh:

I'm cool with good screaming and growling, but if all you can do is eat the microphone I'd rather just hear the band without the vocals.
  • JaclynDawn
    Options

Where the vocalist sounds like the Cookie Monster. :laugh:

I'm cool with good screaming and growling, but if all you can do is eat the microphone I'd rather just hear the band without the vocals.

Bahahahaha! That metaphor is class! I applaud you, sir.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Yep, Maggot for life \m/

Awww yiss. My boyfriend is a die-hard Slipknot fan. Corey Taylor is legend.

Maggot for life as well :bigsmile:

Corey is a God. The first time I saw him I stage I cried like a baby lol.

Also a huge Disturbed fan. My Brothers, My Sisters, My blood xx
  • JaclynDawn
    Options

Corey is a God. The first time I saw him I stage I cried like a baby lol.

Also a huge Disturbed fan. My Brothers, My Sisters, My blood xx

I love that! I sobbed for Nightwish. Don't tell anyone. ;)
  • More_Dakka
    More_Dakka Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    < metal head

Best concert ever a toss up between Slayer and Hatebreed :) I was right up front for hatebreed, unearth gave me their drumstick. :) oh yeah

I saw Pig Destroyer last weekend and then I saw Otep the day after that. I'm seeing Anthrax with Exodus and Municipal Waste this weekend.
  • JaclynDawn
    Options
    < metal head

I saw Pig Destroyer last weekend and then I saw Otep the day after that. I'm seeing Anthrax with Exodus and Municipal Waste this weekend.

You win the award for best taste in metal. Congratulations! You're going to have a deadly weekend!
  • 80sFanatic88
    80sFanatic88 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Totally! \m/
    I'm into Black Sabbath/Ozzy/Dio, Accept, Dokken, Van Halen, Scorpions, Ratt, AC/DC, KISS, Twisted Sister, Lita Ford, Anvil, Iron Maiden... and I'm looking out for more great heavy metal. :happy:
  • Derfmen64
    Derfmen64 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Count me in for the metal thread. I'm more old school, Slayer, Metallica, Maiden, Anthrax, etc. and though they weren't considered metal, was a huge Misfits fan. I've kind of lost touch with newer stuff but Buck Cherry, Disturbed, and Avenged Sevenfold is stuff I like now. I've YouTube'd a whole bunch of the comments here and I forgot how much I missed it. Thanks all.
  • chevysarah
    chevysarah Posts: 188
    Options
    Yes yes yes! In Flames! Trivium! Pantera! Slayer! Children of Bodom! Megadeath! Black Label! Oh I could go on and on.... but life is better with Metal! \m/
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the metal! \m/ \m/

Last band I saw was Fear Factory in December, and I'll probably see Meshuggah in May...or some festival warm up shows :)
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Yep. Over here!
    I was raised on 80's metal. I listen to a lot of core these days. Post hardcore/ deathcore. Black metal as well. I'm really not a fan of Nu Metal.
  • TattednPierced
    Options
    Spent most of my day before work playing my guitar in the garage.
    Rocked out some Amon Amarth, Trivium, In Flames and Pantera.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    *waves*