Water sucks, it really really sucks!

Options

Replies

• freebird777
    Options
    Its not that I don't like it I just am struggling with make it a priority in my "routine" of the day.

THIS. Totally understand, I struggle with the same thing. I'm a teacher, and I can't take bathroom breaks whenever I need to. I have to plan them out. And if I just drank water alllllllll day long...I would be in agony at certain points in the day lol. I definitely don't get 64 oz in daily. More like 30. It's something I'm constantly working on trying to improve.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    fruit is loaded with sugar and sugar makes you fat. That's what I heard.

Nope your body knows what to do with natural sugars from fruits and veggies when you add simple sugars aka table sugar corn syrup ect it is not sure what to use it for since it has no nutritional value and converts it to fat cells. That is what your body does with anything its not sure what to do with or sends it to the liver

OK, Metabolically speaking can you explain to me how the body handles sugars from fruits differently than those from table sugar? I just want to make sure I understand before eating lbs of fruit.
    Sorry for butting in, but...the body processes frustose and table sugar in essentially the same way. The idea with fruit is that it is a food that provides water, vitamins, minerals, etc., along with the sugar, all in a low calorie package. It's really not that much sugar.

+1

There are studies that show that high levels of fructose can be a problem, but similar studies show the same problems with high-fat and high glucose diets. The general conclusion was that it's the over-consumption and weight gain causing metabollic issues and not the type of sugar consumed. So, don't eat tons of fruit just because it's fruit - still keep your total sugar intake under control, but don't shun fruit just because there's sugar in it.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Need help or tips on how to make sure I get my water intake in. I have been having a big issue drinking it. For the most part I get my Amino Energy powder in my water in the AM and PM but that only gets me about 40oz of water. The other 60oz I am struggling to even drink. And sadly - I am not getting really any other fluid in either.

No I don't drink soda, really don't want to use crystal light or other similar products because of the aspartame in them. So I have been thinking, since we are coming up to Spring and Summer and the wonderful sun in the PNW of making Ice Tea... unsweetened of course, I prefer it that way.

Any other idea's?

88.gif
  • mdraper60
    mdraper60 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned.. I didn't read the entire thread. I've seen where people get a couple of water bottles (enough for the amount they are trying to drink in a day) and mark with a permanent marker different times of the day and they drink to that line by that time. Hope that makes sense!!

I don't have any problems drinking water so I don't have any other suggestions really. I do find that if I use a straw I drink more faster so that might help too.

Hope you can get it figure out!!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Buy a pitcher or water bottle that you can infuse fruit in... look on amazon, they have a few. Lemons, mint, berries... anything to give the water a natural flavoring should help you out!

But....but.....all the sugar.......

Fruit is healthy :)

Nope your body knows what to do with natural sugars from fruits and veggies when you add simple sugars aka table sugar corn syrup ect it is not sure what to use it for since it has no nutritional value and converts it to fat cells. That is what your body does with anything its not sure what to do with or sends it to the liver

OK, Metabolically speaking can you explain to me how the body handles sugars from fruits differently than those from table sugar? I just want to make sure I understand before eating lbs of fruit.

Dr. Oz says that fruit helps you poop.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Buy a pitcher or water bottle that you can infuse fruit in... look on amazon, they have a few. Lemons, mint, berries... anything to give the water a natural flavoring should help you out!

So does Taco Bell and it makes me fat.......
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I do 2 things that help at least get the ball rolling (once you get used to drinking water you really do crave it a little more - although I find that only last for a couple weeks before I have to start over again with the following...) - I set a timer on my phone to go off every 1/2 hour - when it goes off I have to take a drink of water. I 'brib' myself - things like I can't have that hershey's kiss until I drink 1/2 a glass of water. I also find a water bottle I like.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    You can add fruit to them. I've seen a lot of things about soaking fruit in water overnight and stuff to get the taste naturally.

^^

Homemade infused water is amazing, cheap and nutritious. What's not to like?

I also run a batch of green tea through my iced tea maker from time to time and drink that. Nobody says it has to be straight up water (although for thirst, there's frankly nothing better). If you need to flavor it, who cares? Stay hydrated, that's what matters.
  • deemartin2
    deemartin2 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way but I drink tea like you wouldn't believe. I just get all kinds of flavors to mix it up a little. I also use water when I have my shake after a workout. Though, there is also MIO which I've been told is very good, it flavors your water as little or as much as you choose. (Its not a power but rather a bottle of liquid flavor)
  • ThinkMini
    ThinkMini Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Move to Texas where the summers are so unbearably hot, that you'll be grateful to have some water on hand. Seriously though, I agree with the many others, as far as infusing natural flavors into your water.

Some of my favorites:
    Basil, Lemon, Cucumber
    Lime
    Blueberry, rosemary

Make different ones in mason jars and switch it up.
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    Your body is capable of getting its H20 requirements from pretty much anything that contains water; coffee, tea, juice, fruits, vegetables etc. So,you don't really have to drink 64 oz of plain water everyday

QFT
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I use Mio. Splenda instead of Aspartame. It's probably bad for you also, but it's the best of the two choices. I hate plain water too.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I find it bazaar when people say they don't like water. You don't like air too?

I find it bizarre that you can't spell. You don't like grammar, too?

Seriously, some people don't enjoy drinking water. Accept it, tolerate it, and move on.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

I heard GMO's make you fat AND I heard that Taco Bell uses tortillas from GMO corn. I bet that's why it makes you fat.
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Just drink the damn water. That was my personal philosophy. Now I get at least 8 cups before noon most days. Learn to love it.
  • johnlatte
    johnlatte Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    green tea loves you it helps with sore muscles for me.No added sweetners maybe honey when it is hot but thats when I am sore sore sore. No caff in green tea

+1 on the green tea, you can add things like dried fruit or dried ginger to it when you are steeping it. Really good stuff. No real need to sweeten it. unless you want to. Honey or agave works good.
  • suzbaru
    suzbaru Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Get into a water routine.

Purchase a 16 or 24 ounce bottle; anything above 24 ounces can be daunting for NPWD (Non-Professional Water Drinkers).

Take baby steps and work up to lugging around a 32, 48 or 64oz bottle or dare I say gallon jug?

My old routine was:
    1 bottle on the way to work
    2nd before 10am
    3rd before lunch
    4th before 4pm
    5th on the way home from work
    And the last and 6th bottle to be completed anytime in the evening before bed.
    That means 96 ounces of watery goodness; that's right… 12 cups.

Once you get this down, you will notice how much more water you can and will want to consume. I personally drink around 144 ounces or 18 cups of water a day. During the summer I drink more.

I also drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning and once in a great while a soda, maybe once every 3 months or so.
  • freebird777
    Options

Purchase a 16 or 24 ounce bottle; anything above 24 ounces can be daunting for NPWD (Non-Professional Water Drinkers).

Take baby steps and work up to lugging around a 32, 48 or 64oz bottle or dare I say gallon jug?

My old routine was:
    1 bottle on the way to work
    2nd before 10am
    3rd before lunch
    4th before 4pm
    5th on the way home from work
    And the last and 6th bottle to be completed anytime in the evening before bed.
    That means 96 ounces of watery goodness; that's right… 12 cups.

Once you get this down, you will notice how much more water you can and will want to consume. I personally drink around 144 ounces or 18 cups of water a day. During the summer I drink more.

I also drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning and once in a great while a soda, maybe once every 3 months or so.

DO YOU PEE PROFESSIONALLY? I wish I could drink this much water .....I'd be in the bathroom all day long.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options

At 20ish cups a day, I think I qualify as a pro. I still use 24 oz. bottles. I just have to take four of them to work. I was only taking three, but I was miserable on my long days. Anywhere with safe, non yucky water, I just keep filling the same bottle. We take two whenever we leave the house together. One usually stays in the car so that we have it on the way home. We mostly use our threadless bottles. They have push button tops, so we have one handed operation. Very important when operating a vehicle.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

I heard GMO's make you fat AND I heard that Taco Bell uses tortillas from GMO corn. I bet that's why it makes you fat.

What about the pink slime? Will that make me fat?

Ive heard some people say its okay to log tea and diet soda as water. If I eat a taco with pink slime in it can I log 1/2 of it as water?